Convergys Employee Reviews

11.5K
Found 9,676 reviews matching the search See all 13,944 reviews
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJuly 15, 2018
I loved working for Convergys Corporation. The job is face paced and challenging, and it's up to you to succeed in there. It's slot to learn, but you get use to it.
Stressful work environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 15, 2018
I hated working at convergys i was a trouble shooting tech and had to walk the customer through several troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue over the phone and if not then I would schedule a appointment to have a technician come out to fix the issue in a timely manner
Pros
Learned all about technology with directv
Cons
Long phone calls with upset customers
Convergys
Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 14, 2018
As a current employee I am very unsatisfied. I hate waking up everyday going to this job. If it was not for my child I would take my chances being unemployed. Once I leave this job and Yes I am going to leave this job I do not plan to return. Everyday I fear for my job because the upper management within the building are careless. They're all friends on a personal level outside of work and it shows a great deal in the work place. "Compliance" is not compliance and by that I mean if you are going to enforce rules make them for EVERYONE including your so called friends. They make you work like robots and I know work is not supposed to be fun but we are human and deserve to be treated as such. The pay is horrible for what you go through with the customers. We waited 2 years for 0.20-0.25 cents raise. What a joke!
Pros
none at this time
Cons
Management and Pay
Job Summary
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 13, 2018
Convergys is an inbound call center. I used to assist customers with technical support for AT&T as well as assist with making payments. The most enjoyable part of working at convergys was working the my team. I had an excellent coach and great team players.
Garbage
Business Class Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 13, 2018
Imagine a call center with terrible management, you're likely thinking of any call center you've ever encountered. Call centers are grueling work and they don't pay well enough to ignore the fact your management has no real management skills or that your call standards while attainable are lacking in understanding of customer service.
Savannah Office
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 13, 2018
This job is an opprtunity to be fluent in customer service, credit card proccessing, and client relations.

The hiring process is as such in the Savannah office: Application on line, scenerio assesment sent on line, in person interview along with in office typing test (small) and visual computer awareness test; click the mouse/ laptop/ port in the picture, etc.
A packet to fill out of contract and confidentiality, then you are sent to do fingerprinting at the Chatham Police Department, must return cards w/ fingerprints to the job, sent for a drug test, Labcorp, at a later time.
This job offers full-time positions, benefits after 91 days, a 9 week orientation schedule and a schedue of right now afternoon and nights as days are filled. 1:30-10 M-F or Tue-Sat of the same.

"2 monitor work station set up."
After 7pm you recieve the .50 shift differential if you are on the clock.
Pros
Benefits, full time
Cons
Evening hours
Busy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work consists of answering phones and tending to customers and resolving issues, I learned more computer skills and different programs. The hardest part of the job was talking to customers on the phone, some just wanted to keep talking instead of letting me know what the reason they were calling.
Loved it
Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2018
Loved working here. Great people, friendly managers and team leads, always a chance to succeed here. They made working there fun, always had exciting things to do while you're working to make competing fun without having to be aggressive.
Great Place to Work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 12, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for Convergys and was disappointed when they closed here in MN. I did put in a lot of effort for my team when I was a team manager and am discouraged since basically both contracts I worked for ended here due to wages and location.
Loved the job but they moved operations to Jacksonville Fla
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESOLUTION AGENT III (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 12, 2018
Loved everything about this job. A typical day was stressful but you had the time to do a good job. Great supervisors, knowledgeable and helpful.

Loved the way the supervisors took care of all of us. They cooked breakfast often and they were genuinely always on our side.
Pros
The job was great and rewarding.
Great place
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2018
The job is easy if you are use to using apple iPhones
Great place to work if you don't mind being without your cell phone
Great pay
Hardest part of the job is getting there
Pros
easy job
Cons
No phones allowed
boss
Customer Support asociate II (Current Employee) –  Santo Domingo, PRJuly 11, 2018
convergys dsnt have opportunity to grow, you have to be around the boss circle to grow up. even you do and exepcional work and work really hard for them what really matther is to be liking as...
its okay
Floor Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 11, 2018
worked there years ago, was a decent place. Management was lacking and uniformed on what was going on. It is a third party vendor so the contracts change
Great first Full time job
iOS/CPU Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 11, 2018
Call Centers do not have the best reputation for being good work places however this was a great start for me. The Managers have a good relationship with their team members and offer a ton of room for error, they make sure you are comfortable and make the place feel kind of like home. I would have stayed if they had continuous raises and had better benefits however that was not the case, I recommend this job to anyone who likes Tech and likes to be surrounded by others who like Tech as well.
Convergys and others
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 11, 2018
Just a caution that I suspect Convergys and some other work from home jobs put out the word that they are hiring but will sell your information when you fill out the application. My advice would be to give them a fake phone number and a email that you don't use for personal/ serious business, that way you don't get spam calls. Be careful because I think they benefit financially from your info even if your not hired but in turn you get nothing from them.The reason some of the companies like convergys always appear to be hiring is because they need more info to sell/use that you give to them on the application/resume.
Cons
privacy concerns
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 11, 2018
When I did work there it was a fun place to work
meet a lot of interesting and fun people
the job was stressful at times but not a hard job once you learn how to talk to customers
not sure if they raised the pay since I was there but that would be a con for me
Pros
people you meet
Cons
n/a
Caring team.
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
The staff, training department and coworkers are extremely friendly, helpful and they are all a positive group to work with.
I would recommend any one looking for a job to see what they offer.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Be prepared to work different hours each day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 11, 2018
Be flexible to work different hours and have lunch set up later each day. Make sure you laugh and agree with Site Director and Supervisors stale jokes help you get special shifts and longer breaks
Pros
Security always greet you in the morning
Cons
Late Lunches and work hours change daily
Worst job ever save your time and sanity
Apple Technician Tier (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, flJuly 11, 2018
I was a recent Grad probably the only grad that worked there. Place is filled with HS drop outs drama fights it’s highschool the hours are done different to where you never have the same schedule just sucks
worked from home
Customer Service Representative, Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 11, 2018
good place to get remote work from home job. all training was online and never had to go to office at all. was decent pay and not a hard job , however you must have a good internet connection.