Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants Employee Reviews

Love
Front Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 19, 2018
What a franchise to be apart of! Coopershawk is by far the best restaurant in Springfield. So many opportunities to grow in the company and they’re all about family everybody is treated equal. Most of the managers are excellent. I love this place!
Great
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJuly 18, 2018
Great job with great team members but lack of advancement in the work place, great customer's with excellent eating environment also great supervisors.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
No breaks
July 19, 2018

Thank you for the review! We want to strive to make each day great; if you have any ideas on how we could do things better please let us know at suggestions@chwinery.com.

teamwork
Houseworker (Current Employee) –  Liberty Townshp, OHJuly 18, 2018
team work slacks off when we get busy which makes it sad. fun place to work and people get along well. weekends always busy which makes time go by fast.
Coopers Hawk *Beware
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJuly 18, 2018
Although this is a great place to eat its not the greatest to work for with the wrong management team. The wages could have been better but again management was not the greatest so its hard to rate a business that has great work potential but poor management. 3 tables per server regardless of skill set. Long waits for most dishes. Must sell the wine club membership to secure employment so less focus is given to the customer dining experience. Management constantly gives free wine and discounts to appease guest which always puts guest in the mindset of restaurant error.
Pros
Food
Cons
2-3 tables per server, over staffed or understaffed
July 19, 2018

Thank you for the review and your hard work during your time in our Tampa location! We appreciate the feedback and if you ever have any ideas as to how we could improve please let us know at suggestions@chwinery.com.

Used to love working there
Hostess (Current Employee) –  South Barrington, ILJuly 16, 2018
I used to love working there but now management has gone down hill and I don’t want to be there anymore. I’ve dealt with HR and my managers bosses to solve problems and noting was fixed so I’ve decided to leave.
Pros
50% food
Cons
Poor management
July 17, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback to us. We take all concerns very seriously and will do our best to look into the situation. In the event that you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our HR Manager, Laura Clark, via email at lclark@chwinery.com or via phone at (708) 215-5786 or anonymously through the Community Hotline at 844-362-9798 or www.chwinery.ethicspoint.com.

Great place for business!
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 4, 2018
This company will teach you all you need to know about how a business should run. They trained me on all forms of business including, distribution management, quality Assurance, inventory control processes, standards / procedures compliance, continuous process improvement, vendor and staff relations, transportation / materials handling, training and leadership.
Pros
great room for growth.
Cons
Lots of heavy lifting.
July 5, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! So glad you have had a great experience.

Productive and high-paced work with potential for promotion.
T.R. Attendant - PT (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 2, 2018
Cooper's Hawk Winery and Restaurant is an every-day fluctuating & competitive environment in restaurant work usually with high volume traffic. It has many moving pieces (employees) all at one time between the restaurant and retail; management and kitchen. You are taught everything you need to know about the department with which you are hired to train in. If you are a server you will know the restaurant and menu like the back of your hand. If you are in the retail\tasting room you will know everything about the wine and retail. Hosts learn to host and cooks learn to cook. There is ample opportunity to improve and be promoted with constructive criticism. You work with numerous customers daily and handle everything form basic cash transactions to pouring wine and handling customer accounts. The hardest part was simply feeling overworked and underappreciated at times. You sometimes feel as if you pull weight where others do not. You'll feel that some get away with more than they should and still no repercussion. If you focus on yourself and stay motivated however it is a largely growing company. As far as the restaurant industry is concerned I feel it is one of the best. The best part for myself was the "family" that I grew to know and love. I would see these people daily.
Pros
50% off food 40% off wine 20% off retail
Cons
Management to not focus on large problems; but rather small details, Management not always involed in areas they should be. Difficult or non-understanding customers.
July 5, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate it!

Summer Job
House Worker (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 13, 2018
Was a typical college summer work opportunity. Lots and lots of hours as we were understaffed a lot at houseworker position. Fun environment, but very fast paced.
Pros
Free food, Wine discounts
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad you agree that Cooper's Hawk is a fun environment!

Fun working environment with opportunities for growth
Tasting Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 10, 2018
-I was a Tasting Room Attendant
-I lead wine tastings for our guests
-Ensured guest satisfaction
-Sold memberships to our wine club
-Very knowledgable on all of our wines
-Modern, casual dining environment
-My coworkers were enthusiastic and team players
June 13, 2018

We're glad you are enjoying working with us! Thank you for all your hard work!

Pretty good.
Pantry Chef (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 9, 2018
Work on pantry and it took a a little bit to learn it but it's cool now. Just depends who you work with, most days It's a lot of fun and everyone forthe most part cares for the food they put out so that's nice.
Pros
They usually make food for the crew morning and night.
Cons
Some rude servers
June 11, 2018

great atmosphere
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 31, 2018
great atmosphere, always busy , quite fun to work at. Food was awsome. Most fun was working with co-workers. Hardest part of job is cleaning the grill
June 5, 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you are enjoying your time at our Richmond restaurant.

Good food and wine
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2018
Great concept. Management team is very temporary. They come to train and go off to different stores after a few weeks. They hire too many servers so hours are low.
June 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the feedback and will continue to make sure we are improving each day.

Enjoyable work environment
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 25, 2018
It was a fun place to work at. The work environment was fast paced and took a lot of work, but it was rewarding at the end. All the staff and employees were great!
Pros
I loved the staff and management.
Cons
The shifts were long.
June 5, 2018

Thank you for the review. We hope you enjoyed your time at Cooper's Hawk while you were at our Richmond restaurant.

Good introductory hospitality job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 16, 2018
Good for a first time server or bartender. Introductory to wine but limited to knowledge of their wine specifically which is not applicable to other restaurants.
Pros
Respectable Pay
Cons
unorganized management
May 17, 2018

Thank you for the review and your hard work! We appreciate the feedback and if you ever have any ideas as to how we could improve please let us know at suggestions@chwinery.com.

Great place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Could be better in pay. I was employed with the company for 7 months and loved it. Wish they promoted within. Also some employees have been promoted because of who they know and not because of their work preformance
May 17, 2018

Typical hospitality position
Bartender and Bar Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2018
A great job to have while you are in school. The managers will treat you well. You can expect to have to work most weekends and all holidays. You can move up quickly if you put the effort in.
May 7, 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! We hope you are enjoying your time at our Orlando restaurant.

The coopers downfall at this location
Winetasting Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 1, 2018
I worked for this restaurant for many years. I do think this is a great business and they really have some great ideas. Their food is amazing and their sangria's are lovely. Working there started out alright, it was a great place for flexible hours with control over job requests online for when I was early in my undergraduate degree. The management was great the first year, but eventually all the good managers that kept the restaurant work atmosphere alive ended up leaving to different locations. It got so bad in 2016 that all of the hard working (will do anything for this company) employees all left when they were being treated so poorly. I stuck it out till 2017 but it did get very stressful and advancement only was determined if you were good friends with the managers or what seemed to be a specific gender. It got too political and management crashed and burned so I ended up finding a better job. I feel like corporate needs to do a better job with filtering out who is in charge here rather than who their friends are.
Pros
food discounts, birthday free meals
Cons
management, how you are treated as an employee
No a good pace to work
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 1, 2018
To terrible management. Needs much impovement.. managers are very in mature needs a lot more training. The are a few good ones. Most of the employees are good.
May 3, 2018

We're very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. If you would like to talk about the specific items you mentioned please reach out directly to our HR Manager, Laura Clark, via email at lclark@chwinery.com or via phone at (708) 215-5786 or anonymously through the Community Hotline at 844-362-9798 or www.chwinery.ethicspoint.com.

Fun and profitable
Supervisor, Office manager assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2018
I owe Cooper’s Hawk a lot of respect. They are family and treat you as such. Management is understanding yet firm and always encourages a positive team based work environment.
Pros
Fast
April 26, 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad you are enjoying your time at our Kansas City restaurant.

Friendly co-workers, passion and drive.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 20, 2018
Over all Cooper's Hawk is a friendly work place. They promote the idea of growth from within and offer training for extra skills needed. There was lack of communication from the management team; "creating community" but I never felt like they got to know people past their work life. It's always nice when you know someone's hobby, goals, kids names... Make you really feel cared about. You did get that from your co-workers but not from the management. Pay is comparable / higher than most other restaurants but you had to push to get a raise, they didn't offer performance reviews.
April 23, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your feedback!
If you have any additional feedback you would like to share with us or any suggestions on how to improve, please reach out to us! You can send in ideas to suggestions@chwinery.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight