Cook County Health & Hospitals System

Cook County Health & Hospitals System Employee Reviews

you have to pay for parking
cook county hospital is a good place to work the benefits are good .You get 11 paid holidays.Paid vacation work 40 hours week every other weekend off.
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
some times the food not good you have to order out or go out or bring your own food
Horrible work environment and culture!! I do not recommend.
Poor excuse for a healthcare facility. In every department, management covers for their favorites and your job is constantly threatened. I even had to file a discrimination case with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. A truly horrible work environment that's not worth the benefits that can be found at a more reputable hospital.
It is very difficult to work in an enviorment were you are not respected as an employee. Your work is not taken into account by management and it is reflected by pay and limitation of growth.
Cchhs is a haven for lazy peoplee
This hospitsl will never be a grade a hospital. I have worked with alcoholics, people who work 3hrs out of an 8hr work day. People who don't answer patient calls, people who lie, cheat, and steal to maintain an ineffective work environment. Management and employees ARE OUT FOR SELF, MOST ARE THERE

FOR A PAYCHECK Patients are intentionally ignored, and nobody cares.

And patient needs are ignored.

Calls are intentionally misdirected literally do not care about serving the patients.
former employee
the benefits good cant trust management eeoc harassament workplace violence does not help they work you for pay thats not adequate the union does not fight for the medical assistants only nurses favorites among managers people do what they want no teamwork no respect
benefits
Cons
management and leadership
Leave a review. Help people like you.
We were like a family at the time I was working there however many of those people have retired like myself
Because I work there for a long long time( 35 years), it was a family-type environment for me. People worked together, it was a multidisciplinary team approach. overall I enjoyed it.
My work experience at Cook County Health was rewarding
I enjoyed my tenure at Cook County Health. The organization taught me the importance of teamwork and to hold true to the mission statement of service to all, regardless of their ability to pay. As a manager, I learned to celebrate the good employees and not focus so much on the bad employees.
Right place for me
I’m glad I chose to work in the position I have because it was right for me. It is flexible and is suited for my personality trait. I’ve been exposed to so much in a short period of time. It does have its challenges just like any other job but It’s nothing that would make me want to leave.
Overall Summary
In closing, Cook County Health was a major stepping stone with many networking and character building experiences. But the pay and hours could have been better... possibly $10.00 an hour and changing the hours for a fuller schedule.
Worse work environment
Worse than anything , horrible, dangerous, bit bitter , unnecessary politics, non professional, acrimonious, union controlled politics, a lot of hatred
Major Disappointment
Its disorganized, dirty hospital, no supplies, upper management disconnected, whatever the doctors complain about that's what changes are made with no consideration to work load or if it even makes sense. The social work profession not respected and SW's are blamed for everything. We are only as good, if we jump when the doctors say jump and if we are "yes" people. If we run into problems, it is perceived we are not doing our job, instead of maybe there are bigger issues. The culture in the hospital is terrible, no teamwork doctors will smile in your face and write a complaint about you. You can't win for losing at this place.
Diverse Company
You work with a diverse bunch of people. Not a whole lot of support from nursing staff. Great benefits. Enjoy working with this company, learning alot.
Cook county was home .
I really like this app . It’s A Stepping stone for me to get my life back on track , although I have relocated cook county health and hospital systems is still home !
I used to love it, now I hate coming to work
This place has the worst management. No support, unorganized and the morale at this clinic is the lowest it has ever been. No structure, no training, no room for advancement. New management has no clinical experience, is rude, mean and the morale at the clinic has decreased by 90% since her arrival. People cant stand to come to work and this affects how the patients are treated. As a therapist, I used to be able to provide my patients with quality care. Now it has turned into a numbers game where it feels like patients are being herded in like cattle. It is unethical and unfair to the patients we serve. Its a shame because this program has the potential for such greatness but it will forever be mediocre as long as there is no true leadership.
My job
Great job. I love working there for the last 17 years love cleaning and talking with all the patient.I really looks for new things and just ready for a new start
good benifits
working in environment with inmates on medical side can be very stressful sometimes. dealing with inmates who needs medical attention can be a task when you don't know if they are telling the truth or just trying to get out cell for free time
Great patient population for compassionate workers; Horrible staff communication; lack of collaboration; Not a progressive organization.
They refused to let me shadow others within my expertise for training. I was given incorrect and lack of information so not able to do my job to full capacity. It took 2 weeks to have access to a computer and 5 weeks to get computer training for their electronic medical record. Many people sit around and talk while a few do all the work. They are bad at budgeting. I contract and had to apply for the position once it was posted. The salary they wanted to pay was 20K less than my last job for equivalent level. The salary is for an entry level (even a little below) person but the job itself requires an advanced practitioner. The nurse coordinator has a huge ego and very condescending. The clinic nurses and medical assistants are wonderful. The residents and attendees want nothing to do with the other staff unless they need to tell you what to do. The patients are wonderful and appreciate the help. I hear employees get a 15% pension and great paid time off benefits.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
no communication
Unions run the system
As part of the management team I found it very difficult to implement rules based on the need of the business due to the unions. The unions allowed employees to be mediocre and believe that they never have to improve as a person/employee because they are protected. This only hurts the system and not help it. The system is so political that you have to be careful who you discuss issues with
including the members of your very own team.team.
Pros
Employees share of benefits
Cons
No work life balance, No room for advancement, No leadership development
A typical do included problem solving, assisting patients with transportation, community resources and insurance options. You also mustn't have a judgemental attitude as you serve clients for various communities. I continued to learn how to work with other departments and go the extra mile to achieve the best outcome.
love
I love it here. It is a great place to work. The benefits are great. The atmosphere is good as well. Everyone is friendly and do not mind helping one another.
The County
Great place to learn and need to compare with non-public facilities. Diversity in staff, patient population and skills background. A perfect sound board for new grads and for the more seasonal professional can be challenging in adapting to County performances and expectations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cook County Health & Hospitals System. Our community is ready to answer.
Cook County Health & Hospitals System Reviews by Location