ConvenientMD Urgent Care

ConvenientMD Urgent Care Employee Reviews for Medical Receptionist

Medical Receptionist15 reviews
United States15 reviews
I love the interaction that I have with the patients Their is alot to learn but it's worth it. Work place culture is fair and the personalities are as well.
Only been there for a couple months but i love it. The flexibility to my schedule is great. getting the MONTHLY schedule a month and half in advance is great. I can plan my life and not beg for a schedule. Shifts are 12 hours long so your work week is only 3 days long so you don’t get in OT which allows me to have time at home AND have another part time job
Pros
Great schedule.
Cons
Pay is great but a little low depending on your position. Benefits could be explained better.
I really love this company. Every person cares about you, and is there to help you succeed. Co workers feel like extended family, and I genuinely look forward to work. Every department in the company is kind, genuine, and helpful. Our manager is very helpful and will always answer our questions, and help us in any way she can. We are all positive and will help other co-workers with schedule flexibility! I anticipate staying here for my career as a medical receptionist, then medical assistant, and beyond!
I was not pleased with the way that they handled the patients. I felt like the billing aspect was not okay. Many patients left unhappy and that bothered me. I also felt like they didn’t not care about front desk staff.
Medical Receptionist - 12 hour shifts, full time is three days a week.
I am new to the medical field and the clinical staff always takes time to explain things to me that I may not understand.

Hardest part of the job for me is the 12 hour shifts. It has taken time to adjust to the length of the shift.

I love being the first and last person our patients see. We offer referral services as well and like making appointments on the patients behalf to alleviate some of the stress in the scheduling process.

has mulitple locations in three states and have ability to pick up shifts in other clinics other than your "home" clinic

Scheduling for shifts are 1 month in advance. (IE, January schuedule is provided by December 1)
Pros
free coffee and snacks. People who work here are kind and compassionate
Cons
not regular breaks provided, you break when you can.
I really enjoyed working here at first but the 12 hour days get to be hard. The manager was amazing and did a great job but the staff can be snobby and rude. Most of the staff is great but being up front... you deal with a lot of drama and issues. Felt like I was in high school.
I, personally, don't mind the 3 12-hour shifts. BUT, *you* don't get breaks
The pay is nothing to write home about. But I have other reasons why the position works for me (proximity to home, the shift structure, free urgent care for me and family). And so I'm willing to compromise
The best part about working for CMD is that you are able to get hired as a medical receptionist with no previous experience in the medical field, which I'm thankful for. I now have that experience to put on my resume as I am actively looking to move on to a much better place. It's a rough place to work, extremely stressful if you're in one of the busier clinics, it's not rewarding, and you deal with a lot of issues all day. You're not just registering patients but you also have deal with DOT's, Occ Health, Worker's Comps, and referrals you do everyday. On top of that, you do not get breaks, not even lunch. It's not stated, but it's implied. You're expected to eat at your desk in between greeting patients. Surprisingly, it's not too bad, but after a year I'm just tired of it. It's hard to sit in a chair for 12 hours straight, sometimes for 3 shifts in a row. Managers come and go and they are always, always short staffed. On your days off you will get text messages from managers or other employees asking if you can come in to work, so annoying. It almost feels like harrassment, like your personal time or home life doesn't matter. Finally, there are no raises, ever, unless you train people, then you get an extra 20 cents, not worth the headache and paperwork.
Pros
Flexible schedule. They provide snacks and some lunch foods.
Cons
Just about everything else
In my time here, I watched upper management overwork and overload my direct manager to a breaking point where he quit. From this point on, the company has taken a turn for the worse. The replacement for this branch is driving it into the ground with no ethics, morals, or respect for the staff. Shifts are 12-13 hours sometimes longer and because the new managers won’t hire anybody, you are made to work the front desk alone, with no breaks. Corporate continues to add to the workload with no regard to our pay, which stays the same (insultingly low). Nurses have come to work under the influence and management is more concerned over which candy to put in the candy drawer. Also, most of these five star reviews were written by branch managers after upper management instructed them to do so a few months back. Explains why they sound like company advertisements.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, 12+ hour shifts, ditsy unprofessional managers, employees under the influence
This was a great job solely because of the great people who work here. The hours were long.. 12+ hour days with no breaks including no lunches. The pay was on the low side with minimal room for growth from an administrative stand point.
Pros
Great coworkers, free urgent care visits to employee and immediate family members, snacks
Cons
Lack of breaks/lunches!, lack of opportunity for advancement
Great people but you do realize that you are just a replaceable number to the owners. Long days 12.5 to 13 hours plus per shift and not enough help so most times you may be a 10 minute break. Not much support from Management
Pros
Shorter work weeks - Great employees
Cons
Long hours, no raises, not much support from Management when needing assistance with busy times
Love working at ConvenientMD . The management and staff are a great group of people. The 3 12 hour day schedule is nice because you work 3 days and off for 4.
Pros
3 day work week.
Cons
Can not think of any.
Ever since I started working at ConvenientMD I stopped waking up and telling myself "Ugh I don't want to go to work". I also stopped counting the days until my next day off. It's a great environment to be in and the people that work here are amazing. You actually look forward to going to work, which makes the day fly by. The schedule is flexible, so you can actually have a life away from work. There are so many opportunities within the business, weather it is moving up in the company or just being able to work in a different clinic now and then. Great place to work!
I started working for ConvenientMD a few months ago. I love it here. Everyone is great. I enjoy helping the patients and the care they get from the front desk check in, all the way through the process of walking out the door is amazing. As an employee of ConvenientMD I find the company treats us with the same respect.
Very friendly and educated staff who are dedicated to providing quick, efficient, and caring services to those in need.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConvenientMD Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.
Career recommendations for Medical Receptionist
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Medical Receptionist in US