Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 9,306 reviews matching the search See all 13,215 reviews
It was a great job
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 21, 2019
I believe that it was a great job. I liked that they hired from within but the management was never trained well enough to assist you when help is needed. I would recommend working there but keep in mind that management is not very helpful.
Productove and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 21, 2019
It was a fun and productive experience overall. People there were very professional, easy and fun to work with. So far was the best company I have ever been with.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
N/a
Great place for ebtry level customer service
Subscriber Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2019
If I had to give an overall rating j would give it a 7 many areas need improvement. But for the most part it was a pretty decent job with good pay. Wouldn't work for them again
Goals Goals Goals
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2019
Making expectation on meeting goals, and going the extra mile for there customers. Great training program, even have the option to apply for extra class time for certifications related to the field.
convergys
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 19, 2019
convergys is a great place to work for a first job to start off it wa s my first job and i was looking a a job at the moment its not a bad job just very unprofessional
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
401k, dentalcare
Large Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2019
Numerous large accounts with both company and client presence. Type of account determines hours of operation. Potential for overtime. Management opportunities.
Great Place
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTFebruary 18, 2019
I truly enjoyed my time at Convergys. The people I worked with were amazing. I believe I would still be employed at Convergys if the local location did not close.
Great Company
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorFebruary 18, 2019
Good Salaries but they need to be more focus on people
A very challenging job experience
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2019
The "C" in Convergys means constant changing environment, which at times leads to internal chaos
Enhanced my listening skills
Sometimes management was unpredictable
Fast Pace
Quality Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2019
Just need to be better organized. The pay was not bad. Did not have enough seating in the work area. Was on a timeline. This job allowed me to understand the health care world for medicare for the disabled, poor and senior citizens.
Pros
Food Truck and hour lunches
Cons
Cramped work area
Great place
On star Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2019
Great call center to work in , definitely pay you great hourly rate of 12.50 an hour . Great benefits, awesome 41k program. Great with giving over time. Flexible schedule!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Need longer lunches
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 15, 2019
Convergys provides great training and benefits package. The training is very thorough and beneficial for once your taking phone calls within the call center.
Pros
Provided free television services for employees
Cons
Long work hours
Call center
Call center, customer service (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NY 13601February 15, 2019
I got sent home early almost everyday because there were no calls coming in since they hired so many people. I didn't get my schedule I was told to get due to going to school. They didn't work well with me.
Pros
1 hour long lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
lousy workplace
Lead Distributor Support (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTFebruary 14, 2019
it's a call center, lots of bad management, poor business decisions and no matter how good you are or how much potential you have for growth managers will often keep you down in a place where they can best control you.

I was promised a great many things there when I first started, none of it came true even though I was highly qualified for higher positions with very little in the way of training I was never given the chance to advance. managers often favored those they knew well and were friendly with over those who were very capable and competent in the department and good team players able to boost the morale of all peers around them.

I know I sound bitter but I watched several good people leave this company because of their poor business practices and lousy management staff.
Pros
it's a paycheck.
Cons
lots of demands and poor compensation, call center
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Pedro SulaFebruary 13, 2019
It has a great and friendly workplace environment. Everyone, specially managers, are always willing to help you whenever you need help. Everyday was an amazing day full of opportunities to learn something new and specially had the opportunity to help all customers that contacted us.
Nice Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 13, 2019
This job was great because I was able to work directly with Customers on the phone. I helped them place orders and set up Accounts. I also handled Customer Service and technical issues. This job helped me be multi-tasked and provide different areas of service.
Pros
Making Customer happy
Cons
When problems have to be escalated
Suck
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 12, 2019
St Louis Convergys In Hazelwood is trash high school all over , mangers has attidues , don't fix your points , can't be late or that's .5 points never again
Pros
Pto
Cons
Cant use pto unless 3 weeks in advance, Dont fix your points on time, SCHEDULE MAKING TRASH ONLY 1 paid break which is 15 mins, You get a point if you late 3 mins
Easy Job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2019
A Job For Someone Straight Out Of High School The Job Itself Is Very Easy And Just Need Simple Communication And Problem Solving Skills. Very Social Environment
Trash
Customer Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 12, 2019
That place is a joke to work for, a lot of the management got there training out of a badly run r rated film where they were as fake as the world.. Some of my co Workers were horrible beyond words this I’ll let me post. The training was horrible and could of been put together better overall. Over all the pay was the equivalency of a sweat shop for the amount of garbage we had to deal with. You go there to have your soul and heart die for pennies. Favoritism is the norm at convergys aka the trash can, where people are promoted because of there popularity, looks and problbly who they sleep with not skill aka a certain girl in my training class who was nasty and yelled at everyone even customers and got reworded for it even made coworkers cry you know who you are. Over all you go in normal and leave a outpatient program. This is the worst company to work for a lot of them deserve to be in the unemployment line if this place closes will be the best thing to happen to it.
Pros
Cons
All around trash except for the cafeteria
Fun place
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2019
I like it nice place to work and get to better advance your skills and mindset. Great place to advance knowledge and people skills for more verbal communication
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight