Contractor Nation

Working at Contractor Nation: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Contractor Nation insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Very productive and there was always work to do.

Enjoyed the place while i was there. Always busy. The time i was there i had alot of work to do for myself. Everyone there had their purpose and title to do what they were put to do.

Unprofessional and distracted

The employees of this company are nice when you first meet them. However my several encounters with them were highlighted by them staring over my shoulder during the interview process that took place in a glass office, as if he was more interested in what was going on behind me... and being "sent" several confirmation emails that never arrived and I had to reach out several times to ask for the actual interview location.Also, as you tour the facilities, workers stare at you but do not smile at all. The question I asked myself later was, "Am I being paraded around this office to remind workers they are replaceable?" Some rooms are extremely dark and unsettling.

Not all its cracked up to be.

When I first started, thought it was a cool place to work. After a few weeks you start to realize that no one is happy working here. Funny, because when you do a walk thru everyone seems nice and pleasant. Reminds me of a cult. Would not recommend for long term employment.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Hard work, not worth the pay.

great culture, no micro managing meaning you are free to grow and succeed

great culture, no micro managing meaning you are free to grow and succeed and use your skills. Room to grow, nice work-life balance, co workers are fantastic. Can honestly say I LOVE everything about my job

Get paid to learn and grow

Education is valued at Contractor Nation. Those that learn and grow in their role and in the company succeed in the long run. Leadership is kind and fair. The company culture is great and attracts people. The right people stay and the wrong people leave.

Pros

Leadership, the people, culture, work/life balance

Learning, Growth, Success

The environment is entrepreneurial and educational. The culture is collaborative and creative. The mission is motivating and rewarding. This is a workplace where growth of self, customer, and company are prioritized.

Pros

Chef who makes top-notch meals and snacks.

Best company culture I have ever had!

I have been at this company for years and it has been an amazing experience. I truly feel appreciated and valued in my role. Every few months I have been able to have a new opportunity to learn and grow as a professional. I have been able to grow and learn more in my time here than at any other company I have worked at in the past. Our leadership, my direct boss and team are the best support I have ever got at a company. They truly care about me, my growth, and my satisfaction in my role. This company is a family and I am grateful for every day I work with my team here.

Pros

Professional development, team culture, growth opportunities.

Cons

Paid time off caps and restrictions.

Love the work atmosphere and being part of a great team

Work environment is awesome; people truly care, lots of team building exercises, think tanks, and challenges to keep you energized. I would recommend this place to anyone either starting out or a seasoned veteran. This is the place to work!

Pros

Unique working environment

I do not recommend working for Contractor Nation

There is a very real reason why the turnover rate is so high at this company. Their management style is; get the absolute most out of employees for as little as possible. I do admit I learned a lot from this company. Mostly bad, but in retrospect, now I know what I will and won’t stand for as an employee going forward. If you interview with this company, be sure to ask why there is no Human Resources for such a large company.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Management belittles you and abuses you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contractor Nation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits