Cook Children's Health Care System Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cook Children's Health Care System selected this as a representative review
Fantastic Work Experience
Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76104November 10, 2018
You can work at your own pace. The work is diversified and never boring or monotonous. Management is fantastic and very communicative. I would recommend this position to my peers.
Pros
Great Work Culture, Great Mangement, Regular Hours, Salary
Cons
N/a
Stressful and managerial corrupt work environment!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2018
Working inside the Pharmacy department for Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth, TX was a nightmare.

They are all about politics, conniving seniority, and brown nosing over the truth and hardwork provided by dedicated employees.

The Pharmacy Director, Pharmacy Supervisors and Managers made my work life a living nightmare before I was made to quit.

I was backed into a corner by upper management, ostracized by my fellow coworkers, conspired against and investigated by management because they play favorites with certain employees.

If you choose to be different (set yourself apart from work drama/cattiness) be prepared for dislikes and attacks by brown nosers in this department and what's left of your work life here to suffer as a result at this hospital.

Management's goal was to get me to quit (in which they were successful) by feeding me lies about how me resigning was better than proceeding to a hearing so to speak pertaining to my defense of mistreatment/discrimination.

Ultimately, I was made unrehireable because of my then conniving supervisors consistency/paper trail of faulty corrective (disciplinary) actions against myself.
I was even required to provide an action plan for my supervisor in order to keep my job while on vacation which was VERY STRESSFUL!!!!!!!

Explore ALL of your options thoroughly before becoming apart of this horrendous work environment.
Great Place to
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 1, 2018
I work as a seasonal employee. I have only been there 2 months. Everyone is very nice and I love working at Cook Children's! I don't feel like I am able to speak more on this company as I do not get benefits being a contract employee. However, I do not need them and would love to continue as a contract employee. The pay is great!
December 10, 2018

Thank you for helping out Cook Children's, as part of our winter plan! Your help is invaluable as we see a higher census due to flu and RSV. We are glad you are part of our team!

Was here 8yrs only left due to distance.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
WAs here 8yrs, great place to learn, teach move up the ladder if you want it. People become like family. hardest part sometimes is being overwhelmed with paperwork, patients, etc. One MA per provider, always trying to help out with other providers when needed.
Pros
Great staff, Drs, training always available if needed, Tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Short lunches at times, crazy busy
November 9, 2018

Thank you for being a Medical Assistant with Cook Children's! Our Medical Assistants are one of the keys to keeping our clinics running smoothly. We are sorry to see you go. We hope that you will consider returning to Cook Children's in the future!

Good environment for a work place
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2018
Every body is very friendly and nice place to work. You learn something new every day and good training. You will have busy days and slow days just like every other place.
Pros
Working with familys
Cons
Short break
November 9, 2018

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's Patient Registration team! You are the first face many of our patients and families, and your work is vital to providing them the best possible experience. We appreciate you!

One of the Top 100 Medical Centers
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2018
All employees are treated very fairly. It is very much a Team. You wake up and don't mind going to work. You are given opportunities for growth. The Managers are very knowledgeable and notify staff of any changes and updates. Everyone communicates well.
Pros
Everyone is friendly. You are greeted by staff you don't work with, very friendly atmosphere.
November 9, 2018

We are so glad that you wake up happy to come to work at Cook Children's! We love to hear this kind of feedback, and we appreciate your hard work. Your role is critical to keeping us organized and on task, and we want to thank you!

loved working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Staff and patient-friendly environment. I worked well with the staff. I was easily transitioned from nights to days when I had a personal situation arise. The management cared about their staff and staff ideas and input.
Pros
great benefits
September 27, 2018

Thank you for being a RN at Cook Children's! We are so glad that you were a part of our team, and we hope you return to Cook Children's soon!

Accounting Specialist- Health Plan (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Everyone is awesome, works well together. Growth opportunities, flex schedule. Great training system, classes. Tuition reimbursement is offered to those who want to go to school
Hard work! Able to train other employees.
Dietary Utility Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It is a fast paced job that requires a lot of attention to detail. I enjoyed working with other people which made it easy to get the job done. Recurring training and mentoring to help train new employees.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
No overtime.
September 27, 2018

Thank you for being a Dietary Utility Aide with Cook Children's! Your role served a vital link our Food and Nutrition service that we offer our patients. We hope you want to return in the future!

Loved every bit...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I worked for Cook first as an ER Extern, then as a nurse for a total of 7 years - I loved every bit of it. I decided to return to school for my PNP and had to leave in order to finish my last semester of NP school and now it has been difficult returning as a now PNP, even with the previous experience and work history. I loved working with the kiddos and it is great to see how much almost all employees loved it also. There is a passion for these sick kiddos and the majority of staff do what they can to help the parents be as at home as they can. Hopefully one day I can get back on board but no longer as a nurse but as a PNP. There are many opportunities to advance your career no matter what your position is. Employees are friendly and even if you don't know them, they smile at you in passing, including smiling at parents and kids. If you have to leave, just know it's not easy returning in a new position without experience, even if you have a history with them.
Pros
Based on your department, the people are wonderful to work with
Cons
Management at times can feel like they are holding you back from your potential
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your kind words about Cook Children's! We hope that you will get the chance to be a pediatric nurse practitioner with us soon!

An Encouraging Workplace & Positive Environment
Observation Student (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Everyone is always willing to help & make you more successful!
They truly care for patients and have a passion for what they are doing! Many of the staff have been there for a long time and that shows how great of a place it is to be in!
September 4, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! We are glad that you saw the passion and care we all have for our pediatric patients. Good luck with your studies! We hope that you will consider working for Cook Children's when you graduate.

PICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2018
Cook Children's was my first nursing position. I worked there throughout nursing school, and they hired me after I passed boards. The hospital is phenomenal in every aspect!!!
September 4, 2018

Thank you for being a part of our PICU nursing team at Cook Children's! You cared for our sickest and most fragile patients, and we thank you for your service! We hope that you come back to Cook Children's, soon!

great place to work
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2018
Love my job. Everything about this job is wonderful, from the people you work with to the patients. the hospital itself is clean. Food is great. Doesnt even smell like a hospital. The Disney World of hospitals
Pros
everything
Cons
low turnover so hard to get on full time
August 27, 2018

Thank you for being a Radiology Technologist with Cook Children's! We are proud that our hospital is a pleasant place to work and stay. We also appreciate all of your hard work to support our Mission.

Good Hospital
Advanced Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2018
Cook Childrens is a great hospital. It has many perks such as Starbucks, Build a bear, nice gift center. The staff are absolutely wonderful. I miss working for them.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Depends on your management team
September 4, 2018

Thank you for your work at Cook Children's! We are lucky to have Starbucks, massage therapy, and travel services for our employees. We hope that you come back to Cook Children's soon!

Great place too work , just poor management in the ER
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, very busy hospital. Just need to improve on management and people skills in ER. This hospital caters too the children like no other hospital I’ve seen . I would highly recommend this place for sick children . Best hospital ever
Pros
All kinds of employees gifts and gift cards
August 27, 2018

Thank you for working in our ER! Patient Registration is the first face our patients and families see when they come to the ER, and you play a very important role in their patient experience. We want to thank you for all that you do!

Cook Childrens Review
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
Cook Childrens has been very beneficial to my personal and professional life. It has helped position me for growth by giving me the tools needed to excel in my professional career.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for being a part of Cook Children's promise! Your work in Finance is an important part of the behind-the-scenes work that goes into caring for the children of our area.

volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2018
i did volunteer work and i lover it there i was so nice and the people were great! i did paper work for the doctors and walked any patients back to where they needed to go
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
August 6, 2018

Thank you for volunteering at Cook Children's! Our volunteers serve an important role at Cook Children's. Your donation of time and talent helps Cook Children's to offer our patients and families the best possible patient experience!

great place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2018
a very good company, great experience at cook. Great place to grow as a professional and great benefits that are offered by the company, would recommend working here.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your work at Cook Children's! As a Medical Receptionist, you provide the first contact with Cook Children's that many of our patients and families have with us. You are a vital part of our Patient Experience!

Good company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2018
This company really cares for you and your family.Excited to go to work everyday.Everything is in its proper area an will be the first hospital to take my kids when in need.
Pros
Benefits good healthcare
Cons
Dont have any its a great place
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your work with our Materials Management team! You provided a vital role in providing the correct items and supplies to our departments. We hope that your work journey brings you back to Cook Children's, soon!

Cook Children
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2018
Cook Children is a great place to work. The Culture is amazing and the staff is exceptional. The flexible work hours for a parttime job is amazing place.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for all that you do with our registration department! You are the first face many of our patients see when they come to Cook Children's, and we want to thank you for helping our patients and their families!

N/a
Director, Research Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2018
My medical director was not a very nice person. He felt superior and was very demeaning to the employees. The staff was was great to work with for the most part.
August 6, 2018

Greetings and thank you for sharing your comments. We are very sorry to hear of your experience with the Medical Director. We are equally sorry that you have decided to move on. With the limited information, we are unable to effectively investigate or research your concerns. We value all feedback and strive to improve wherever we can or where there is a need. We would love to speak with you to understand in detail your concerns. Please email us at CCemployeeRelations@cookchildrens.org to either schedule a confidential meeting or phone conversation to assist us in our efforts. Again, thank you and we look forward to connecting with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook Children's Health Care System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight