Cook Medical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PASeptember 10, 2018
Cook Medical is a wonderful place to work, everybody is friendly and the job is very easy. I’m happy with the time I spent at cook and if I could ever go back, I would.
No advancement all jobs pay the same
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 5, 2018
Low pay low pay. Low pay no advancement the only w as u to make more money is time on the job. Bosses have there favorites and they do as they please.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Everything else
Great people to work for
Line lead (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 24, 2018
Due to injury in left arm my limits of lifting anything above 15lbs I had to retire. I did not want to but for my own health reasons I felt like I needed to .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough time for lunches
Amazing!
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 22, 2018
This was the most amazing experience I could have asked for. I was only there for 12 weeks, but they were the most amazing 12 weeks of my life. I definitely would like to go back and work for them after graduation.
Good private medical device company
Business System Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INAugust 1, 2018
Interned there for about a year. People in the company are really nice. The management is not as good as I expected. Not a fast-paced company but good work-life balance.
It can be a stressful environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INJuly 25, 2018
It came to the point after almost 17 yrs of hard work the pay and management is the reason I left. I basically was doing my supervisors job for no extra money . When it comes to people working hard and can not move up in the company because they aren't well known to be polite that's when something is wrong.
Pros
I had insurance
Cons
It's hard to move up in the company unless your well known and not because your a hard worker
Bad leadership poor pay
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 24, 2018
They are the lowest paying medical company around. Management plays favorites. The only way to advance in the company is to know someone. Upper management only cares about the quantity of products that go out not quality.
Urology District Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 17, 2018
long hours, not much reward for work. would have been better if they provided better training for success. appreciated all the people i met and worked with.
Linux Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2018
It is still a great experience that started around 2008. Working in IT is a challenging and rewarding journey. Everyone who is willing to do the "best" for the company is being noticed. A great place to work!
Pros
many
Cons
near none
Not keeping up on competitive pay
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Spencer, INJune 24, 2018
People at cook are nice, but they start you out at $10.60/hr and that is just not keeping up with other companies. There are people who have been working there almost 4 years only making $12.05. Even working at Walmart pays better. The benefits are good, but if you take advantage of them, don't expect to be taking home an income that you can live on.
Pros
Nice people, good benefits
Cons
Low pay, repetitive work, sitting all day

Want to know more about Cook Medical?

Ask a question
Job Security and friendly place
R&D Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 22, 2018
Cook has great employee work ethics. open door policy. Friendly place to work. Has workout place. But short on staff. Insufficient training and grow within.
Pros
Free workout place
Cons
insufficient training
Easy job but not a for you if you want a career!
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 18, 2018
I have worked for them for 7 months and I hate it. You do the same thing with a temp agency except you sit down at a table for 8 to 10 hours a day. You literally do one thing all 8 or 10 hours a day and that will be the only thing you do for years. Management just brushes you off mostly and most of them can't answer half of your questions. PTO is not yours, it's really there's because they can deny it whenever. You only get a set amount of time to use a year which doesn't equal even a month out which includes your vacation, sick and regular PTO. Slow money, with no overtime and you only get 5 holidays a year off and you have to make them up at the end of the week. If you just need a job to get change in your pocket weekly this is the place. I plan to leave sooner than later, everyone I've met since being there has quit 3 weeks in.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Point system for using PTO, Benefits, Management is clueless
Compensation and Advancement
Pod Leader, Post-Sterilization Services (Current Employee) –  Ellettsville, INJune 13, 2018
Compensation is not competitive with other comparable manufacturing companies as is opportunity for advancement, even with multiple degrees.

Fourteen interviews during the 6 years with this company without success. This is definitely a "good ole boy" network (unless you have an engineering degree).
repetitive
PQC (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INJune 8, 2018
I felt like I was doing the same thing every day, It was like I was on autopilot. I do not recommend working for this specific company. the uniform is probably the worst part.
Fun and flexible enviroment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monroe County, INJune 4, 2018
One of the best companies i have worked at.
i have learned a lot in this company, i love the environment and how flexible the supervisors are. i would definitely like to work at it again.
Overall it's not a bad place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 29, 2018
I've learned that there are going to be many changes within the company on a daily basis and I have to accept those changes as they come. Learn how to deal with them. Management has surely changed in the 31 yrs of employment at Cook, but there are a lot more changes that need to be addressed.

The job is not really hard it's just dealing with your surroundings and adjusting to all types of personalities. The best part of the job is knowing that I'm building products that are going to save someones life.
Pros
Free fitness Center to use
Cons
Changing Shoes
Comfortable environment.
PACKAGING QA (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INMay 27, 2018
A good place to work and most of the employees and managers are easy to deal with. I felt a desire to temporary help a family member and relocate to Michigan.
Like high school all over again.
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Spencer, INMay 8, 2018
Immature people, cutthroat culture, disorganization on the part of management, low pay for the type of work involved. Benefits are very good, but outweighed by the negatives.
Conservative good place to work
Graphic Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 26, 2018
This is a good place to work, once they get everything together from merging business units together. There seems to be no one leader who can command the troops and take a solid leadership role.
Pros
cafeteria, exercise facility
Cons
satellite parking lot, shuttle to building, long days with no work
It was a good company to work for. Could pay employees more.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 7, 2018
The company could pay employees more per hour than they do for what they do.
They do financial background checks on people to get hired. The company never closes, Monday through Friday.
Pros
Benefits, full time work, paid every week.
Cons
Pay is a little low for what is done.