Convergys Employee Review

It was pretty good to me.
Sales/Problem (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 28, 2014
I was planning on staying there, and working my way up, but the convergys in Brownsville, TX closed down.

They paid alright. I was getting paid $8.50 before 7pm, and $9.50 after 7pm and on weekends. The incentives for sales arent good. It's like 3 or 4 dollars a sale.

You also accumulate paid time off FAST! About every 80 hrs you put in, you'll get 3-4 paid time off hrs. You can use them whenever you want, you just have to get permission, or put it in 2 weeks in advance. You also have Unpaid time off. You get to use, I think it was 12 hours every 6 months. And that's just given to you, so that was pretty cool.

If youre interested, go for it. It's not a bad job, unless you make it a bad job. You might get yelled at and cussed at by the customers.... but they're mad over the most ridiculous things. But it'snormally a service they're paying for, so i understood. But... there's not much you can do. I mean you just work for the company. You didn't invent the rules.

That's basically it. You just got to deal with a lot of upset people...

AND! they do have insurance benefits, 401k and medical.personal leaves. I had to get two surgeries while working there. They were very nice about it and helped me out a lot.
Pros
ok pay rate, benefits, paid time off.
Cons
irrate customers

Other Convergys Employee Reviews

Convergys
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2018
I helped employees with benefit information and where to find there important in the system. It was a very interesting job. I learn a lot about insurance and benefits.
Relaxed but underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 20, 2018
Convergys is a good job for students just getting out of high school, but not for adults with kids I dont think we are paid enough for what we have to deal with with customers and your pay raise is only by cents not dollars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K

2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight