Contra Costa County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Summary
Alamo - Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackhawk, CAApril 23, 2018
I only worked for the election day but after those twelve hours I learned that Contra Costa is very organized county that makes sure its employees are satisfied at their job.
I learned quite a lot in government financing for real estate
Supervisor Real Property Agent (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAApril 17, 2018
I oversee 150+ leased properties within Contra Costa County and work with a leasing staff of 3 people. I have been able to purchase and sell properties for CCC. Completing a deal is a great experience.I have also learned a lot in construction management of real estate as I have many times been in a position to support the construction of new facilities and budget for new properties.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Slow business model, Too much red tape in government which slows down as process and costs more in tax payers money
N/a
CLERK-SENIOR LEVEL (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 14, 2018
It's not the same equal rights anymore. Long timers like myself are being pushed out. So that they can hire new workers and offer them either high benefits or none at all.
Pros
I'm a vested employee.
Cons
High turn over
Decent place to work
Senior-Level Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAApril 12, 2018
CC County is a decent place to start your career. It is very stable and they train you well. I have had a great experience with CC County. I would recommend working for them.
No communication, no management
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 9, 2018
I have never worked in a place that had such bad management and in my life I have worked in bad places. I'm invested so I endure the stupidity and poor communication. I think if they force the managers to take classes in management, advanced classes. It may be a start to establishing a good work environment. As for now they are like a bad cartoon that has people hitting each other and running around crazy. It's too bad because they pay well but the benefits are really expensive.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Really ignorant people
In a busy work shift I had to walk all night to complete the task.
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 28, 2018
In my opinion this company do not provide enough support to the engineer at night shift,which make difficult to solve problems to the customers,because I had to do everything myself, but at day shift is the opposite.
Pros
some time they provide free lunch
Very relaxed and comfortable environment
Information Systems Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work. Lots of diversity which is great thing. Depending on the time of the year, it can get a busy, but that's always a good thing. I received great support and guidance from my manger. My overall opinion is that Contra Costa County is a great place to work. Great people, great culture and very relaxed and comfortable environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a dynamic group of people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare
Great Learning Experience
Registration clerk (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMarch 4, 2018
Learned alot of computer skills and worked with a variety of Staff. Assisted in registering Patients before their appointments in a friendly and professional manner
Work
Secretary-Journey Level (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 24, 2018
It depends on department you work for if you want a promotion. I have learned a lot working there since I have been in several departments since beginning position.
Contra Costa Health Services
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I worked in various positions throughout Contra Costa County in my 16 years with them. Care Coordinator was the position I enjoyed the most. I would still be there if my family had not relocated to Ohio.
It was a fun place to work
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 14, 2018
I was working a Seasonal Clerk for the Contra Costa County Department under Election Department. I worked there for about 5 years for the Election material preparation. I liked the job and I liked my manager over-there. I have no complain about his management.
Pros
Relaxed but lot to learn
Cons
Temporary job only.
fun
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 20, 2018
it is a great work place would recommend everyone. best place to work very competitive contra costa county.
full time
job skills
adapable
legal
administrative assistant
vendor
stree free
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Job was stress free and didn't have to take it home at night, a job you can leave in the office. Just needed to follow the rules and regulations. Liked it.
contra costa county
GSD Recycling-Surplus / Public Works (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 18, 2017
breaking down boxes putting them in the compactor until the load is full then I would bin it and kick it out put it on the scale and take the weight of it and take it out to the yard with the other boxs
A very upbeat and motivated place to work
Community Support Worker II (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 11, 2017
I worked in a very supported work environment by both manager and staff. I learned how to work in a diversified work environment and how to work both independent and with a team. The workplace was a fun and rewarding office to work in but,the most difficult part of the work was to not be able to help our clients directly to help empower them towards independence The best part of the job was the constant learning aspect of the job.
Pros
support from management
Cons
seeing the clients cycling through the system
More security is needed..
Assistant Librarian (Current Employee) –  Hercules, CADecember 6, 2017
The Libraries have become dangerous and we have had to hire Security Guards at some locations..

On the rich side of the County (Danville and San Ramon) things are great.. In Antioch and Bay Point you may be beaten, robbed and/or killed.. True story here..
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Dangerous Environment
Grand Jury Member. Watch dog of County
Grand Jury Member (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 6, 2017
Very political position. The Jury Forman is appointed by the Judge and usually is a political appointment and is someone that will rubber stamp the judges decisions. Can be very ineffective bunch with poor leadership like we had on our jury.
Pros
Varied Schedule
Cons
Political Agenda and pressures
I was employed by Social Services (welfare) . There is abundant room for advancement. You are able to help participants move into the mainstream .
Retired (Former Employee) –  Richmond District, CADecember 5, 2017
You greet your participates always with couresty, and respect, it does not matter their condition ( intoxicated, elevated or even disrespectful. You have the ability to terminate the interview and reschedule. I received self-gratification by seeing most of my participants succeed by achieving their set goal or even the one I set for them.
Pros
The gratitude of seeing less fortunate persons improve their way of life
Cons
Stressful and sometimes very depressing
Job security
Deputy Tax Collector (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CANovember 16, 2017
Contra coata county is an ok place to work compensation is ok. Depending on the department you work for. Management is the key. But job security is the major plus. Great staff is always a plus
Mentoring by students and staff was appreciated. I found the working environment to be comfortable and associates were pleasant.
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CANovember 15, 2017
My work was volunteered..The incarcerated juveniles appreciated being mentored.

I enjoyed working with the full time teachers and support staff.The guards were also pleasant and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contra Costa County. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight