ConvenientMD Urgent Care

ConvenientMD Urgent Care Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
Alot to learn
I love the interaction that I have with the patients Their is alot to learn but it's worth it. Work place culture is fair and the personalities are as well.
See below
I’ve enjoyed working for company supportive and collaborative environment. I love having both medical assistants and nurses available as part of the team. I really don’t have any negative concerns at this time
Team Work
Really a team effort, small staff so you get to know each individual which makes a more relaxed environment to work in. Everyone knows their job and when help is needed for any reason, for a blood draw to another pair of eyes for a strep culture, someone is always willing to help.
Deceptive practices. You are worth more.
Interview will go well. You will love the staff and clinic setting. Corporate micromanagement and unethical practices sets heavy after joining the team. The clinic managers have zero say in anything. The corporate model is ambiguous, deceptive, and amoral. It will directly impact you after time. Beware of this company. The clinic staff and pay is decent. The deceptive practices and unethical behaviors at the corporate level become apparent after the honeymoon phase. Everyone puts on a smile in your interview. Roses and lavender. At the end of the day you are treated as a number, replaceable, and without a clear vision of what your scope of practice is. You are worth more and there are plenty of companies out there that know how to treat their employees and value them. Run away.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Corporate Model, Hr, Deceptive and amoral practices
Best Job I've Had
I really love this company. Every person cares about you, and is there to help you succeed. Co workers feel like extended family, and I genuinely look forward to work. Every department in the company is kind, genuine, and helpful. Our manager is very helpful and will always answer our questions, and help us in any way she can. We are all positive and will help other co-workers with schedule flexibility! I anticipate staying here for my career as a medical receptionist, then medical assistant, and beyond!
Horrible Management
I don’t recommend working for ConvenientMD in MA, Management sucks and they hire anyone for the job with any type of background. They don’t care how you are treated by management and HR is definitely no help either. Good luck if anyone in your family passes they won’t give you time off instead they fire you!!
Don’t bother applying!
I had tried to apply and the nursing manager kept cancelling on me at the location in Concord. After finally settling on a time, she emails me and can’t have the courtesy nor the professionalism to call and says the position for the receptionist position has been filled after I was on my way to go to the interview. Do not even try to apply as it is jumping through hoops for a phone call screening, them chasing for the interview!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
unprofessional, not worth the time or money!
Work environment
I was not pleased with the way that they handled the patients. I felt like the billing aspect was not okay. Many patients left unhappy and that bothered me. I also felt like they didn’t not care about front desk staff.
Urgent Care facility not associated with major hospitals
Medical Receptionist - 12 hour shifts, full time is three days a week.
I am new to the medical field and the clinical staff always takes time to explain things to me that I may not understand.

Hardest part of the job for me is the 12 hour shifts. It has taken time to adjust to the length of the shift.

I love being the first and last person our patients see. We offer referral services as well and like making appointments on the patients behalf to alleviate some of the stress in the scheduling process.

has mulitple locations in three states and have ability to pick up shifts in other clinics other than your "home" clinic

Scheduling for shifts are 1 month in advance. (IE, January schuedule is provided by December 1)
Pros
free coffee and snacks. People who work here are kind and compassionate
Cons
not regular breaks provided, you break when you can.
Not professional, lots of favoritism
Lack of management. Other practice managers think they are your supervisor as your regional sets the tone for it. Human Resources is a joke as they really are not impartial, all in favor of upper management. Employees are great. However, some managers are too busy trying to make staff their friends rather then lead.
Flexible
I love working three 12 hour shifts. It allows me to have a better work/life balance. However, I took a huge pay cut to work here, over 10k/year. Also, the benefits are horribly expensive, with the only plus being free urgent care for my family. I took this job solely for the work life balance, because otherwise the compensation package would not be worth it. Because of this, I don’t feel valued by the company executive members at all, though my local coworkers are wonderful and make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Free urgent care for family, flexibility with scheduling
Cons
Benefit package is poor, compensation is below average.
Great Management; horrible employees.
I really enjoyed working here at first but the 12 hour days get to be hard. The manager was amazing and did a great job but the staff can be snobby and rude. Most of the staff is great but being up front... you deal with a lot of drama and issues. Felt like I was in high school.
observing
I, personally, don't mind the 3 12-hour shifts. BUT, *you* don't get breaks
The pay is nothing to write home about. But I have other reasons why the position works for me (proximity to home, the shift structure, free urgent care for me and family). And so I'm willing to compromise
Good place to get experience
The best part about working for CMD is that you are able to get hired as a medical receptionist with no previous experience in the medical field, which I'm thankful for. I now have that experience to put on my resume as I am actively looking to move on to a much better place. It's a rough place to work, extremely stressful if you're in one of the busier clinics, it's not rewarding, and you deal with a lot of issues all day. You're not just registering patients but you also have deal with DOT's, Occ Health, Worker's Comps, and referrals you do everyday. On top of that, you do not get breaks, not even lunch. It's not stated, but it's implied. You're expected to eat at your desk in between greeting patients. Surprisingly, it's not too bad, but after a year I'm just tired of it. It's hard to sit in a chair for 12 hours straight, sometimes for 3 shifts in a row. Managers come and go and they are always, always short staffed. On your days off you will get text messages from managers or other employees asking if you can come in to work, so annoying. It almost feels like harrassment, like your personal time or home life doesn't matter. Finally, there are no raises, ever, unless you train people, then you get an extra 20 cents, not worth the headache and paperwork.
Pros
Flexible schedule. They provide snacks and some lunch foods.
Cons
Just about everything else
You will regret working for this company
Disgusting and illegal activities going on with this company. Zero breaks during your 13 hr shift. No MD on staff, ever. Cut-throat and constant drama. Management & corporate treat their employees terrible. Repeated calls about billing department charging patient’s credit cards without prior notification or explanation (that they force the patients to leave on file or will refuse to treat) Not the job that they describe or make it sound to be when hiring. An absolute disgraceful & chaotic company.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
No breaks whatsoever. Highly illegal staffing with NO MD on site. Poorest of management.
You are worth more! Run!
Awful place to work! They dont care about patient care, they care about getting a credit card on file!!! Unless you are buddy buddy with management they treat you like garbage! Hours are "8am-8pm" but you are required to stay until the last patient leaves, usually around 840 PM, and have to be clocked in by 745 am! Usually 13+ hour days, with NO BREAKS. They dont give you lunch break or anything as there is no one to cover your spot. Pay is absolutely insulting considering you have to do, patient volume, etc. Corp doesnt listen nor care to anything you have to say. Raises always on freeze, but some years you can vlget a 25 cent, which isnt the cost of living!

If you want to be overworked, exhausted, under valued, severely underpaid and have every single little thing you do picked apart and reported for minor errors, forced out or fired if for some reason the leads or management dont like you, its the perfect place to be!
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Pay, hours, no breaks, poorly managed, favoritism, money over patient care, No breaks, hours
Very poor support of staff - it’s all about the dollar.
I found absolutely no loyalty to staff - everyone is very easily disposed of if the clique doesn’t like them. Poor management. I saw so many excellent clinical staff fired for absolute nonsense with absolutely no remorse. Worked TONS of weekends and holidays and never saw my family. Very low reward job - you’re just pushing patients out the door as quickly as possible to make $$$$.
Pros
Only 3 days a week, free urgent care for yourself
Cons
Horrible vacation time and retirement package, many people were paid very poorly.
The clinical crew is like family, great hours! Managers come and go quite often, they do not pay for continuing education and don't offer tuition reimbursement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
They are in it for hospitality, not patient care
This company has good intention, However, they are horribly mismanaged by business people who know nothing about healthcare nor do they care about healthcare. Horrible place to work if you have any sort of brain, free will or desire to provide good, evidenced-based care
Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from CMD
In my time here, I watched upper management overwork and overload my direct manager to a breaking point where he quit. From this point on, the company has taken a turn for the worse. The replacement for this branch is driving it into the ground with no ethics, morals, or respect for the staff. Shifts are 12-13 hours sometimes longer and because the new managers won’t hire anybody, you are made to work the front desk alone, with no breaks. Corporate continues to add to the workload with no regard to our pay, which stays the same (insultingly low). Nurses have come to work under the influence and management is more concerned over which candy to put in the candy drawer. Also, most of these five star reviews were written by branch managers after upper management instructed them to do so a few months back. Explains why they sound like company advertisements.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, 12+ hour shifts, ditsy unprofessional managers, employees under the influence
Great coworkers but often over worked with low pay and no breaks
This was a great job solely because of the great people who work here. The hours were long.. 12+ hour days with no breaks including no lunches. The pay was on the low side with minimal room for growth from an administrative stand point.
Pros
Great coworkers, free urgent care visits to employee and immediate family members, snacks
Cons
Lack of breaks/lunches!, lack of opportunity for advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConvenientMD Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.