Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants Employee Reviews

Server/OJT for Servers (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Overall it was a great place to work. The concept was great and the Co-workers were all for the team aspect. Everyone looked out for each other and helped each other out. Management was great and overall would recommend.
January 18, 2019

Thank you for the review. We hope you enjoyed your time at Cooper's Hawk while you were at our Cincinnati restaurant.

management play favorites
Host/House Worker/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Managers play favorite with the employees. Some getting way better pay, respect, and career advancements.No hours for some positions or little to none with low pay wage and non tipped out host and host also bus tables.
January 18, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback to us. We take all concerns very seriously and will do our best to look into the situation. In the event that you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our HR Manager, Laura Clark, via email at lclark@chwinery.com or via phone at (331) 233-5786 or anonymously through the Community Hotline at 844-362-9798 or www.chwinery.ethicspoint.com.

CoopersHawk is a great modern casual winery and restaurant
Tasting Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Merriville IndianaJanuary 9, 2019
Typically a busier restaurant to visit. Very lively and friendly staff with all around professional attitude and great customer service. Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a kind review! We are glad you are enjoying your time at CH Merrillville!

Great Wine
Server (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 8, 2019
The wine education was the best part, becoming knowledgeable on various types of house crafted wines was extremely beneficial to expand my beverage skills.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for the review. We hope you enjoyed your time at Cooper's Hawk while you were at our Annapolis restaurant.

Great Benefits
Server and Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Great company to work for. Not a lot of advancement opportunities. Typical restaurant problems, but their system seems to work better than most. I'd still be working here if I didn't have to relocate.
January 3, 2019

Thank you for the review and your hard work! We appreciate the feedback and if you ever have any ideas as to how we could improve please let us know at suggestions@chwinery.com.

Great work environment, but work/life sucks!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2019
I loved the people I worked with! The restaurant is open Thanksgiving and would routinely extend hours on holidays. Managers work 60+ a week and that's during regular periods. Busy periods mean longer work weeks. I know this the restaurant business, but the value of "We care about people," does not extend to management; only hourlies.
January 3, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the feedback and will continue to make sure we are improving each day.

No words can explain
House Worker (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 31, 2018
Extremely busy, no day is ever the same. Challenging. Need to hire more workers for the amount of work that needs to be accomplished.

I enjoyed my job even though it was only part-time.
Pros
discounted meals, wine selection, co-workers
Cons
lack of staff
January 3, 2019

Not much self worth? Great Job!
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 17, 2018
No bussers and food runners. House crew is just to pack carry out and to deep clean. Waiters do everything from all bussing, running, polishing all stemware, sweeping or vacuuming, resetting entire restaurant including banquets requiring moving tons of chairs and tables,. And yes, pushing the wine club to every guest. Also, side work and when you have time, to actually serve the guest who pays you. At $5 an hour, we are quite the bargain. I work at Wildfire now, make way more and do way less.
Pros
Food
Cons
The actual job
January 3, 2019

We're very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. If you would like to talk about the specific items you mentioned please reach out directly to our HR Manager, Laura Clark, via email at lclark@chwinery.com or via phone at (708) 215-5786 or anonymously through the Community Hotline at 844-362-9798 or www.chwinery.ethicspoint.com.

extremely busy, long hours and fun
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2018
Work weeks are long leaving you with low quality of life. Learned the ins and outs of managing a successful restaurant. Very hard to move up. Hardest part was the hours and stress. Working with a large diverse group of people.
December 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any suggestions or ideas as to how we could improve, please don't hesitate to let us know!

good tips- horrible management
server (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 29, 2018
From a money standpoint it is probably one of the better restaurants to work at in the Brookfield area. It has a great following due to wine club members and the money is pretty good. However, horrible management team. The management team is completely unprofessional and are clueless about what is going on in their restaurant. Even though the money is good there are jobs in the area to where you can make better tips without the lousy support and direction that the management team offers.
Pros
good tips, discounts
Cons
management
December 3, 2018

Great Place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 29, 2018
Its a great place to work and the food is amazing. Guest attitude and behavior can be a hit or miss, but it all about communicating with your guest. If you communicate it will be fine. It a great team base system setup. However management was a little poor in reference to how rules were followed and how favoritism was shown.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
December 3, 2018

I don’t know
Trainer, Hostess, House Worker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 26, 2018
It was okay in the beginning. Things just got a little weird and hectic as the years went on. Management was the main cause. Lots of money but won’t pay their employees.
November 27, 2018

It's really hard for me
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2018
I would only recommend looking for a job here if you're looking for a career in the food industry, or restaurant management. As a lower-level employee the only way to gain respect is to work soul-crushing hours and not complain or call off. If this is not your goal or you are not able to do this I say: good luck advancing within the company, or holding on to any job security. As a college student it's too difficult for me to keep up with this job, and they have little to no compassion for that.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback to us. If you would like to talk about the specific items you mentioned please reach out directly to our HR Manager, Laura Clark, via email at lclark@chwinery.com or via phone at (708) 215-5786 or anonymously through the Community Hotline at 844-362-9798 or www.chwinery.ethicspoint.com.

Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 9, 2018
Very good environment good people and everyone is helpful. Startes my morning off by filling up my station and the going to prep for the night shift so not much is needed during the rush
November 12, 2018

Thank you for the review! We want to strive to make each day great; if you have any ideas on how we could do things better please let us know at suggestions@chwinery.com.

Overall average
FINE DINING SERVER (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 5, 2018
A typical day was never typical. Every day brought different people and experiences. I enjoyed many things about the job such as many great co workers and a bosses that just let me do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
Great hours for me to work.
Cons
None.
November 8, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your time at Cooper's Hawk Brookfield!

BEST Server Job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 1, 2018
Great paid training, includes amazing food & drinks! On the job learning as well. So much wine education, giving you the confidence you need to make money doing your job! Love Cooper’s Hawk!!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No cons
November 2, 2018

Thank you for the review! We’re glad you enjoyed your time in our Annapolis location!

Overall I like my part-time position here.
Wine Tasting Attendant and Tasting Room Trainer (Current Employee) –  S Barrington, ILOctober 31, 2018
I recommend working here if you want to work in a restaurant setting. Overall the managers are pretty good and do care. I also enjoy most of the clients where I work.
Pros
I work with good people
Cons
The late hours
November 2, 2018

Great place to gain wine knowledge
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 22, 2018
Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant is a great place to work and grow within the restaurant industry. You will gain superior alcohol and wine knowledge working there.
October 25, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a kind review! We are glad you enjoyed working in our Orland Park location!

Great Management but Poor upper-management
server, trainer (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIOctober 20, 2018
I was a part of a store-opening; the environment at CH is great. The staff is like a family. We got the place up and running and honestly, it ran pretty well. However- about three months in the upper management brings in some "big dogs" and they kind of messed a few things up and definitely left us screwed for a few weekends. They made our managers feel extremely pressured to keep waste down super low and in turn we ended up running out of EVERYTHING. I mean, we should have just closed down the restaurant for that weekend.
The culture there is great though. They have Cooper's Hawk standards and they live by them.
If you are a natural server and can multitask and connect with people you will do fine here. If you cannot handle being in fast paced sections one day, then a slower paced section another day (where you have to talk to your table that has a $500 tab to make your money) than this might not be the place for you.
The hardest part of the job is just dealing with the fact that some people will never do the whole "teamwork" thing because this is a VERY teamwork based job. The entire aspect of their business plan in the FOH is teamwork.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is teamwork based. So most people will help you out if you need it INCLUDING the management. Overall, it's a great place to work (and dine!)
Pros
discounts, good tips, friendly customers, good management, teamwork
Cons
overstaffed, over-works
October 25, 2018

Have fun but watch your back
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  LibertyOctober 7, 2018
Great fast paced work environment but beware the snake pit social circles. Hard work is expected and if you are attractive or popular even rewarded. You can meet some of the best people working here and then but greed and stress frequently get the best of them. The higher you are on the totem pole the more cutthroat the competition.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Corporate high standards
October 9, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback to us. We take all concerns very seriously. In the event that you feel comfortable providing more specific information, please reach out directly to our HR Manager, Laura Clark, via email at lclark@chwinery.com or via phone at (708) 215-5786 or anonymously through the Community Hotline at 844-362-9798 or www.chwinery.ethicspoint.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight