Cooley Dickinson Health Care

Cooley Dickinson Health Care Employee Reviews

United States126 reviews

dickinsonhospitalpatientdepartmentsupportroomstaffcare

Great coworkers

Coworkers make it a Nice place to work. Short staffed like anywhere in healthcare right now. Great pay if you have experience. Benefits are average...

Supportive and Respectful

Management and coworkers are easy to work with. Overall community is helpful and positive. Benefits are above average and low cost. Hourly pay is modest, I would recommend this job for someone looking for a structured low stress job.

Cooley Dickinson Health Care insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor management makes it impossible to want to stay here

Hostile work environment. Management does not help you - in fact, they're the ones causing the problems. Nepotism and favoritism makes it impossible to feel appreciated. Severely underpaid. High turnover rate.

Not professional

This company will lie about what’s expected and try to under pay you for your job and get you to do more on the floor then what you’re supposed to do. All management are fake as well they’ll blame stuff on you and do anything to not be the ones at fault

One of the better hospital environments during these times

Very good people to work with and the hospital is growing and improving. I work on a brand new unit with a great setup for patients and staff. Most of the issues I have stem from the downfall of the healthcare system and not the fault of the hospital itself.

Would not recommend

No support from management. They will push you until you’re completely burnt out. Low staffing, low pay, lack of care and respect for employees. However, there are many great peers around the hospital that are very respectful and work hard. Would not recommend working here unless you don’t want to have a life outside of work

Fast paced, low staffing

Minimum staffing, very busy, pay could be better. Management is supportive of staff, good pto. Benefits not great. Only hospital system healthcare plan.

Great benefits and pay, poor management, poor flexibility, overworked and burnt out

I work as a floor nurse (med surg) so I cant speak for other departments. Management is awful, constantly leaving you understaffed. Supervisors will get in trouble for overstaffing. On med surg units you'll always have 6-7 patients, lucky to have CNAs. Management doesn't care and won't help, even if you get stuck with 8 patients. I love my coworkers on night shift, they are great. Good benefits that aren't too expensive, except for PTO being very problematic. We're supposed to get 6 weeks PTO, but I have only been able to get two weeks in total for the year approved. They give old nurses seniority and won't let more than one person take time off at once. I am completely burnt out. There is one scheduler for the ENTIRE HOSPITAL. It makes requesting anything off impossible. In addition, they schedule you out 2.5 months in advance. So if an event comes up in your life, you have to know months ahead of time as you can't request time off after the schedule is made. Don't count on per diems covering because there's maybe 2 or 3. I would suggest looking elsewhere for employment, or at least stay away from being a floor nurse.

Just Ok

Felt management could do better at recognizing hard workers. No real room for advancement unless in good with managers and their favorites. Work life balance not too bad.

The health care benefits.

The health benefits are really good. There is ZERO support from management & they make all kinds of promises to help and literally follow through with absolutely nothing. The burnout is bad. Completely overworked and short staffed. The expect you to work your butt off for terrible pay & do not care whatsoever if it’s effecting your mental health. Also there’s no room for advancement & they do not give raises! You’re always replaceable even if you are an incredible worker! The only think that’s kept me there is one of my teammates. And don’t expect any help from anyone including the nurses who sit and do triage. No teamwork whatsoever

Pros

I love the providers I work with! They are also Whats kept me there

Cons

We get a lunch break fir 30 minutes that always gets interrupted. I’m throughly exhausted

Wonderful people to work with

I loved working here many years ago. My coworkers were supportive and many friendships were made here. Management was approachable and actually listened. The company is inclusive to all and are very open-minded. The pay is some of the best in the country for the profession. Highly recommend working here or coming as a patient.

Pros

Supportive, ability to move up, pay

Cons

None. I only left because I moved.

Management does not treat staff equally

Management unprofessionalDiscusses fellow staff member information with other staff members .Never followed through with support when needed.Rules for time off differ from other departments.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

No management support

Productive and good colleagues

I enjoyed working at Cooley Dickinson; I was offered advancement, there was flexibility as I have children, and I enjoyed my team. I enjoyed going in each day.

Pros

Flexibility

Benefits

Understaffed Environment

The job was straightforward and anyone can do it, but dept is very understaffed. Can be stressful at times trying to get everything done before the meal service.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Low Pay, Understaffed

CDH is a great place to work, aside from the lack of flexibility offered for my current position. They offer excellent benefits and perks that cannot be beat! Overall, a wonderful community culture working here and abundant support from my manager to succeed.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of flexibility in hours/work place

Simple straightforward workplace

The work is not very difficult and the only time it is stressful is when you have to page a medical code on the over head speaker. Other than that the managers are nice and flexible and its a great place to work.

great place to work

Great benefits. Immediate co-workers are supportive and hard working. Lots of in house educational opportunities and exposure to other aspects of the hospital

Pros

great co-workers. supportive upper management

Cons

negative attitudes of some workers. always complaining about something

Run away... run, save yourself

Worst run place I’ve ever worked. Unclear management. High turn over. Unclear structure. Work harassment not taken seriously..don’t care about their employees and it shows

ED department terrible

Watch your license in the emergency department. Consistently understaffed with all staff, RN - Techs. Patient load unmanageable and dangerous for nurses often taking 2 assignments because of staffing issues. Acute psych is a major problem and violence to staff is rampant. Often no lunch breaks or breaks.

Pros

every 3rd weekend

Cons

dangerous environment for nurses. Violence towards staff

Very Good Experience Overall

Outside of the usual other employees that seem to think they are supervisors and don't mind their own business, my super. and mgr.were good leaders.

Pros

They really try to do a lot for their employees.

Cons

Unprofessional coworkers need to be addressed by mgmt.

Toxic workplace environment paired with incompetent management made this job unbearable.

Working in the food service department at Cooley Dickinson was one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. Trust me, you do not want to work here. The way this department is run is downright embarrassing.

Pros

Fast paced work environment

Cons

Extremely poor management, Stressful, often found myself doing more than my job description, toxic work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooley Dickinson Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits