Continuing Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Stressful work evnironment
current employee (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHNovember 5, 2018
This place is terrible the management doesn't care about or appreciate it's employees. They have an extremely high turn over rate. They also have a high call off rate leaving the responsibility of covering the shifts to the employees that are already over worked and tired. If you are looking for just a pay check then i would recommend working here if you actually care about your work keep on looking some where else.
Pros
Cons
high turn over, high call offs, mandation to stay over to cover shifts
Pediatric Medical Daycare at Galloway
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Galloway, NJOctober 8, 2018
I've been working as a Pediatric RN at the Medical Day Care Center in Galloway for 1 1/2 years caring for children with medical needs. I can't say enough about the wonderful work environment and, most especially, the loving and caring staff that I have been blessed to work with. Each child's medical needs and individualized plan of care are addressed and implemented in a loving and nurturing environment by a group of awesome professionals that work as a TEAM to ensure each child feels special and excited about coming to school each day, knowing that their needs will be met in a comfortable and safe environment.
Poor work place
Stna (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 10, 2018
The management here is terrible. They don’t care about their workers at all. They don’t have any of the answers to questions once asked. You can tell that this company is all about money & they really dont care about the residents. I wouldn’t recommend working here at all.
Pros
Some one the aides were nice
Cons
Poor management
AWESOME place to work and the residents are my family!!!
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Gracewoods salem ohJuly 16, 2018
I love the atmosphere and my co -workers! The residents are my family and the fact that Im fT working only 3 days a wk! very nice and adaptable co workers and being my own boss is what works for me!
Pros
3 days is FT
Terrible work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHJune 15, 2018
Not a facility that I would ever work at again. Human Resources is inadequate, scheduling was a nightmare, staff is not treated like a team by management and the management doesn’t communicate with their staff or each other. Policies would change and no one would communicate and then staff would get wrote up not knowing. Care was lacking due to being understaffed. The dietary department was not literate which put our patient safety lacking. This place will hire anyone that breathes. Don’t apply thinking you can help improve things, they refuse to better the work environment and they want uneducated employees so they can pay them little to nothing and work them to death.
Pros
Occasional weekend off
Cons
Hostile environment due to poor management
Fantastic corporation!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 1, 2018
Continuing healthcare is a fantastic corporation to work for. They value their employees, with regular, consistent retention and appreciation efforts. Corporate staff are very supportive and involved. The culture of the company focuses on residents, patient care, and staff retention. Staff development and growth opportunities are a priority with CHS. Ownership has been in the long term care industry for nearly 60 years, and it shows. By far the best corporation I have worked for.
Pros
Comprehensive benefits packages, corporate support, growing company with opportunity to grow your career.
Arcadia valley
CURRENT EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Coolville, OHApril 10, 2018
I have worked at Arcadia Valley for multiple years. Its more like a big family instead of work. The longevity of the staff here tells you its a good place to work. Nurses been there 40 years and a lot of aides 20 plus years. A lot of the management staff also has a lot of longevity. Everyone works well with each department and communication is great. Out resident are happy and appreciate all the staff. I would highly recommend applying at Arcadia Valley and join there nursing team, You wont regret it.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 28, 2018
It’s taken me a few places but I finally found a facility to work at that I’m learning and growing as a nurse. The Don teaches and explains the why! The managers are doing things to make the building better for the residents and staff.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Smoking is allowed for residents
CHS of Cuyahoga Falls
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 18, 2018
First off, i miss our old company. Ever since we were bought out by CHS it has been a struggle. I hope this is just growing pains. We have high staff turn over. Management is great but they are all leaving and going to be hard to fill their shoes. Residents are frustrated because we have no staff. If we could retain staff, it wouldn’t be such a bad place to work.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Chs managment
Don't know enough to review the company.
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Continuing Heathcare Solutions just bought the company from National Church Residences in August and really don't know enough about the company to give a review
Benefits
Cons
Great opportunity to advance nursing skills!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHFebruary 9, 2018
This wonderful place to call a career is top notch. There is a lot of acuity here so learning new nursing skills is an everyday occurance. Friendly staff are always willing to help as well. They work around school/home schedules to the best of their ability too. I have become so comfortable in tasks that we’re once intimidating such as ventilator patients.
Pros
Friendly staff, learning environment
Cons
Insurance
Poor management
Department Head Manager (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 7, 2018
As soon as continuing health care solutions took over their building In Gahanna things went downhill fast. The communication was poor and often in accurate. Management has unreasonable expectations and offer no help a problem resolution.
Pros
Floor staff and department heads
Cons
Corporate management
Caring and Energetic Place to Work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Continuing Healthcare Solutions is a wonderful organization.

There is a high level of trust between corporate and staff at the facilities.

I enjoy coming to work, friendly coworkers and residents make my day!

Company works together as a team to generate new ideas and implement them.

We promote growth from within, welcome diversity, and offer competitive wages, along with some great perks.

Company has strategic leaders and is growing in a positive direction.
Pros
Teamwork - Incentives Offered - Friendly Environment
Family Oriented Facility - Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  McConnelsville, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I have worked for other corporations and CHS, by far, is the best one. The owners are involved and know what is happening at each of the facilities and take an interest in us. At the facility level the employees are caring and kind to the residents. On days when we are challenged to do more, the team pulls together to take care of the residents.
Pros
Good leadership from corporate, flexible work hours, ability to work independently or as a team depending on situation
Cons
Insurance cost for family coverage - single coverage affordable
Awesome company to work for!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 23, 2018
I have worked in health care for 30+ years and CHS is by far the best company I’ve worked for. Great company to work for. Opportunity for advancement and a great management team.
I plan on staying in my job.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  McArthur, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I have worked at C.H.S. for over 6 years. Working at a skilled nursing facility can be hard work because you can never forget you are here for the people as well as get your job done. The rewards of your hard work far surpass the effort needed. The residents become a part of your extended family.
Pros
Management's commitment to employee retention through the wage scale and benefit package, ongoing training for the employees so they are best they can be
Cons
Call off's, the death of a long term resident
Professional and Well Managed
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  MentorJanuary 23, 2018
I starting working at Continuing Healthcare of Mentor a few months ago. Since I started everyone in the building was welcoming, both staff and residents. The staff at the corporate office is always available for assistance. It can be stressful at times, just like any other job would be, but management is always willing to help to resolve any issues that arise. We truly do work together as a team!
Pros
Management, benefits, competent & friendly staff, training
Outstanding Company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Continuing Healthcare Solutions is a great company to work for! They provide an excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. They are a growing company with advancement opportunities. I would highly recommend that you check them out. They have facilities located throughout the State of Ohio with a variety of opportunities.
Pros
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Good building
LPN (Current Employee) –  Beverly, OHDecember 27, 2017
this company gave me the opportunity for advancement. hardest part of my job is keeping up with the changes that cms requires. lacks communication. raises not given as should.