Continuum of Care Employee Reviews

Environment was great to work in
Mental Health Services (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 26, 2019
Program management sucks a lack of communication employees over worked schedule under schedule staff higher management don't have no consideration for the clients or Nor for staff.
Pros
It was a great experience working for the company
Cons
Higher management he'd ask more consideration is not about the numbers it's about the clients
I went from full time to part time
Community Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 22, 2019
I assisted my clients with their daily living. It entailed what ever was needed, medications to be monitored or a ride to a family members home or maybe if they needed help with going to a group meeting or a Dr.'s appointment and etc.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Company Bad Employees
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven County, CTApril 4, 2019
This company is a good company a lot of benefits but the only problem is employees don't care to do there job. I've worked for continuum 2 years and in those 2 years it was a revolving door of employees, managers, and nurses.
Pros
Hours, Pto, health insurance, Ot
Cons
Employees suck, and you complain management don't care.
You do not want to work at Continuum of Care.
CSA (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 25, 2019
This company only cares about looking good in the community to continue getting funding. They have dishonest people working as Directors of programs. Directors come in whenever and leave early. Directors pass all the work to other employees but take credit for it. The administration at the main building are hypocritical. They pretend to care for the clients they serve but in truth all they care about is getting their money. No one cares about the employees. People are fired left and right so that friends of higher-ups can be hired. The pay is about 43% lower than the going rate any where else for any position there.
Pros
Unfortunately none.
Cons
Pay, stress, gossip, no job security, higher-ups abuse of power and intimidation
fast past client focused decent place to work
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06511March 25, 2019
pleasant clients but can be difficult at times job requires patience and understanding very busy work environment in group home setting. decent benefit package that includes health and dental coverage as well as retirement planning.
Pros
clients a wonderfal
Cons
no room for growth with out college degree
productive company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 18, 2019
Very good company to work for. I enjoyed the residents and my staff. The work environment was very good, nice and clean. The residents enjoyed being in the house.
productive and fun enviroment
Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 15, 2019
a typical day at work involves interacting with the clients, keeping a running log of the clients. transport clients to and from groups and activites. prepare meals. mentor and interact with the clients food bank run for clients
Pros
free meals
Cons
no pension/ bonuses
One big family
Chief Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 14, 2019
The best thing about working at Continuum was the familial atmosphere. I enjoyed the interaction between staff and clients as this helped me to experience its mission first hand.
High volume caseloads, autonomy after efficiency
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boys Town, NEJanuary 26, 2019
Working at Boys Town exposed me to various levels of management, ongoing training, and education. Working in the behavioral science area has enabled me to utilize my skills in all areas of management.
Pros
Working with variety of people and cultures
Cons
Long hours away from family, especially holidays.
Productive workplace
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 18, 2019
As a program manager, I had great staff and directors. The clients was the most enjoyable part of my job. Continuum of Care provided lots of trainings and resources.
good place tom work.
CSA (Current Employee) –  wetherssfield, CTDecember 15, 2018
Continuum has been really good to me. I have had 2 good managers and only one bad so far but the bad people are weeded out in this company. very flexible and understanding management team. no last minute call outs or a bunch of empty shifts. better pay then others in the area but wish it was more but tis better than most.
Pros
management, time off, benefits, nice homes
Extremely rewarding working environment
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 5, 2018
I love helping others accalimat back into the community, sometimes it as easy as just lending an ear and allowing a client vent I currently bring clients to all Doctor appointments and help them obtain any documents that are needed for their situation example applying for Social Security benefits food stamps for those who qualify
Pros
My job is rewarding
Cons
Not being able to follow up after clients stay expired
Stay away
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 10, 2018
HORRIBLE, just HORRIBLE. I do not recommend this agency to anyone. The management is not supportive to their staff. They overwork the staff with no appreciation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no breaks
Excellent employer
Discharge Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
I have been very happy working for this employer , but I prefer a job that is more clinically complex.

Much of this role is medical assistant level duties.
Great work place
Resident Advisor /Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06519July 10, 2018
productive and progressive thinking employment. really great place to work if your looking to make a difference. also very supportive work staff with lots of knowledge
Pros
set work schedule
Work life balance
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 29, 2018
This position requires light travel and patience. Work life balance definitely a plus. Must be a self starter, and not concerned with grant based employment security .
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Security of position
Good
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2018
Kaiser is a great company and has great benefits. They encourage work life balance. There is never nothing to do and they provide training within reason.
Kind and caring co-workers for the most part. Truly care for the clients well-being!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 19, 2018
Those few co-workers that don't care about how they leave job duties undone. Management not held accountable for absence, tardiness and very unfair reprimand of certain employees!
Pros
Seeing the results of helping those in need!
Cons
Low pay, workload extremely excessive
Dont Trust It
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 29, 2018
I started working there and once I finished my 3 day training classes my manger told me the position I got hire for wasn't available anymore and I waited 6 months and never found a position.
Nice place to work
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 18, 2018
Worked for over 2 years at Continuum, it was a good opportunity. Great workplace culture. Awesome team to work with, I have enjoyed working at Continuum.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continuum of Care. Our community is ready to answer.