Cook Medical Employee Reviews

Productive work enviroment
Team Leader, Post Sterilization Services (Current Employee) –  Ellettsville, INDecember 2, 2018
The work environment was a busy one that pushes out large quantities of product every single day. The company motto is "quality product in a timely manner" where they put a ton of work into ensuring the quality of their product is of the highest.
Productive and positive environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2018
Cook was a very friendly and positive environment that I enjoyed. You worked at your own pace and everyone was very understanding if you didn’t catch on right away
Great experience at Cook Medical
Assembler (Former Employee) –  4900 Bethania Station RdNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed learning new techniques and skills at Cook Medical, the work was tedious yet interesting and I want to go back there again for the summer! The food was decent and we had good breaks.
Pros
Decent pay, decent food, access to gym on the property
Cons
My recent supervisor wasn’t the nicest and treated her employees poorly
It varies from department to department
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 18, 2018
It has a very classic southern Indiana family own business style of managing.

Recently, after the restructuring of certain department, things just went south.
Not for those who want to advance
Quality and Assembly (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 15, 2018
The culture is oppressive and controlling. In my area I was timed when I went to the restroom, or when I was in the gowning room. Management played favorites and made that clear. The only highlight is the benefits and the clean facility. This role is one that I would recommend to only those who don't like work or and need micromanaged.
Benefits
Cons
oppressive culture
It's all about if your in the "click" of the managers and current supervisor.
Several Positions (Former Employee) –  Ellettsville, IN, Bloomington IndianaOctober 23, 2018
Management is terrible, can make up any documents needed to make you look bad or for termination. Human resources is a joke if you have an issue with management they go straight to that management member there is no safety. I wasted twenty three years of my life there. Your just a number unless your one of the "chosen" then you can run up hours,do drugs,get arrested, get into fights with no disciplinary actions taken. There's better places to work, don't waste your time and life like I did.
Pros
Overtime, 401k, insurance, steady work, benefits
Cons
Terrible management, termination for any reason, socially based not work based
productive and strict
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 22, 2018
it was very productive but very strict. same routine every day and same out come every. Make sure everything was done in a timely manner and follow procedures. hardly no room for error but I truly did enjoy what I did
Not a bad place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 14, 2018
I have been with Cook for 10 months and have asked to be cross trained several times and have not been yet. We have to walk from the very back to the cafeteria in another building in only 30 minutes.
Pros
Crt checks
Cons
Having to walk all the way from the back gowning room to the cafeteria in 30 inutes
Great Place Low Pay
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 27, 2018
I really enjoy working with the Team I am on. I just don't like the idea that I am doing the same job as them and not getting paid better. They are all Salary paid and I am hourly. The only differences are that they have a degree and different Title. I do everything that they do but just because I don't have the piece of paper that they do I get a SIGNIFICANTLY lower pay rate.
Pros
Good Work Environment, cheap food, gym
Cons
pay sucks, not much chance for advancement
good company to work for. Pay is not that great
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
company is a good place to start if you want to break into the Med Device industry. Pay is pretty low overall compared to other industry standards. Company culture is the best I've seen thus far and I would recommend a career here.
Good Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PASeptember 10, 2018
Cook Medical is a wonderful place to work, everybody is friendly and the job is very easy. I’m happy with the time I spent at cook and if I could ever go back, I would.
No advancement all jobs pay the same
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 5, 2018
Low pay low pay. Low pay no advancement the only w as u to make more money is time on the job. Bosses have there favorites and they do as they please.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Everything else
Good training in medical products and changes in industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with the customers. It was exciting to be in the healthcare field and be in a position to help people.
Pros
Beautiful work environs, the best of office equipment
Great people to work for
Line lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 24, 2018
Due to injury in left arm my limits of lifting anything above 15lbs I had to retire. I did not want to but for my own health reasons I felt like I needed to .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough time for lunches
Amazing!
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 22, 2018
This was the most amazing experience I could have asked for. I was only there for 12 weeks, but they were the most amazing 12 weeks of my life. I definitely would like to go back and work for them after graduation.
Good private medical device company
Business System Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INAugust 1, 2018
Interned there for about a year. People in the company are really nice. The management is not as good as I expected. Not a fast-paced company but good work-life balance.
It can be a stressful environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INJuly 25, 2018
It came to the point after almost 17 yrs of hard work the pay and management is the reason I left. I basically was doing my supervisors job for no extra money . When it comes to people working hard and can not move up in the company because they aren't well known to be polite that's when something is wrong.
Pros
I had insurance
Cons
It's hard to move up in the company unless your well known and not because your a hard worker
Bad leadership poor pay
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 24, 2018
They are the lowest paying medical company around. Management plays favorites. The only way to advance in the company is to know someone. Upper management only cares about the quantity of products that go out not quality.
Urology District Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 17, 2018
long hours, not much reward for work. would have been better if they provided better training for success. appreciated all the people i met and worked with.
Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2018
It is still a great experience that started around 2008. Working in IT is a challenging and rewarding journey. Everyone who is willing to do the "best" for the company is being noticed. A great place to work!
Pros
many
Cons
near none