ConvenientMD Urgent Care

ConvenientMD Urgent Care Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse3 reviews
United States3 reviews
The clinical crew is like family, great hours! Managers come and go quite often, they do not pay for continuing education and don't offer tuition reimbursement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Management was all talk about patient teaching, family feel with coworkers and opportunity to advance. I oriented with a new nurse in 3 different facilities and this nurse had never been to 2 of them. I am an Emergency RN with over 10 years experience and this was going to be a nice change. On the second day I was told that I would never use a stethoscope . .and and it wasnt in my scope of practice to evaluate patients (lung sounds, undress wounds . . etc). Day 4 I had a older woman who fell and was dizzy. I was told I shouldnt have done the EKG (That found new onset afib with RVR and she left in an ambulance). Written up for that! The PA's and NP's that are for the most part are new grads treat the RN with disrespect and if you ever question their orders . . immediately write to the manager (write up #2, for a LOC that I thought needed a CT scan) . .Ridiculous!!!!! DO NOT waste your time as an RN . . . not even new grads! Job is perfect for LNA or MA who wants to gain skills and move on in a year. The CEO said they are "Retail Medicine" .. so the # of people, the better. .. NOT quality of care! I feel for the employees that are ridiculed and humiliated by management in front of other employees and "Customers". They fear for their jobs and talk about it freely once managers have left the building.
Cons
After many years of faithful service this company does NOT care about staff. Corporate comes down and just fires whoever they want. They under pay everyone! Even a nurse with 20yrs experience gets 28.00/hr when a new grad here gets 25.00/hr. How does that even make sense?!?!
Pros
Free visits for yourself and immediate family
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConvenientMD Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.
ConvenientMD Urgent Care Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for Registered Nurse
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more