Converse Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Associate Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Great work life balance
Culture was creative and helped me learn to think outside the box
The location was right in flatiron area, so many food options
Management was exceptional
Pros
cool work events
fun place to work
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2018
great culture and diversity they try to make everyone in the company fully aware of the strategy and get everyone involved. the work life balance could be better - not all groups have adopted it
Pros
free coffee
Cons
commute
Fun culture full of helpful lessons
Mail Room Technician/PR Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
I worked at the Converse NYHQ during the transition phase to the Boston HQ. I worked mostly shipping and receiving but supported all departments from PR to Tech and Design with facility and office requests. The culture was laid back and casual. I worked closely with smart responsible people and developed much of my good work habits. I did daily checks of the mailroom facilities as well as the conference rooms and communcal office spaces. I would resolve on site issues before reaching out ot vendors. Coordinated catering for meetings as well as furniture set ups including any outside vendors at their request or in my own determination as needed.
Pros
free food, free apparel
Cons
temp work status at time. not full benefits
High paced or extremely dead
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2018
Working at converse, you never know what to expect. Sometimes too many associates are scheduled at once and there aren't enough hours for everyone. The management isn't too organized. Barely any raises and no benefits unless full time (not easy to become full time).
Pros
discounts
Fun place to work for a first job
Full Time customization Maestro (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
It a great place to work in when you have the right management.Due to lack of great leadership something is always going wrong. Theres lack of communication from the leaders to the employees. Normally Promotion is based on your work ethic but sometime people in there got promoted because of favoritism from management.
excellent place to work and grow
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2018
converse is a great place to work. The atmosphere is awesome and they are ready to help you grow with the company. they have excellent benefits and very flexable with schedules.
Pros
benefits are excellent
Cons
not any
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 18, 2018
There is little to no advancement due to management being so young and inexperienced. While the discounts are great the low pay rates equates to just as much.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
Bad Management
fun work place
General Laborer/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2018
the most enjoyable part of work is my teammates we all get along come together to get the job done. we make work fun. the give you the opportunity to grow with company to better yourself the benefits are good pay is decent the company care about their employers. the only hard part of work is the 4 am start. but its a Monday through Friday and weekday you get holidays off
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 30, 2019
it's okay on a regular work day, but when you need hours they don't give you any .that was the main problem that I had with the company and the management
Pros
co workers
Cons
no hours
Good environment, low hours & lack of advancement
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Fun work environment with an amazing discount. Lack of hour and advancement opportunity. Came into the company with previous managerial experience willing to work my way up, but found out there were several other employees who have been waiting for years for an open position.
Pros
stackable discounts
Cons
lack of hours
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 11, 2018
This is my second summer working at Converse. I absolutely LOVE this job! It pays more than minimum wage, the uniform is reasonable and comfortable, the environment is great, and the managers are super cool people. It can get busy every now and then but once you get the hang of the job it's easy. I love my managers. They're people who work hard and are knowledgable of their jobs but are also chill people that want to enjoy themselves. They're a breath of fresh air compared to the typical idea of a manager. The average work day requires helping customers find clothing and shoes (usually shoes) and just making sure they have a good experience. I have learned how to enjoy going to work. I was genuinely excited to come back to this job.The discount is EPIC! The only down side to it is that the shifts are short and you don't get very many days of work unless you're a manager. The breaks aren't very long because the shifts are so short but they do make sure you get your break. It's just enough for you to relax then get back to work. This is a good side job. I highly recommend it.
Pros
GREAT management, employee discount, fun environment, comfortable uniform
Cons
short/limited shifts if you're not a manager, short breaks
Work Place
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 5, 2018
Management role, Day to day setup (banking, shipping), sales based, team work environment with associates, goal/quota based. High paced work environment to do smaller store.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Schedule
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VAAugust 3, 2018
good place to work. Very good discount at Converse and Nike. You can relocate within the company. Very good insurance and 401K. They have different option for health insurance.
Amazing organization
Garden State Plaza Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 5, 2018
10 out of 10 the organization is one of the best in the retail industry.
Company has amazing benefits
Opportunity for growth
collaborative on all levels from associates to management
Corporate takes pride in developing they're people.
They are not for the culture
Full-Time Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Honestly, I love working at Converse I just can't deal with the culture they set within my store. I truly believe a leader should lead by example and not have to "delegate" everything. A leader needs to put in the work as well.
Pros
Benefits for sure
Cons
Fast paced, fun and friendly job with some downfalls
Part Time Over Associate/Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 29, 2018
Its a fun place to work and have fun. It can be fast paced to really slow. This job is for people who love to interact with other people. I've met people from all over the world with many different stories but everything is the same, the love for Converse. Depending on your position you can receive great benefits from the company. This includes things such as health care to company discounts. Discounts range from Nike to Hurley to name a couple. The work and life balance is a little harder. Holidays and weekends are a must, you never know when you might be called in which is not a bad thing. Your schedule is not steady at all which can become tedious at times. The management hasn't been the best as of lately, I feel the work environment has become somewhat negative and unprofessional at times. But overall a good job depending on your position in the company and the attitude you bring.
Pros
Benefits and discounts. Learn how to adapt quickly
Cons
Pay rate. Unstable hours. Management at times
Great
SUPERVISOR/RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2019
Great experience with awesome leaders.
The leaders make the company what it is. I can honestly say the constant support and communication kept me for four years. The company is constantly looking for good ideas and if you follow the correct chain of command you can impact real change!
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Lead/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAApril 2, 2018
The Store vibe was great. Management gave employees the opportunity to grow. Since it was a outlet store it was a fast pace store with all the foot traffics coming in. The benefits was great!
Pros
Employee discount, health benefits, Nike stock options, 401K
Great workplace
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 2, 2018
Converse is one of the best place to be, the management team is so understanding and fun. On slower days it is boring but there is always something to keep you busy.
Amazing place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Converse is very laid back and easy job. The hours kind of suck but the pay is amazing. When I do work, its never anything stressful and I always have such an amazing time at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Converse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight