Convergys Pay & Benefits reviews

Quick learning fun environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 9, 2018
Great environment, awesome benefits, lunch room and break room is perfect. Everyone minds their own business. You get to wear comfy clothes and sit in comfy chairs.
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 6, 2018
Revolving door. Policies are designed for high attrition rates. I believe this strategy is to keep employees from establishing stability and benefits because the company does not want to pay.
Good job but a little stressful
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2018
It is a very good job with good benefits, it can feel a little unnatural if you're not used to scripting while on phone calls. You definitely need to have a personality that can handle pressure and staying calm with hostile people.
fast pace
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
Talk to angry customers and see what made them so frustrated than fix the issue and add other services to there need. I than active listen to try and solve the problem
Pros
free lunches and prizes
Cons
short breaks and long hours
Unstable scheduling
TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2018
Some of the major Cons:

Although Convergys advertises their cooperation of schedule so an employee can balance work and family, this is not so. Convergys offers fixed and flexible schedules that you shift bid on. You may be offered a "fixed" schedule which still changes weekly. Employees are given 2 weeks of schedule in advance to manipulate the rest of your life around. All schedules change days off or start and end times of shifts, as they see fit. The shifts, shift bids and schedules make it impossible to be a college student, unless taking online courses, have a family life or plan events/vacations.

Having approved advanced vacation scheduled means nothing to Convergys. Your vacation can be canceled at any time they see fit without explanation or consideration. Employees have to take vacation or lose it. If they suddenly cancel vacation for employees, you are not notified that this has been done. You have to constantly monitor your daily schedule along with scheduled and approved vacation. Compensation is not given for vacation that expires.

The environment and conditions in some locations are toxic, unclean and hostile. The equipment including desks, phones and headsets are shared by any and all employees. Sickness outbreaks are rampant. Some necessary applications have daily issues with access and operation which hinders technical support to customers and success of required metrics on the job.

Pros:
Convergys will give you a certain amount of time, unpaid throughout the quarter without penalty under certain conditions.

Convergys does a great job getting
  more... access to training and training materials for job success.

Convergys makes room for advancement within the program you are hired for to a point. Once you quickly reach that point, advancement is non-existant. Advancement outside of program you are hired for is nearly impossible unless the program ends. Within the specific program, advancement potential can be fasttracked.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 3, 2018
This job is not for everyone. Personally, I enjoyed it more my first time there than my second (this review is based on my first time). It is very cut throat and competitive. You get yelled at a lot by customers.
Pros
Benefits and discounts; money could be made for sure.
Cons
Being yelled at, pressure to sale services to customers.
Honest opinion
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLDecember 2, 2018
First of all there is no ping pong table I have no idea why that was in this spot before I started typing. My honest opinion is it's a good place to work. Pays well better than your typical job, about $11 an hour which is definitely livable if you have no dependents other than yourself. I do want to mention that management does play favorites and if you find yourself on the wrong end of that spectrum things can get bad fast. I am one of those who sees though stuff and then tends to put a target on me because I have a tendency to speak my mind. For example: I worked as a customer service rep for just under 4 years for them, I was used as a Supervisor for one of those years.... but without a pay increase. They would have me undergo the responsibilities of management yet they would keep me at level of Agent under the guise that they are using me as a backup Sup. Yet they used me almost every day. At least 4 out of the 5 workdays each week. After a year of this I went vocal about it, the result wasn't me getting the benefits my peers took advantage of the past year but a demotion, they stopped using me as a sup because they could no longer do it free. I'm not saying its a bad place to work, just be aware of the politics that go on there.
Pros
alright pay
Cons
Office poitics, and favoritism
A great place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 29, 2018
If I had time could have learned a lot. But my time there was cut short and would love to have the job again. But due to the circumstances did not know was expected.many benefits and money.
Pros
Many benefits
Cons
To short
convergys
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  work at homeNovember 27, 2018
big on sales and cross selling products too formal had to read script . metrics were high. and pay was low benefitswere expensive and unattqinqble without giving up your paycheck,
unprofessional & unethical work environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 26, 2018
They lied about the commission rate. They lied about having set schedules. They lied about approving PTO. They micromanage to the point workers walk-out.
Inbound calls and assist clients with thier needs.
Inbound Customer Service / Sales Calls (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68164November 22, 2018
Convergys was a good company to work for. There was a lot of harmony between everyone and they ensured that everyone was having a good day. I learned a lot about the different credit cards that each of the major carriers had, this included what benefits were available for each card. Management staff always done a good job of ensuring that they praised and rewarded the employee's that were working each day. You would see management encourageing the staff that were struggling with thier quotas. The work place was very friendly and would volunteer to help you if you were not sure about understanding how to explain something to a client. The hardest part of the job was training. There, were so many credit cards and features for each. The most enjoyable part of the job was the praise and help from everyone.
I like it here
Customer Support Associate II (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 21, 2018
I like working at convergys now concentrix. I have been here a little over a year and am now in a higher roll. The people are nice management can be either good or really bad. They do give you paid breaks. 30 min lunch. There used to be a lot of awards for keeping out stats up but that changed with change of management. Other than that it's a good place to work. And I depends in what department.
Pros
Pay
The worst!
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 18, 2018
It is one of the most miserable places to work. They are so bent on phone policies that they give you a urinal dispenser for your computer so you dont have to worry about going to the bathroom on a regular basis. You get yelled at for going a few minutes past your break. Micro management is beyond horrible
Pros
Entry level pay
Cons
Terrible management, no health benefits, few positions available for advancement
Horrible work place
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 16, 2018
I would never recommend this place to anyone, they have horrible management and hours, they tell you that you are able to choose your hours, they they bid it out based on your performance, so if your good at your job you get the good hours if your not so good you get last choice.
Will not recommend
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2018
I will not recommend anyone that wants to choose normal full time working hours to work here. The pay is low and you need to have seniority in order to find a decent schedule.
Good money to those who want to work for it
Team Lead/Trainer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 13, 2018
With the largest & loudest department, we kept the lights on for the whole building. Though management was few in #, we kept collectors motivated and hungry.
Pros
Cost of living raises, unlimited overtime, cash incentives & holiday giveaways
Cons
More employees than workstations, poor manager to employee ratios
Learned a lot
Customer Service Supervisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 8, 2018
great learning experience, feel so prepared for any new management job i find! working a 40 hr work week, meeting with employees for an hour weekly, reviewing their calls, providing feedback, reprimanding if and when needed, and building great employees in the process! I learned how to properly handle irate customers and how to build employee moral.
Pros
great salary
Cons
health benefits
Na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 7, 2018
The compensation even for there longtime employees is abyssal and shameful. The lack of care and empathy. The staff is there just to do a job and you can tell
Pleasant environment,management is veey good. Good people to work with.
Credits Analyst (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 4, 2018
I am proud that i've stayed with convergys for six years. I can say that the xompany provided me with the good compensation. The line of business that i had provided big support especially the OM that I've worked with.
Thank you Convergys.
Pros
Clean facilities.huge sleeping quarters
Regular breaks. Enjoyed customer interaction
Comcast Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 2, 2018
Convergys is a good starter job for a young person but does not sit well with someone who has been employed for more than thirty years. A very repetitive job that can bog one's day down. Reasonable salary for job requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job was colleague interaction.
Cons
repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.