Cook County Health & Hospitals System

Cook County Health & Hospitals System Employee Reviews

You'll survive if you have a friendly but no nonsense personality.
CCHHS is no longer what it used to be when I started. It used to be a place where it was more of a family feel environment. The leadership does not care about their employees needs nor concerns. It can be a very toxic environment because of this.
Pros
Very good vacation pkg and health benefits
Cons
Leadership does not care about employees needs nor concerns
love
I love it here. It is a great place to work. The benefits are great. The atmosphere is good as well. Everyone is friendly and do not mind helping one another.
The County
Great place to learn and need to compare with non-public facilities. Diversity in staff, patient population and skills background. A perfect sound board for new grads and for the more seasonal professional can be challenging in adapting to County performances and expectations.
I enjoy the autonomy of my position
My position allows me to work remotely and autonomously and I love that. The pay is great. They are always posting new positions. Great place to retire from as they offer a great pension package. The managers I encounter are easy to work with.
Low Productivity, Morale, and Loyalty in a hostile work environment
I've never worked at a job where your direct manager encourages peer to peer conflict, gossip, lures his/her employees into water-cooler type conversation and use what they say against them in professional situations, talks about his/her staff as being "mediocre" in their profession, responds to direct questions with complete vagueness (because he/she doesn't want to be liable for anything), focuses more on him/her being right, and gets pure enjoyment in others not succeeding. Be careful not to take on every other's bad attitude due to the amount of complaints you hear from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave. Job performance or efficacy is not measured; just that you clock in on time.
Pros
my self-esteem
Cons
mandated work shifts
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Competitive
A challenging work environment however in most cases employees worked as a team. Medical Assistant role was to float between specialties. The hours at this facility can be variable with some need at times for overtime.
Challenging environment
A highly unionize environment that can be pretty challenging to the delivery of excellent customer service. A lot drive the change the culture in the health system to improve patient satisfaction.
Pros
Union environment
Cons
Service delivery.
Benefits great, culture toxic
Your work is never done here. Your manager will give you endless projects and leave you to sink and then ask more and more of you.
Your suggestions to make things better will fall on deaf ears.Your dedication to the mission and values will be scorned in favor of the almighty bottom line and productivity. Staff on the front lines at Stroger can be brilliant and inspired; they can also be rude, unhelpful and rigid to the point that you think you are working in the former Soviet Union.
Great teaching hospital
A very good environment. Experience I gained there helped me with my job performance. Gained work experience in chemistry and microbiology departments. Also worked in the Fantus Clinic outpatient. Drawing blood and testing urine specimens.
Good company to work for
Good Job to work for good hours good pay and room to grow lovable staff like home great benefits had to move out of state father wanted to come back home he was really sick
Pros
Love the job
Cons
Traffic
Corrupt & under-qualified management
Toxic workplace, management lacks professionalism. Pay and time off are good. Definitely a “favors game” on all levels.
A lot of the management have been promoted from previous positions regardless of experience and education.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment
Great work environment but no training
There was one day of organizational orientation but no department orientation, so I never really learned the ins and outs of the department. I received intermittent training during my first two weeks. There were no policy/procedure manuals to use as references. The supervisor stepped down from overseeing the department, leaving no supervisor or manager. The assistant director told me she was too busy to answer my questions when I went to her for clarity. The staff is AWESOME! Very friendly and willing to help but they had tons of work to finish and weren't able to teach me all I needed to know.

Benefits are good, no work on federal holidays. Arriving at your scheduled time and leaving at the end of your shift are very closely monitored.
Pros
Good benefits, great staff
Cons
Extremely limited parking, no real training, outdated phones and computers, management not very helpful
nice company
Like any other company Cook County has it flaws. However, I have work for this for 14years, and it has been a true ride. It is hard to move around in Cook County Health Systems.
benefits
Overall great place to work
The workplace culture is good and the benefits are great. If you get a good manager it is a overall great place to work. You have four weeks vacation your first year then five weeks every year after that that is an awesome benefit. The management helps with your work life balance for example they work your schedule out when you are in school.
Pros
tuition is paid
Cons
Hard to get promoted even with a good degree in healthcare.
Cook County Heath Hospitals is a very good place work. Fantastic benefits and working environments.
My typical day at work is easy, quiet and organized. I work diligently making sure I leave work every day satisfied with the work I do and the people I work with it.
Pros
Macromanagement
Cons
N/a
Excellent Benefits
Cook County Health Hospital Systems provide great health benefits. Cook County Healthy Hospital Systems provide a great working environment and is patient centered.
stressful work environment
Very unorganized place to work. Low Integrity. In a typical day you will have various people walk up to your desk and need you to solve issues you are not suppose to have any thing to do with because you are a government entity, but you have to if you don't the finance department will not and then you will be on credit hold by vendors and you will not be able to do your actual job they hired you for.
Pros
healthcare pension
Cons
work/life balance
Over the past 3 years management has progressively gotten worse...
Management and not following policy is the biggest problem at CCHHS. Most of the management in the Specialized Units cannot help if there is a need because they have no nursing experience in that specialty. There is no one in upper management you can voice your complaints to, because they do not care about your complaints.
The union is useless, they collect the money every paycheck, and if you need representation for a hearing, be prepared for it to be put off for a while because there are a lot of hearings at CCHHS...you will get represented eventually, its best to brown nose your representatives on your units to represent you...
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Too many hearings
Better than expected.
Basically the best place to work for in the 25 mile radius. The pay is higher than the median and the benefits are to die for. Taco Tuesdays is the absolute worst, my personal opinion, and we could do better than this.
Unfair practices
My experience is that while the patients are treated fairly to a point, there are a lot of employees that just don't care who works at the company. They do there job but with no compassion behind it. They are not there for the right reasons. And favoritism is a huge part of the culture there. The Human resource do not operate on rules and regulations set in place. Something not clearly right working at the place. The best part for me is being able to help the patients when I can. Other than that the employees there made it a extremely stressful environment to work in.
Pros
Free lunches and great benefits
Cons
Envious and nosey employees.
Great benefits
Great benefits, 100% tuition reimbursement. This company has given me a chance to make good pay and further my education. I plan to retire form this company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook County Health & Hospitals System. Our community is ready to answer.
Cook County Health & Hospitals System Reviews by Location