Cook Out Restaurants Employee Reviews

Wouldn't know
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 16, 2019
I got hired on the spot .. Super excited & ready to work .. I had to buy my background check which was $20 even tho I was told it was $10. Then after I turned it in I never received my hours. Each time I went up there to get them the manager would tell me to expect a phone call that night but never did call. A waste of $20 & my time.
Management sucks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSSeptember 11, 2019
Management is horrible. They didn't pay me what everyone else was paid even though I was there longer and worked harder than anyone else there. I was always paid less.
Ready to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2019
I'm always ready to work. Work as long as I can dependable and working hours always good to work with others never mind or angry just ready to get the day done easy to work with
Not worth the money
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2019
They pay really well for a restaurant job, but at +60/hr work weeks it's just not worth the money. 12-14/hr days with no real breaks it's really hard on the body. And if you do the math the money/hour is really low. It's also not like most restaurant management positions. You have to manage from the fryer or from the grill. If you're 19 y/o and don't have a family or any life outside of work then you might like it at Cook Out.
Work you like a dog
BB (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 20, 2019
Work you like a dog for peanuts. This place is awful. Store manager is a pretty mean dude, smiling one second and flipping out the next. I do not reccomend cookout.
Nice job to have but the wrong person was running the store.
Fry station (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2019
I was charged for more food and I ate through the week management was just poor general manager at that. I worked along with some great people until I noticed I was being charged for more food than what was supposed to be charged to my time card. But overall if they wasn't taken money from for food we haven't ate I would still be there
I Would Never Go Back
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 15, 2019
The only good part about the job were only 2 of the managers there. One of them got moved away to another store and the only other good one there ended up leaving. The GM didn't know anything and she ended up leaving right after the last manager. She didn't do anything and paid the workers who were already there less than the people who would just get hired and we would have to train them. So, basically, we were making less than the people we were training. Then the upper management was horrible because they only took the side of the GM even when they knew she was wrong. It's sexist and racist if you ask me. It's not about what you know, but who you know. I was on break when the last good manager left and I never came back after finding out she was gone.
Perfecto
Cosinero (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2019
Yo cocino con pasion. Yo dejo que mi trabajo able por mi ......................por eso siempre Dios siempre me vendise .Y a cada uno de nosotros ...
Fun high school/college job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2019
Be prepared to work hard and be under pressure. Some managers show favoritism and give raises to certain people. They are great at giving hours I’ll admit, but the pay rate won’t change.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Very productive and easy going workplace.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2019
It was easy going. Fast paced restaurant but nothing that I couldn't handle. I also loved the fact that it was always something to do. Co-workers were friendly as well.
Great Place
Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2019
As a manager for Cookout restaurants I learned the importance of teamwork and work ethic. Cookout is a great place to learn the strict standards of the restaurant industry.
Corrupt
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 21, 2019
The money is great but that’s how they trap you. You won’t find a better paying job, for management at least. It’s long days and long nights all holidays are mandatory. They expect you to sell your sole for them to make a dollar.
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJuly 19, 2019
The job was great but i had lords of responsibilities o had to minced on to something different. Take care of customers treat them right give them what they all for.. Make your job hours you want it to be but do great at it.
Dont work here
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 18, 2019
Management is the worst. Got screwed out of my "promised" bonus because they chose to spend more time training their favorite people. DM was highly unprofessional and rude constantly. Worst job I've ever had.
You get what you put into your working day
GM (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCJuly 12, 2019
Working at cookout is rewarding simply because you control all aspects of the unit you are running and can carve out whatever culture you seem best to fulfill your sales goal.
No quality of life.
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 9, 2019
While we are paid quite well, there is no balance of work/home life. You work 60+ hours a week. Week days they are open until 3:30am and weekends 4:30. So if you’re schedule to close you don’t get out until 5am-6am and then if your scheduled multiple closes in a row you have to be back that very same day at 4:30 pm. When you’re hired they tell you, you’ll immediately be put on salary, which is also not true. They feed you how wonderful it is to work there but, they are constantly understaffed and managers are always running position.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Understaffed, no quality of life. Horrible DM, staff has no respect for management.
Respectable, fair, but slightly stressful
Cookout Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJuly 7, 2019
Cookout was my first job and I have no complaints. Managers are strict but fair. Managers and co-workers are respectful, especially to new-comers. Like all fast-food restaurants, work can get intense and stressful when an excessive amount of customers come in. When overwhelmed with customers, I was assisted by another co-worker. Working there was a good experience and I do recommend it.
Fast paced and Stressful Environment
Cashier / Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 2, 2019
The Cookout I worked at had very poor management. The management I worked with very obviously favored certain employees over others. One in particular would single you out and share personal information about you to others in the staff. Or talk about you to other employees.
It was also a very stressful place to work. Learning the cash register was fairly easy, but they have a time limit of how fast you should be running the register combined with limited staff.
It would've made the job more efficient if we had been trained to use headsets instead of taking orders though a tiny machine that you couldn't hear anything through.
Stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 29, 2019
During my 4 months here, we had three managers and twelve employees quit. The more experienced of the employees are very prideful, and unwilling to admit that they made a mistake, blaming it on the less experienced employees .You are expected to know how to run essentially the enitre store within one month of working there. The managers prioritize speed over quality of food. I would not recommend working here if it's your first job or if you have no experience in the fast food industry.
Pros
Free drinks; half price food; easy to get a raise
Cons
Poor management; expectations too high
Good place to start a work career
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 24, 2019
The time I spent at cookout, I feel, has really prepared me for almost any type of work, especially in cashier/customer service. It gave long, hard hours and close experience with customers.