CONWAY MANOR Employee Reviews

My daily personal work experiences.
Department Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conway Manor L.L.C.June 10, 2019
I started out as a part time worker and have advanced to a department manager. I love the work I do here at Conway Manor and my emotional rewards are great on a daily basis. The residents love and appreciate every little thing we do for them. I like being able to go to sleep at night knowing that I can make a difference in some ones life.
This department is ran with the best interests of the residents at heart. Anything our department can do to enrich the lives of our residents is the ultimate priority. We are paid daily with lots of hugs and smiles from our residents. These can not be bought!!!!
The most difficult part of my job is the loss I feel when a cherished resident is called home. The loss is great but their memory lasts forever.
Pros
Personal Gratification
Cons
No cons in our department
Needs shut down
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 28, 2019
Awful Awful Awful! The building and environment needs alot of work...gazebo in courtyard is falling apart..looking out the windows is truly depressing..dirty building..Inside is just as bad..dont know what the inside of a prison looks like, but would bet alot of money that's right on target to prison...staff and administration also horrible..attitude, angry, back stabbing employees...seemed like everyone hated each other. Residents were also left to sit in their fecies for hours, in the short time I was there..I saw this several times. Worked there as PRN for a few weeks...hated every second that I was on the property...it was THAT bad! What a horrible horrible place! Also...the food they feed their residents was despicable..non edible! Sad!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Horrible. Worst place I have ever worked.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 17, 2019
Cooperate made the employees write all the good reviews on here. They went around and picked employees to write the reviews to help them attract people into coming to work there. This is a horrble, low paying job. No incentives. Management is uncaring and unreasonable. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Low pay. No incentive. Management is horrible.
Passionate group of people, making a diference in the community.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 14, 2019
Passionate group of people trying to make difference in the lives of those residents. Highly recommend if looking for growth and expertise in the field.
Nursing assistant
CNA (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 5, 2019
Conway manor is a awsome place to work at! Very nice people to work with and the residents are super sweet. Would definitely recommend this place to work!
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No brakes
Growing as a Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 4, 2019
Conway Manor is in the process of growing employees and growing as a business. They have a lot more to go as in maturing as a whole. The management there is not all that great as of now but like I said they are trying to make it better
cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 8, 2018
i think it would've been a great place to work if they were fully staffed and the reason they were not fully staffeds is because they expected to much work and not want to pay any decent money
Pros
good co workers
Cons
bad pay
I have enjoyed working here for the most part
Licensed practial nurse (Current Employee) –  Conway, SC 29527August 30, 2018
I have enjoyed working here for the most part. We are always trying to make improvements for it to be a better place to work. I have learned a lot over the years that will help me in my future. They are willing to help you learn.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Don’t care for 12 hour shifts
Horrible horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 1, 2018
The place is disgusting. It smells of aweful incontience, the nurses refused to help answer lights or do patient care. If you could see where the soiled linens go each shift, you would be disgusted. I’m surprised DHEC hasn’t shut this place down yet.
Workplace summary
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 17, 2018
Come in fill up my mop bucket so I can mop the floors. I learned that people are sweet and loving. The management makes sure you not sleeping on the job. The hardest part about the job was that pushing around the housekeeping cart. The most enjoyable part about the job is that people was just good to me and the home owners really had liked me.
I enjoyed working at Conway Manor
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCSeptember 14, 2017
My work experience at Conway Manor was rewarding. I enjoyed working with the residents and helping to make a difference for them. They listen to my point of views and recommendations.
Pros
Good working relatinship
Cons
I had to puncfh the time clock
Productive and a fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJune 9, 2017
Typical day here is taking care of the patients care. What I learned here is how to operate a hoyler lift. How to be patience. Management here is strict but fair. The workplace culture they do not discriminate. The hardest part of this job is watching patients pass away you cared for. The most enjoyable part of this job is the patients.
Pros
They work together as a team.
Cons
Break is short.
Hostile work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 28, 2017
Management is unappreciative towards employees , workers are rude, and residents allowed to verbally and physically abuse staff with no repercussions. It's always short staffed
Annual Pay raises.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 4, 2017
Understaffed, had to be my most complaint. Other than that, I enjoyed the experience. The people were very friendly and helpful. I lived nearby, sobeasu access.
Pros
Annual raises
Cons
Short breaks and understaffed.
Needs improvement...
Personal Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 2, 2017
In my opinion, this place needs improvement. It's a nursing home so you have to be mindful of the patients and there needs...When you walk in there is an odor that has been in that place for years. Makes you nauseated...They need to order a stronger cleaning agent to get rid of the odor. They are also short of staff which makes it had on all of the other workers there. It takes a lot more for some of the patients than it do for others.
Pros
Making the patients happy...
Cons
Not enough help, need to hire more staff.
Excellent management
Director of Marketing/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Conway, SC 29527March 14, 2017
The management of this facility definitely know how to manage a skilled nursing facility. They ensure that all residents and families are satisfied with the care of loved ones and constantly are looking for new innovative ways to improve the overall well being of the seniors.
Pros
Owners of company are in this business with all good intentions
Cons
Room for improvement in salaries
Very productive hard working place
Cna (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Clock in and go straight to work.I learn how to work at a fast pace.Management was not very understanding.We had different ethnic around us but it was very interesting to learn different things.The hardest part was trying to get people to show up the work.The most enjoyable part was having every other weekends off
Pros
Every other weekend off
Cons
Short breaks sometime no time to take a break
Only a place for a hard worker.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 6, 2017
Working at Conway Manor builds strength as well as character. You have to be able to work as a team and be indepent all in the same spin. Conway manor requries great time management , readines and compassion.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Compensation
dietary aid kitchen help
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCAugust 26, 2015
all the staff was very professional, but not enough hours, I only worked part time, My review is alright, Ive learned to be productive with the work area, keep the kitchen clean, There wasent really a hard thing to do, I kept the dishes cleaned according DEHEC regualations
wokring here
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 29, 2015
this was actualy my first real job at a young age. I enjoyed working with my team and seeing the little kids get excited about all the pretty clothes.