Conversant Media Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Laid-back work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
Conversant is very laid-back and team oriented in Analytics. There is a lot of collaboration/meetings and a lot of learning opportunities. We have a flexible vacation policy and there are a lot of organized social events.
I'm there
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2018
I love it at Conversant. It is a huge company and no day is the same. The only thing is that there are many people that have been there a long time and will move up before any newbies.
Are you the future or the past
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2018
The company is very divided. Ever since the acquisition, member so of legacy business have been slowly getting pushed out. Management continues to make decisions that make it next to impossible to do business.

The company needs to realize they don't set the market needs, that's for customers to decide.
Great Team Members
SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2017
Employees overall are great! Great benefits and treated well. Loved my team and enjoyed office environment. Training was great and encouraged to always ask questions.
Challenging Culture
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2017
Work is always busy. Work life balance is a challenge with inconsistent benefits across the various companies. Management can be challenging in that they are not pushing for people to advance. Fast paced but great for those who are looking for a challenge.
great
SR. Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
great, it could of been better. Management needs direction. Work seems to be come redundant and not fulfilling after a while. Free Bagel Fridays though.
Great learning experience for someone interested in all things digital
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
Conversant provides a deep education of digital marketing and how today's digital world is creating much noise in a variety of verticals. The learning experience has been great, and the culture is very relaxing.
specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
cool technology, smart people, fun projects. limited room to advance which is why i left. overall i would recommend this company for anyone interested in digital media or technology.
Pros
bagel friday
Cons
limited advancement
fun and collaborative workplace
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed being apart of a team and having the ability to take the lead on many projects. I learned how to prioritize my own tasks and team tasks/projects as well.
One of the most rewarding aspects of the job was the opportunity to surprise and delight our clients. I enjoyed the face time I got to have directly with clients because it made for stronger work relationships and it definitely showed in the work we produced.
A very important part of my job was to make sure everyone was on the same page and all working toward the same end goals. It was imperative for me to gain the confidence of my team as well as the client in order to work toward a flawless execution.
Pros
fun and talented people to work with
Cons
promoting from within is not a forethought
Great Company Culture
Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village CaJuly 23, 2015
Great team, solving big problems. lots of talent from Google and other bay players came to the conversant team. ADS buy out wasn't good for company or team. lots of people lost jobs.
Out of date corp.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake VillageMay 22, 2015
Office need an update.
Job security is a plus with exception of duplicated departments.
Managers are respectable and always have good intentions.
Lack of work/life balance and flexibility
Media Delivery (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 13, 2015
Management does not except employee's need for work/life balance and does not provide schedule flexibility. Company offers flexible vacation schedule yet you have to beg for your vacation to be approved.
Recently acquired by ADS (Alliance Data Solutions)
Sr. Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMarch 9, 2015
Great benefits and co-workers. Cutting edge technology. SOX compliant. Multiple training systems. Awesome 401k matching program. Close to shopping and restaurants.
Benefits
Cons
Being acquired
An innovative, exciting, energetic, cool place to work
Decision Sciences Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2014
I love my job at Conversant (formerly ValueClick/Dotomi) -- it's very different from my previous research jobs in many good ways.

A typical day of work involves lots of free tea and coffee; meetings with friendly, engaging coworkers; planning sessions and discussions with my manager; a few hours of programming; and a lot of creativity and innovation.

I've learned a lot about the media/marketing/advertising industry and increased my technical skills in SQL database programming, R programming, predictive modeling, and analysis techniques.

The management here is the best I've encountered. My manager tends to be more of a coach or academic advisor than a boss, and I never feel micromanaged.

Similarly, my co-workers seem engaged, energetic, interesting, and fun -- it is a pleasure to come in to work each day to work with these friends.

The hardest part of the job are the demands to be better and faster than the competition, which is no easy task in the past paced advertising tech industry. Sometimes I may have to work overtime to keep up with projects, but because I enjoy my job I don't mind this too much.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to invent and innovate. I am happy to work on projects because I know my work will be used, not thrown away (in my previous job I worked on several projects that stalled, failed, or were canceled, and this was quite frustrating).
Pros
Innovative, exciting, energetic, smart, fast-paced company
Cons
Competitive, fast-paced
Software Engineer
Software Enginerer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 9, 2013
Great company. Good work life balance. Online Advertiser in growth industry. Great opportunities to contribute.
Great Work Life Balance for Engineers!
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Westlake VillageDecember 13, 2012
Working on the Commission Junction team I work with some really great people! I am happy to say that the people that I work with are also my friends. Management has made this one of the most agile shops in Los Angeles which allows us to go home on time :)
Pros
work life balance