Cook's Pest Control Employee Reviews

It's a good stepping stone..
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 10, 2019
Cooks Pest Control is a good second chance job for those who need something right away. The culture is not all that and the pay is OK. Not great. It's enough for a single person but not a family.
Too much work for the pay
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN residentialJuly 10, 2019
Poor management at Memphis residential. They put a sales manager in with no sales experience and he made the job terrible. It is your responsibility to make sure the customer does not cancel...not the technicians who are doing the service. Guess what happens if the customer cancels for bad service within the first year...they take that money BACK from you. Could be up $800 from a paycheck. The prices are double the competition. There’s so much more, but if you apply, you will see.
An ok experience
Residential/Commercial Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 9, 2019
All in all it was ok. The employees were nice and the management was decent, however, the reason for my leaving is the struggle to juggle work and home life. After working an 8 to 12 hour day, I would have to come home and call customers to set up the following day appointments. The first few months I was fine with doing so, but after a while it begin to become old really fast. Also you start off making $14.42 an hour, but when you get your own route it goes from hourly to commission. So there is really no pay for the drive time (could be a five minute drive or it could be an hour and a half drive). Hourly they keep you at eight hours, but when you go to commission they don't have much concern for the hours as long as the work get done. This is not the reason I quit by no means, but also every month they take $60 ($30 every 2 weeks) out of your check for using their vehicles. Now I know its not a lot of money, but they hired ME to do the work in THEIR vehicle. Now some people may not have a problem with any of this, if so give Cooks a try!!!
Pros
Company vehicle, Freedom to manage own schedule
Cons
working after hours, Hours worked, Pay goes from hourly to commission, and takes money out of check for use of their vehicle
If you want to be stressed this is the place
Sales inspector (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 8, 2019
They bait you in with the promise of excellent work life balance it's TRUE until you become salary ! Once your salary your expected to go above and beyond with no regard for you or your personal needs I easily work 50-60 hours a week 6 days a week! But I'm not paid for any overtime or any extra days!!! They call you at all times of the day and night even after you've clocked out for the day
Good company
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 8, 2019
Great company with good benefits l. Pay is decent but it depends on how much effort you give. Decent amount of vacation days and sick days. Management is top notch
Hard work with uncaring management
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 3, 2019
The work at Cooks was difficult at times but a steady job. The management in the district that I worked did not see a work/life balance to be very important compared to the amount of work being done. No matter how much production you completed it was never enough.
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2019
Good place to work. Pay is better than most. Working outside during the summer gets very warm do remember that before you go there to work. Paid vacation and paid holidays. Good insurance and benefits.
Well managed and great culture
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2019
There will be times when the work is hard and the hours are long, but usually it's about average. The training is great. As long as you pay attention, learn what to do, and actually do the right thing, you'll be fine. Of course there are ups and downs, but that's any job.
Pros
Company vehicle, good pay, benefits, family culture
Cons
Weather, long hours during peak season
Undesirable work environment
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 6, 2019
Management is not very smart. They Constantly Lie to you. They can't make up their mind on what they want you to do. They teach you that the label is the law, but then they dont want you to abide by the label. The work is easy but you dont get paid enough to do everything they want you to do. I have reported the Tuscaloosa office to the state about the unlawful use of pesticides. DO NOT WORK HERE. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, dont pay enough for whats expected of you, management, por work environment, broke down vehicles.
No work life family life balance
Sales/Service (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 5, 2019
The manager was not loyal to the employees. The work is confined and long. My local manager we careless and only cared about himself. I would stay away
Pros
Company car provided
Cons
Terrible atmosphere
Don’t waste your time, You will not be happy!!!!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 24, 2019
Company gives costumers tou much power over the employee. Costumers control when you get paid if you don’t keep calling to get your money you may never see it. They will hype the job up when your about to start. I would much rather work hourly than make commission. Definitely a Good Ole Boy system in play here with management. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE REAL MONEY!!!
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Terrible pay. Costumer has too much power over the company..
Great place to start off after high school
Pest Control Technician/Salesman (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 16, 2019
Great place to work if you are ok with being a Technician your whole career! Great District Manager ok Branch Manager HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE supervisors on the pest control side. One supervisor does all the work! I enjoy working here but I am currently looking for another job. You can provide for your family at this job and the work is not hard at all!
Pros
Paid time off and you make your own schedule
Cons
Supervisors and room to move up in the company
N/a
Customer Service/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 13, 2019
Very stressful enviornment, espefcially management, and no opportunity for growth. Enjoyed the flexiblity of this job, plus the benefits. Just wasnt the best fit for me.
Turn over is kinda high
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  Albertville, ALMay 11, 2019
Great coworkers , fairly good management, but could use improvement , kinda stressful at times. Over all good company , but if you want to make over 35k-40k a year, you will have to put in a lot of late days and Saturdays and you will get burnt out very quickly because it’s very repetitive all day everyday!
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Pay isn’t that great for what is expected
Bullcrap
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 10, 2019
Management garbage, callbacks constantly blamed for things you often could not control. 1 out of 10 would not reccomend. I really want my 2 and a half years back
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
Long hours, working at night occasionally
Pay is terrible
Pest Tech (Former Employee) –  CullmanApril 28, 2019
They expect you to collect payments from customers if customer doesn't pay you will not be paid. They also expect you to work on call for no pay. Insurance is over 600 a month. My managers tried to help you out but they couldn't help what upper management does.
Pros
Flexible schedule
It’s ok
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALApril 23, 2019
Just didn’t have any home time. I left before the sun came up and it’s was dark when I came home. There are no annual raises at all. The only time you get a raise is when you get a route and that’s not always a possibility with them.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No home time/no raises.
Just another job
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 20, 2019
This is not a career, it is just another job. The company is full of managers, but has no leaders.

I have nothing positive to say about the company. You will work long hours, 6 days a week, and compensation will not reflect the effort you put in. They will boast about how great the benefits are, in reality they are no better or worse than any other large company.

I had intentions of listing specific examples of poor management, however, I only have limited space to leave a review. Thus to paraphrase; You will be "wined and dined", and told how great the company is. Once you are finished with the training program, the truth will be shown. You will be misled and treated like equipment rather than an employee/person. This company has an extremely high turnover rate, that in itself should tell you a lot. If the company is so great...., why do employees leave so frequently.

In conclusion, don't waste your time or efforts with Cook's Pest Control, you will regret it.
Pros
Cons
Management; Compensation; Work/life balance; Idustry itself
Not bad
COMMERCIAL PEST CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 12, 2019
They really aren't a bad company to work for. I'm sure it varies by branch, but the company itself is very supportive and gives you the tools you need to succeed. The biggest downside is that you only get paid for an account when the customer pays. That means that you could possibly perform multiple services and never even get paid for them. I would even work for them again if they would ever respond to my applications.
Pros
Independent work environment, friendly staff, easy work
Cons
Commission isn't paid on production, call night, no direct deposit
good company, poor management
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2019
fair to average great opportunities for advancement good co workers excellent opportunities had a good experience there would recommend to work there paid training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook's Pest Control. Our community is ready to answer.