Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Employee Reviews

Company ignored problems
Associate Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Cooper Tire could have been an amazing company to work for, but there were basically 2 large companies in that town and they were rarely hiring. So, for those with advanced degrees, you had to take what you could get. The working environment was stressful, my direct manager was an imbecile and I suffered many health problems as a direct result of the toxic environment. Layoffs were always looming, much overtime without pay. My job turned into something that was very rewarding despite all of those negatives.
Good first job
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 9, 2019
It’s a good place to move on from after gaining experience, but move quickly! Leadership lacks vision and experience in a competitive industry. The company struggles to remain profitable, focusing mostly on the short term. Seasoned employees flee quickly as turnover is high. There is little sense of job security.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Long hours, fear of job loss, below average pay
Productive place to work
UTLILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 8, 2019
Good job. Piece rate paying jobs throughout the plant. Management there was very helpful in whatever you may need help with or to demonstrate how to get something done in a more timely manner.
Great Place To Work
Distribution Assistant / Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 30, 2019
Cooper Tire and Rubber Company was a great place to work. Initially, I felt out of place being a City Boy but I quickly made friends and started enjoying the South. I made life long friendships with people that I still keep in contact with today.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Progressing to Upper Management seemed like a slow process, for certain people who had been there for years.
Years ago it was a good place to work
Tire builder (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 30, 2019
Cooper Tire was a good place to work with great benefits and good wages 30 years ago. Gradually, corporate has chipped away at both and now struggles to keep employees. Turnover rate among new hires is high. New hires should expect to work back shifts for many years. Depending on the job, it can range from easy to difficult.
Pros
Relatively cheap insurance and discounts on new tires
Cons
Scheduled overtime, weekend work
Buddy buddy system in full effect
Curing Dept (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 26, 2019
Screw cooper tire and there raggedy a tires, raggedy a supervisors, and raggedy a place. Do not go work here. Unfair management and practices. Junkyard
Pros
Cons
Junkyard
Good place to work.
Compounder (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 24, 2019
Great place to work if you don’t mind being inside of a factory for 12 hours at a time. Amazin benefits with great people surrounding you at all times.
Pros
Life Insurance, retirement, paid off days.
Cons
Long shifts
Great starter
Engineer Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 21, 2019
Many people there have been there for 30 years. I enjoyed working there, I had a great boss, but it was time for a change. It was a great place to start my career, but there wasn't much room to move up without moving departments.
not taken seriousely
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 21, 2019
I was a teenager when I started working for Cooper Tire. Being young and having fewer bills than others, I was not given many job opportunities. We would load semi-trailers will tires, and you would be paid for the weight.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
No heating or AC. no promotions. little work, little pay
work
Hand booker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 20, 2019
Cooper Tire is a good place to work. You get days off. You work two weeks day and two weeks nights. You also get paid vacations and sick pay. Cooper cares about safety.
Pros
days off
Cons
mandatory overtime
Just work
Material Handler/ tow Motor Operator (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 8, 2019
Cooper was good to me! Not a a bad place to work. I wouldn't recommend working there if you have kids. And the pay has changed for new employees since I left.
Nice place
Welder/Fabricator Millwright (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 7, 2019
It was a good place to had alot of good people and alot of work to keep us working till the hob closed doors on business around 8 years ago I believe.
Pros
Work was easy and we stayed busy no standing around
Cons
Closed down
Bead room pay is not enough.
Production Worker (Bead Producer) (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 12, 2018
The bead room doesn't pay enough for the amount of scrap you end up with and the broken down machinery you have to deal with. Bonus in the bead room is slim to none, you are lucky if you even make rate regularly.
Not the best
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 5, 2018
The company is struggling financially and that is impacting the work environment. Recent outsourcing and layoffs have taken a toll on the morale of those still with the company.
Pros
Gainful employment
Cons
Financial struggles, outsourcing, layoffs, low morale
safe and productive work place
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 13, 2018
CooperTire was a very safe and work friendly place of employment. The leads had very good communication skills. The option to make good money was there.
Very Good Company to Work For.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at Cooper Tire and Rubber included hard work. That you were paid very well to do. The management was good. The workplace was fast paced, but it was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Good Pay
I enjoy my job and the people
Windup man (Current Employee) –  MississippiNovember 1, 2018
I work two weeks days and two weeks nights from 630 to 630. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. The bosses are good to work for,and laid back as long u do what u suppost to do.
Pros
Get a paid lunch
Cons
Swing shift
It was job could be worse
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 23, 2018
It was ok to work if you didn't mind working hard and sometimes getting home a little late but other than that it was a great job. That you most definitely feel after work the next day.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Didn't know what time you got off
rewarding team environment with a good work to life balance
Line Supervisor & Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 16, 2018
Task were defined and obtainable and employees were rewarded with incentives to exceed production requirements
Active role in six sigma process systems allowed one to see real time results towards meeting production requirements while maintaining a high quality level
Management provided clear communications for job tasks, production requirements, and quality expectations all while maintaining a safe work environment
Competitive but fair work environment
The hardest part was rotating days to nights every two weeks
We met and exceeded many challenges introduced by corporate and we were compensated for our efforts
Pros
Team building concepts both on and off the job
Cons
swing shift, business exported to Mexico
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 2, 2018
I was able to experience a new workplace while at Cooper Tires. I was grateful for the opportunity to be able to provide for my family. It was hard work and challenging, but I adapted well to what was asked of me.
Pros
Kept me productive
Cons
Swing shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company. Our community is ready to answer.