Cooley Dickinson Health Care Employee Reviews

Easy and Relaxed Job
Coffee Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I learned what it means to produce quality customer service while often (and spontaneously) performing behind the scenes with next-day meal prep, counting money at the end of each shift and more. Management was very easy to work with and compromised with schedules. The atmosphere was light as was used as a way to showcase how to interact with customers that may be in situations much less than ours. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes filled with drinks and food. The most enjoyable part was the people who were employed beside me.
No Review
SYSTEMS ENGINEER II (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MA 01061February 7, 2019
Indeed should inquire with Cooley Dickinson; I did not sign up to provide detailed information concerning my previous employer nor do I feel this is an ethical request.

I will only state that I enjoyed working at Cooley Dickinson.
Pros
Professional Environment
good place to work
Clinical Pharmacy Manager (operations) (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MANovember 29, 2018
Great rapport with hilltown ambulance services. Wonderful location. Hospital is well respected by the community. Affiliated with Mass General Hospital for cancer treatment.
Good but not great.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Hatfield, MANovember 14, 2018
Cooley is a decent place to work. The environment and your coworkers will greatly effect how much you enjoy your job. Do not expect to be promoted or waste time requesting a pay raise.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Hight turnover for receptionists and no career advancement.
Productive and always busy.
RIS/PACS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MANovember 2, 2018
I can in to start a project to install a new RIS and PACS system. Worked with IT and the line supervisors in Radiology to build, test, and install the systems. Over the years it was a constant retest and install upgrades, training new people (techs, radiologist and doctors), adding new modalities, troubleshooting, and learning HL7, DICOM, and billing codes.
Pros
I was basically free to do what I needed to do.
Cons
Not having trained support staff and constantly training new people was a chore.
Temporary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 3, 2018
A good place to work. Work was detailed and interesting. Management was collaborative and helpful even as a temp. Nice to have a cafeteria in the facility.
Productive and Fast paces
Patient Access Coordinator/Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MASeptember 18, 2018
Great hospital to work for. Even when management changed. Communication was open and always respectful. I was per diem and my schedule was worked with my full time employment and full time schooling. It’s fast paced and definitely a place if employment for learning.
good company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAAugust 29, 2018
my typical day was boring, the job sucked. management sucked, they lie to you. tell you one thing and turn around tell you another thing. hardest part was all the lies. the only enjoyable part was my patients.
ETO, 403B, friendly coworkers and management.
Telecommuter Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJuly 14, 2018
Worked at home, flexibility of hours as long as working required amount of hours a week. Everyday you learned something new in the medical field, such as new diagnoses, new medications, etc.
People in the workplace were very nice and had positive attitudes.
The hardest part of the job was when new foreign dictators were employed and I had to learn their dialects. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all of these new things in the transcription medical field.
Pros
Flexible hours, earned time off, medical benefits, and retirement benefits.
Cons
Only con was travel to the CDH 15 miles away when required.
Cooley Dickinson Hospital Laboratory
MLT Clinical Practicum (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJuly 5, 2018
Cooley Dickinson Hospital Laboratory is a wonderful working environment. The departments operate separately on a daily basis but still communicate and gather together for meetings regularly. Each department has its own feel and style, but overall the culture of the entire lab is positive and accepting.
Summary
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJuly 2, 2018
A day at Cooley Dickinson was, as expected, busy. My team was responsible for walk-in patients as well as drawing blood in all departments when needed. This included the ER, birthing center, surgery, oncology, and endoscopy. It was a challenging and fulfilling job and I liked working there. Only reason I left was not enough hours.

Learned a lot about cultural diversity and working with more children than in previous jobs.

Management was responsive and interested in our ideas to improve customer service.

Our team was very supportive of one another.

Hardest thing was uncooperative patients. Didn't happen often, but was not the best part of the job.

Enjoyed the "team spirit"
Pros
Cooperative co-workers and bosses
Cons
Not enough hours
The Radiology Department is a great place to work.
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJune 13, 2018
My work was appreciated.
Flexible with work schedule.
Loved the company-wide emails keeping employees informed on what was happening within the hospital.
Go-live support
Ambulatory Epic Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 12, 2018
helping end user for their EMR system on a daily base after their training. Helping with work flow. Helping issue ticket for any technical issue that could not be resolved in office
Pros
travel
Great depending who you work for
Central Registration Co-Ordintor (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAJune 11, 2018
Great depending who you work for. I loved my department. My supervisor was great, she stood up for our department and always tried to make sure we had the tools needed to do our job
Cooley
Food service assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAMay 6, 2018
I did not enjoy working here due to the stressful environment and the management . Was not given very good hours. The pay was very good but the job itself was very stressful
Great Patient Care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAApril 16, 2018
Makes customer care their number one goal. Friendly co workers and supervisors. I enjoyed my time here. Very friendly atmosphere to work. I would recommend working here to a friend.
productivce and fun place to work
BILLING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAApril 9, 2018
Nice place to work. good benefit and great work culture. Location was good. Being on campus with the Hospital was also beneficial and more fun to work.
Pros
Good Benefits and Gym on site
Cons
Micro management
very nice place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed every day working at the hospital until I got laid off. Went through a few people in management.Now at present time I would not recommend anyone to work their unless they were a nurse.
Pros
developed life long relationships
Cons
no breaks
Fast - paced , excellent environment
Medical Receptionist - 8 Doctors (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAMarch 21, 2018
Answer all Incoming/Outgoing phones, Transfer incoming calls, gave messages to appropriate staff, File and organize charts for day of and next day patients, Synchronizing PCF (patient care forms) with Patient payments to process, Patients payments, Demographics, Made/Cancelled/Updated patient appointments, Insurance processing, Referrals up to date, etc.

Hardest Part of the job would be sometimes locating patient medical records.

Most enjoyable part of the job was everything.
Pros
Fast-paced, great environment, great staff.
Cons
laid-off
it was a job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 27, 2018
it was a job. boss and hr would not help me out. Co-workers are self center and don't work as a team, or help others when needed. managers and department heads care more about numbers then they do about people, and definitely do not take any advise or tips for help.
Pros
its a job
Cons
to many to stay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooley Dickinson Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Cooley Dickinson Health Care Reviews by Location