CoolSys
63Average

CoolSys Employee Reviews

United States137 reviews
Good place to work. Long weeks on the road, good times and bad times. Great crews.management was fair. Supply your own tools. Fair 401k They matched upto a certain percentage.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Your on the road, you go where the work is
At one time Coolsys AKA Source Refrigeration was one of the best of the best. Those days are long gone and never to return. Do you want to feel used? Under appreciated? And over worked then go to work for Coolsys.

There are other options besides these clowns and I strongly suggest you explore them.
Pros
I just heard Ft Myers has a new manger so goofing off just got real easy.
Cons
Don’t expect help from leads or senior techs and expect your work to not be valued
Great place to work, great guys to work for! Felt accepted right away. If you like to work then you’ll fit right in. The guys in the office do a great job of setting you up for success!
Basically Source is the largest refrigeration contractor on the West coast. Possibly the country. They have deep pockets and lots of employee's. If you want to be a number, come join the team. You can work as long and as hard as you want. They will pay you well as long as you don't get hurt or burn out. Don't plan on retiring here, you won't make it. Overall, I would say it's a great place for a beginner to learn real fast, then take those skills and find a place to make a home where they can build up a retirement plan.
I enjoyed what I do and source was a great team environment to work with and was a stable job that I enjoyed doing. I would love to be back into the field of commercial HVAC/R.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Too much preferential treatment going on especially throughout the Southwest region. The El Paso branch is ran by the Albuquerque branch. Hard work is not appreciated unless you’re are a relative or family friend of management. It also seems that white privilege strongly exists within the company.
Very productive and busy work environment. I find this position to be self rewarding when accomplishing all tasks at hand. This is a very demanding position wearing several hats multi-tasking working with Property Managers, Vendors and internal teams such as Accounting, Compliance and upper Management.
It was a good place to work and you had a lot of freedom to work at your own pace. The only problem I had was the crazy hours. I enjoyed my job but it was mostly night work and I had no personal life.
Pros
There is room for growth you just have to prove your self
Cons
Work all hours of day and night some times both
Source Refrigeration is an excellent place to work.
If you take pride in your work, and invest in yourself, Source Refrigeration will provide you with ample opportunity for advancement.

I have worked for multiple locations, all have had an excellent team environment.

The work is primarily Supermarket Refrigeration, so there will be on-call with potentially long hours.
Pros
Team Environment, Opportunity for advancement, Excellent Training
Hardest part is dealing with the management in miami. If you Dont answer phone call on first ring. They blow up your phone or call every employee in crew. " man i was working" No materials to perform job. If your 5 minuted layes, sent home for week. Management on miami needs a change.
This company is and wil continue to grow. They are nation wide. There are several locations to choose from. I believe ultimately they will be the largest comercial HVAC and Refrigeration company.
Family oriented. Transportation, gas card, iPhone, basic necessary equipment supplied. A great, reasonable, fair and sincere approach to your personal needs.
Pros
Great training & support. Feeling of appreciation.
Cons
No cons yet.
They betrayed my trust. These guys are very unloyal. Get your money and don’t focus on a team focus on yourself when you’re at these jobs. People pretend to care about you personally but its just for they can use you the way they want. These people aren’t your friends.
Get off your butt and try this company. Since they were boughtout by source refrigeration I don't know how they are. When butch was the owner it was a great place to work.
Pros
Free drinks ans ice cream
Cons
On calll once a week
It is a great place to work. They are going through a transformation process and it is really difficult to mine data. Most of the data is in different systems and you need SQL experience to run reports.
Great cpmpany to work for. They will take good care of you but you will work HARD. You will work so much that you barely have time to be with your family.
Great company it was a great company to work for I had a great time working in Phoenix Colorado Utah California New Mexico I worked all over the West coast when I was with source refrigeration & h v a c
I loved most of the people I worked with but there is clear favoritism. They treat staff like their disposable. Work you like a dog. If you’re looking for something temporary and like drama this is perfect for you.
Source/service refrigeration is a good company to work for with competitive pay and insurance. Most people working there have been there for a while and are very knowledgeable.
If there would ever be a chance to go back to work for a company that I really enjoyed working for i would go back to work for Source Service Refrigeration. They have a great and wouderful team of Mngrs. Supervisor. And technicians.
Source refrigeration was a good company before,no anymore. Since the last owner sold the company to a Chicago Bank,it collapsed drastically good techs left Source because overwhelmed with work but very low wages.I did make Markets for 6 years and I only made $28 per hr but a lot of OT,the competition paid b3$38-$42