Continuum Pediatric Nursing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A nice job
Home Health Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 18, 2018
It was a nice job. I really liked my supervisor and i never had any issue getting a hold of anyone if i had any questions. That's a big worry with home health. you never know what's gonna happen and you are basically an island. I never felt that way with Continuum. The supervisor visited regularly and they took care of their business so i could take care of the patient.
Friendly and professinal company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 10, 2018
Providing nursing care for pediatric patient with complex medical need like TPN, Trach/Vent and tube feed in their homes. I enjoy spending quality time with my patients.
Typical Home Health company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 8, 2018
Not enough training, disorganized management. Still thankful to be hired right out of nursing school for some initial peds experience . Most cases are far from where I lived.
Productive and family oriented place to work
Field Nurse / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 1, 2018
- Nice place to work
- Flexible Schedule
- Dedicated and loving administrative staffs
- Good staff training
- Much care for their clients and family
Much care for staffs
fun place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 8, 2017
Its a good place to work being a new nurse, it gives you some training on gastrostomy, tracheotomy and ventilator experience. The stuff are helpful especially the case manager, always there to help you.
Not too bad of a company to work for but doesn't pay as much as others
RN (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PASeptember 10, 2017
I've worked here since April of this year, so not quite 6 months. The staffing needs looked into because there's a few not so good nurses. Pay is better other places. But it's not too bad.
Disappointing
LPN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 22, 2017
Very disappointed in this company, I gave 8 years of dedicating my work life to this company. When my child was no longer available to work with, the company threw me out like a piece of garbage. Benefits are terrible. They do not care if you have loved ones at home going through chemo and radiation treatments, or if a family member dies, they only wanted to know how soon I could be back at work. The family I worked for was a different story, very kind, caring and generous... I would never recommend anyone going to work for this company in Pittsburgh.
Pros
Pediatric families. Choose your own time off
Cons
Management, benefits and pay terrible
Pediatric LPN
Pediatric Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 21, 2017
Company cares about their clients, great office team members work hard every day to insure there is coverage. Pay is not the best, nor is the benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, PTO for 30 hours and up worked
Cons
pay is not the best
Productive place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 16, 2017
Continuum Pediatric Nursing is productive and well cultured work place. I have learned a lot and have a lot of experience working with the agency. It was an enjoyable place to work.
Productive, great experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 7, 2017
A typical day of work with Continuum Pediatric patient is never the same. You really don't know what will happen, but your prepared. If something falls outside your skills there's always someone just a phone call away. Management is very helpful. The hardest part of my job is leaving my client. The most enjoyable part of my job is there's never a dull moment, my client always cracks himself up.
Great workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2016
I went to work with continuum right out of nursing school. They always pay you accommodating to your case. They never make you work where you're uncomfortable and have such a great supporting staff. Scheduling is on top of things. Supervisors make sure you're okay at your workplace and follow up with any questions and concerns. So much experience provided through the cases. Such a great company to work for.
lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 14, 2016
good job great people . good rn supervisor east going workplace felxiable hours and great pay great scheduler . great job sites. greay pay
Nice workplace
PRIVATE DUTY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot of valuable information and lots of hands on with vent, g-tube, THe family I worked for were real nice, caring,and Christian family,
Caring for fragile, sick children in their homes.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 6, 2015
I would spend my days at work in my patients home. I was responsible for administering prescribed medications and treatments to the child in my care, tending to their unique needs at all times during my shift, never leaving them alone or unattended. I learned how to blend into a families daily routines and become a part of their family. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with the death of a young child I had taken care of. The most enjoyable part was feeling that I made a difference in a sick childs life, by taking care of them in their homes, surrounded by their families when they would have otherwise have been confined to a institutional facility that could meet their needs.
Pros
Helping families stay together
Cons
Having patients pass away
questionable employer
nurse (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJune 3, 2015
This company attempts to push the limits right to the end. I left being scared of my license being taken away from those things that were encouraged from top administrators.
Great employer
LPN (Current Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 22, 2014
I was impressed with their dedication to treating me like a valued member of the team.
very unorganized
lpn (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 13, 2014
Hired for full time, but not given hours. Even after hounding them for an open scheduling list to be assigned to cases they still never follow up. They advertise as Chicago pediatric nursing, but with my experience they seem like they are a suburb nursing organization leaving you to drive 1-1.5 hours to work with out reimbursement. They seem very unorganized and don't even give written schedules.
Pros
children
Cons
scheduling, pay, no reimbursement for long travels, no health insurance, no consistent work
Home HealthAide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2014
Assisted patient with daily living,example asssit to bathroom,food preparation, vital signs and nebulizer treatments
Clinical Supervisor
Clinical Supervisor/Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 15, 2014
Very good home health agency who truly cares about the clients.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No medical benefits/Insurance
Liked my work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
give meds, bath, perform general nursing care, give therapy
Pros
scheduled days
Cons
shifts