Cooper Steel Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Incredible opportunity for anyone looking for a promising career
Communications and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2018
Cooper Steel has and continues to be a fantastic company to work for. It's focus on growth while maintaining a "family-style" working culture is a fantastic example to all growing companies.
Hard work but good money
Welder-Fitter (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 30, 2017
Cooper Steel has great benefits and the work is hard however it is a good place to work and they pay well. Management was lacking a little but overall a good place to be employed.
got to listen to radio all day
welder fabricator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 1, 2015
getting to work with iron is like playing with lego's as a kid. Learned how to weld read blue prints & tape measure. the people I worked with were so much fun. breathing all the smoke was hard on me.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
lots of breaks
This is a place not conducive to health or cohesive employee structure. Much favoritism. Too much mischief, particularly from the supervisor.
Welder/fitter at Cooper Steel Fabricators (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 11, 2013
Supervisors are relatively friendly; however, there is a favoritism which is readily seen in some areas. There is an inconsistency pertaining to quality and the communication of the that quality desired. OSHA rules frequently bent and yet the supervisors seem to be on the side of the employees. Very confusing from time to time. Environment not conducive to health and many complaints from employees being over worked (too many hours; consistently 11 -12 hrs per day).
Pros
helpful in teaching others the operations necessary to perform duties.
Cons
much low morale, high turnover rate
Private office not open to the public
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 22, 2012
A typical day at work. Every morning I come in and check my email first thing. It is my duty to keep the office clean, so I tidey up each morning. We are submitted with several jobs for bidding so I will then check each job for new documents needed. From there I will print, sort, update spreadsheets ect. Answer the phone. There are only two other employees in the office with myself. One is the Divisional Sales Manager in which I assist. The hardest part of my job would be being pressured for deadlines. I wouldn't say that is it necessarily hard, it is just sometimes very fast paced with lots of pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job is being alone in the office when the others are off or on vacation.
Pros
paid holidays and flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper Steel. Our community is ready to answer.

Cooper Steel Reviews by Location