Cooley LLP Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Legal Assistant - Corporate and Real Estate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2019
Cooley is the most positive and rewarding places I have worked. The extraordinary culture is truly what makes it a great place to work along with the attorneys and staff.
Pros
Monthly Socials; positive work atmosphere
Interesting work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2019
The attorneys were very professional and well-established in their fields. They provided a range of services to clients and provided very high quality work.
Cooley
Litigation Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2019
Cooley is an amazing place to work. The company itself really puts the employees first and has great benefits. I however need to be busy throughout my day and I do not seem to have enough work to keep me busy.
Nice place to work
Office IS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2019
I always had something to do. Learned a lot on the admin side of IT which I enjoyed very much. I enjoyed the people. Very busy office and I did not have the right help. I started there when they first opened their LA office and it was great. It has been a great place to be and I would have stayed there forever, but sometimes management changes and sometimes it is not for the best unfortunately. Not sure what this has to do with where I am now.
Pros
Good salaries and perks
Cons
My manager did not manage me.
Great place to work, with great people
Temporary Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I only worked there for a short time, I was a temp called in for the regular secretary's maternity leave. I enjoyed the time that I was there, it was a very productive atmosphere.
Cog in a machine.
Project Attorney (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2018
I am a gear going round and round in a machine. When I break down I will be replaced by another gear. Round and round and round we go. Whee. Where will I stop? At 178 characters.
Contract Position in Marketing
Marketing Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 26, 2018
Was a great experience and worked with a terrific team. I highly recommend this firm, they are helpful and welcoming to everyone regardless of your employment status.
Pros
Lots of free food and snacks. Many positive activities.
Cons
Cooley was a great law firm
IP Docket Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 10, 2018
Cooley was a nice place to work. Everyone was friendly. When Cooley built the new building they had a nice cafeteria. The people were nice and liked working there.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
downsized through the recession
Cooley
Patent Staff (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2018
Lack of career advancement. Below average management. Procedures are structure are always changing. The benefits are similar to other firms. Perks are good like gym, health perks.
Great place to work with great people and support staff
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Great work culture and mentality. Includes staff in events. Believes team effort is what makes the firm great. Effective management and team morality.
Pros
Group activities, great benefits, great salary, great environment
Cons
None so far
Great Place to Work
Corporate Transactions, Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 2, 2018
Working in a growing office presents its struggles, but if you're dedicated you will be valued. Cooley does it's best to mentor individuals, but lacks a clear career path for development of its staff.
Fast-Paced
PATENT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Cooley. I learned a great deal and I worked with some fantastic people. Unfortunately, I wanted to advance my career and there was no path available at Cooley.
Cooley was an awesome place to work
Legal Assistant/Intellectual Property (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 3, 2018
The attorneys I worked with were very friendly and the firm was very generous. I am a patent secretary and the workload was very heavy and Cooley provided the needed support to enable me to get my work completed.
Good place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Inman, SCJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Cooley Ltd. The owner decided to move to Fla. And move the buainess and I couldn't move at this time,so I had to leave. I took care of customer needs. Made sells. Delivered automobiles. Fixed automobiles. And generally did what Ever it took to please the customer.
Great Place To Work
Senior Office Service Assist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Cooley is a lovely firm to work for, I am thinking about moving back home and the do not have a firm in the area of N.C Cooley have been a firm that takes care of their employees.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
could give more duties to handle
IP DOCKETING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCOctober 18, 2017
great environment to work, it was fast pace but each employee work together to get things done and the employer would do thing to encourage staff to work hard
Great place to work in
Office Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
The culture, people, and atmosphere at Cooley makes it a great place to work in. I love it. Management is considerate and will to work with you. The want you to succeed with on the job training, tuition reimbursement and other great advantages.
Management was subpar
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2017
Management talks down to other employees. They have unrealistic expectations and some of them do not tell the truth in order to further their own careers.
Pros
Gym, Location
Cons
Expected to work through lunch (non-exempt) and breaks, poor management
Fast Paced Environment determined by your Motivation
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2017
Cooley is a great place to work and each Practice Group has a different culture. If you are an adaptable resource this is the job for you! The key to this job is to be proactive.
One of the best places I have ever worked
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work; management was very supportive; great boss and supervisor and coworkers were always willing to help each other with no attitude or bickering