Cook County Health & Hospitals System

Cook County Health & Hospitals System Employee Review

View all Cook County Health & Hospitals System reviews

I used to love it, now I hate coming to work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  ILOctober 28, 2019
This place has the worst management. No support, unorganized and the morale at this clinic is the lowest it has ever been. No structure, no training, no room for advancement. New management has no clinical experience, is rude, mean and the morale at the clinic has decreased by 90% since her arrival. People cant stand to come to work and this affects how the patients are treated. As a therapist, I used to be able to provide my patients with quality care. Now it has turned into a numbers game where it feels like patients are being herded in like cattle. It is unethical and unfair to the patients we serve. Its a shame because this program has the potential for such greatness but it will forever be mediocre as long as there is no true leadership.

Other Cook County Health & Hospitals System Employee Reviews

The benefits and working hard
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  medical surgeryFebruary 12, 2020
What I have learned about this job you can gain a lot of knowledge and there is room to grow and it takes a team of people to save a life. Managements need a lot of improvement and people need to be heard for problems that can be improved. I also know that we not only need to be heard we,but need to work together all the time in a diverse community because it teaches us how to deal with the patient on a diverse level.
Pros
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cons
I did not finish my assignments on time when their was a shortage.
You'll survive if you have a friendly but no nonsense personality.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2020
CCHHS is no longer what it used to be when I started. It used to be a place where it was more of a family feel environment. The leadership does not care about their employees needs nor concerns. It can be a very toxic environment because of this.
Pros
Very good vacation pkg and health benefits
Cons
Leadership does not care about employees needs nor concerns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook County Health & Hospitals System. Our community is ready to answer.

Cook County Health & Hospitals System Reviews by Location