Cook Medical Employee Reviews

No room for growth, Doesn't Pay Well
Global Brand Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 4, 2019
Cook does not offer any real opportunity for advancement. There is no flexibility to have flexible hours or to work remotely. Cook does not pay well according to workload or average salary commensurate to the job market.
Pros
Security
Cons
No growth or advancement opportunities, backward toward technology advancement need to be healthy. Culture does not thrive for excellence
Bad management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 15, 2019
This company has great benefits that is the top reason to work here. Management is the worst... the employees are so tired of carrying the work and burden of other people. The higher up people don’t care as to what you have issues with.
Production work with a twist
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 30, 2018
Quite sociable for a factory job, medical device assembly can be mind numbing at the best of times. Exceptional job for the self motivated. There is a lot of prerequisite training to get up to speed.
Management sucks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ellettsville, INDecember 14, 2018
Management sucks and will yell at you if you mess up even though they are the ones that trained you poorly. My trainer gave me the wrong directions on jobs and i got blamed for it later.
Pros
2 20min breaks and 1 30min lunch
Cons
Leadership sets you up for failure
Worst job i ever had
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 12, 2018
If you like drama and two faced people then cook medical is the place for you, everyone there gets the same hand book but the rules and expectations aren't the same for everyone, the management team in the cafeteria was atroushes to say the least, no communication, lack of leadership and they aren't ones to stand with you and help you, I would truly not send my worst enemy to work there and that is saying alot, I wish I had not wasted 4 yrs of my time for that company. The people and the staff are very rude both in management ,HR, security dept. And just in General. I truly would not recommend that company to anyone to work at!!!!!!!
Pros
You get your check weekly other than that no pros
Cons
Everything from the time you walk in the door till you go home. Not a good company to work for.
Long term management little iniative
Controller (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 8, 2018
Very top down. If idea doesn't come from top it is not valued. Little or no communication of business comes from above only edicts. Did not learn very much while working at Cook. Mostly run as a 60's organization keeping employees in dark and managing from gut
Productive work enviroment
Team Leader, Post Sterilization Services (Current Employee) –  Ellettsville, INDecember 2, 2018
The work environment was a busy one that pushes out large quantities of product every single day. The company motto is "quality product in a timely manner" where they put a ton of work into ensuring the quality of their product is of the highest.
Productive and positive environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2018
Cook was a very friendly and positive environment that I enjoyed. You worked at your own pace and everyone was very understanding if you didn’t catch on right away
Great experience at Cook Medical
Assembler (Former Employee) –  4900 Bethania Station RdNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed learning new techniques and skills at Cook Medical, the work was tedious yet interesting and I want to go back there again for the summer! The food was decent and we had good breaks.
Pros
Decent pay, decent food, access to gym on the property
Cons
My recent supervisor wasn’t the nicest and treated her employees poorly
It varies from department to department
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 18, 2018
It has a very classic southern Indiana family own business style of managing.

Recently, after the restructuring of certain department, things just went south.
Not for those who want to advance
Quality and Assembly (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 15, 2018
The culture is oppressive and controlling. In my area I was timed when I went to the restroom, or when I was in the gowning room. Management played favorites and made that clear. The only highlight is the benefits and the clean facility. This role is one that I would recommend to only those who don't like work or and need micromanaged.
Benefits
Cons
oppressive culture
It's all about if your in the "click" of the managers and current supervisor.
Several Positions (Former Employee) –  Ellettsville, IN, Bloomington IndianaOctober 23, 2018
Management is terrible, can make up any documents needed to make you look bad or for termination. Human resources is a joke if you have an issue with management they go straight to that management member there is no safety. I wasted twenty three years of my life there. Your just a number unless your one of the "chosen" then you can run up hours,do drugs,get arrested, get into fights with no disciplinary actions taken. There's better places to work, don't waste your time and life like I did.
Pros
Overtime, 401k, insurance, steady work, benefits
Cons
Terrible management, termination for any reason, socially based not work based
productive and strict
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 22, 2018
it was very productive but very strict. same routine every day and same out come every. Make sure everything was done in a timely manner and follow procedures. hardly no room for error but I truly did enjoy what I did
Not a bad place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 14, 2018
I have been with Cook for 10 months and have asked to be cross trained several times and have not been yet. We have to walk from the very back to the cafeteria in another building in only 30 minutes.
Pros
Crt checks
Cons
Having to walk all the way from the back gowning room to the cafeteria in 30 inutes
Great Place Low Pay
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 27, 2018
I really enjoy working with the Team I am on. I just don't like the idea that I am doing the same job as them and not getting paid better. They are all Salary paid and I am hourly. The only differences are that they have a degree and different Title. I do everything that they do but just because I don't have the piece of paper that they do I get a SIGNIFICANTLY lower pay rate.
Pros
Good Work Environment, cheap food, gym
Cons
pay sucks, not much chance for advancement
good company to work for. Pay is not that great
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
company is a good place to start if you want to break into the Med Device industry. Pay is pretty low overall compared to other industry standards. Company culture is the best I've seen thus far and I would recommend a career here.
Good Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PASeptember 10, 2018
Cook Medical is a wonderful place to work, everybody is friendly and the job is very easy. I’m happy with the time I spent at cook and if I could ever go back, I would.
No advancement all jobs pay the same
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 5, 2018
Low pay low pay. Low pay no advancement the only w as u to make more money is time on the job. Bosses have there favorites and they do as they please.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Everything else
Good training in medical products and changes in industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with the customers. It was exciting to be in the healthcare field and be in a position to help people.
Pros
Beautiful work environs, the best of office equipment
Great people to work for
Line lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 24, 2018
Due to injury in left arm my limits of lifting anything above 15lbs I had to retire. I did not want to but for my own health reasons I felt like I needed to .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough time for lunches