Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 10,154 reviews matching the search See all 14,936 reviews
Breaks were great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2018
After the intense learning procedure, we had the opportunity to learn about the management of Convergys and the reason why we were there, customer service for AT&T.
Pros
Had great ping-pong table.
Cons
The children that were there were getting into agruement with there superiors, and I just could not stand that any more.
Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The training process was wonderful. However, after the training I felt kind of thrown to the wolves. I think a little more mentoring or shadowing could have been done to help with the transition.
Nice Job
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 19, 2018
If you are a college student or fresh out of high school this is a great job for some one just getting in the work force. It is a call center environment.
Good place to start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 19, 2018
It was ok just need to better manage there was alot of room to grown with in the company but since it was very dis organized maybe because it was a new campaign...but it only last 2 years from when I started
If you like sales, this job is for you
Professional Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 19, 2018
I did my job to the best of my ability, and it was not good enough, as I couldn't sell additional products. I was there to be a great reservationist, and help people,
Motivating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 19, 2018
Convergys has a very welcoming environment. The employees are very encouraging. They give you the tools you need and the support you need. Very good benefits and pay including performance based bonuses.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
N/a
A fast evolving workplace
Fedex Dual Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Most of the management wants to help their people grow, you just have to put in the work and show you want to move up. The job itself can be a bit stressful, but if you take time to breathe it's nothing you can't handle.
Pros
Able to move up quickly, health benefits.
Cons
Very busy work schedule.
undervalued
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
This job truly made me feel unappreciated as an employee. They treated me with little respect. My department was held to standards that were impossible to reach, no matter how hard we worked.
If I lived closer, I never would have left
Chrysler Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 18, 2018
I loved my time working at Convergys. My job was a Chrysler customer service agent, and the work was pretty fun, in my opinion. Most calls were easy, but occasionally you'd have one that required you to dig deeper and really flex your knowledge about your job. Management was very friendly, but stayed on task, and were open with what goals and weaknesses each employee had. I never felt threatened or intimidated by my manager. Work environment was clean, organized, and secure. It was nice to have a little cafeteria with catering you could buy lunch from if you didn't bring your own or want to leave. Pay was really nice at the time, and you got full benefits working full time. I had no complaints. My only reason for leaving was that I lived 1.5 hours away and would spend around 3 hours a day alone just driving. After a full shift, that gets old quick.
Pros
Great work environment, overtime planned in advance, strict hours, benefits
Cons
Don't have any
Horrible experience and company
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Working at convergys was really really stressful. The company doesn’t give you a helpful training. Once you are “trained” they throw you to the wolves to take phone calls and for the position they expected you to type and solve and issue while the customer is complaining at you and screaming and offering you. This company doesn’t value the employees. It’s all about the customers!!!!
Pros
Cons
No breaks, calls back to back, lack of respect for employees
Convergys was a job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 18, 2018
Convergys mrico-managed their employees, they didn't give the Team Leaders the ability to run a team the way it should have been run to be successful. They didn't value their employees.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
They paid us less in our center because they could.
Decent company
Business Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Convergys was a good company to work for. It had room to grow and wanted to help you grow from within, I just didn't like the hours. They also didn't seem to have room for me to change my time.
Cons
hours
Great
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Call center environment receiving calls. This was my first job after college. The knowledge I learned here, I still use today. The importance and value of soft phone skills, building rapport over the phone, and ensuring someone you can not see that you can help them resolve their computer concerns.
Basic call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 17, 2018
This was my first job out of college and immediately I knew the company was not for me. I started to look for another job immediately after being hired.
Pros
Starter job
Cons
No career development or advancement
Temporary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 17, 2018
This was a temporary job. I did not stay very long. It is like most call center jobs where work is outsourced. Micromanaged and tiresome. I would recommend this job if you really need one.
review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Convergys was my very first job ever. At Convergys i learned to be a team player. I also learned how to handle frustrated calls and upset customers. Convergys also enhanced my typography speed.
Break Room is Best Room
ATT Employee (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYSeptember 17, 2018
I really liked working there, but there is hardly any breaks in between calls. Some employees are just plain hateful to be around and schedules take weeks to get changed. I enjoyed the break room the most.
Pros
Do Nothing all day
Cons
Can't do anything at desk
It's a call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 16, 2018
I didn't get paid enough for where I live. It was hard to go to work because management didn't care about you. And I never got moved up. There weren't many opportunities to move up. Rarely offered.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 16, 2018
It's a great place to work,but there is a lot of favoritism at this job. The coworkers that are the managers favorite are the ones that don't have to take calls and always get multiple breaks.
Pros
Hour lunches sometimes, Fun activities
Cons
limited breaks
Horrible
Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 15, 2018
Garbage company. If approached run. Training is horrible and the company is a scam. They act like they sell but they dont. I haven’t heard anyone that actually got a commission check
Pros
Cons
The company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K
44.2K
33.7K
21.5K
11.6K

See reviews about

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Convergys.

Powered by Comparably