Contra Costa Community College District Employee Reviews

Management is poor, classified staff overworked
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 4, 2018
management treats classified staff unfairly, no room for advancement, especially for those of color, many departments do not want to work with diversity and so limit the amount of time “minorities” can work with them even if they are great workers, and a lot of times some of us work many hours we do not get paid or recognized for.
Pros
beautiful campus and the students
Cons
management and lack of diversity on most campuses
Great experience
Contra Costa College Police Aide (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Great job for the experience. I learned a lot but decided to move on with my life. Helped me better understand the relationship between Police Officeds and the community
Pros
Talking and getting to know people
Cons
Little pay
Stepping Stone
Police Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical shift begins with a quick briefing what happened within the last shift. My shift would be from 1730 hrs to 2230 hrs. The majority of the shift consist of foot patrolling the college campus answering questions from students about citation and or giving directions to locations around campus. Working the night shift we were responsible for taking down the flag at dusk, responding to an occasional emergencies with officers, citing vehicles in violation, providing escorts to officials and most importantly locking down to school every night. I have learned a lot working as a police aide. I enjoy working here but the management could be far better.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management
Front desk student job
FRONT DESK STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I had a student job at the Contra Costa College gym, which was fairly easy. I met new people, learned about the gym machines, ensured students all paper (gym) work was done. Fairly easy.
Stressful, underpaid
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 12, 2017
Harassment is rampant, management treats classified staff unfairly, no room for advancement, due to union bad employees can NOT be fired. Overall, terrible place to work.
Pros
students
Cons
everything but the benefits
Busy place, but can be nice
Senior Payroll Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAOctober 30, 2016
I love my work and staff members but management leaves much to be desired.

Here I have learned to just do my job and not to offer any recommendations, management is not interested. My co-workers are great and I enjoy working with them. There is no overtime here, which is nice but when one is overloaded and still expected to get the work done in 8 hours it is stressful and breaks are omitted to keep your job.

The hardest part of the job is just trying to survive each day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management lakes people skills, and they don't listen.
Contra Costa Community College District
Senior Payroll Technician (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAOctober 23, 2016
Work is not the problem, I have enough to do and I like the people I work with but management is not healthy or supportive. I work in the payroll department and it is very fast paced, we process 5 payrolls a month. The good think is there is no overtime and we get 2 weeks off at Christmas time.

I enjoy working with the people in my department, we truly are a team. Management is not supportive and they make the environment unhealthy and there the job becomes unbearable.
It was a fun place to work where I was able to get school district experience.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CaliforniaJune 28, 2016
I had the pleasure of doing in house payroll with many co-workers that I enjoyed working with. This experience further my payroll career. My commute was 15 minutes to and from Martinez.
Good learning environment a lot of Independent work
Science Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJune 7, 2016
Good Work Place can possibly grow. Nice lunch break and benefits.
Managed 15 different Science lab sections prepping labs and teaching subordinates about safety and lab etiquette as well as setup and prepare lab experiments.
benefits
Cons
safety
Great place to work for
Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 14, 2012
A typical day at work is dealing with staff and different problems that arise during installation of new software or transferring of information from the Department of Education
Pros
great benefits, environment and people
Cons
budget is getting cut and people bein laid off