Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Employee Reviews

safe and productive work place
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 13, 2018
CooperTire was a very safe and work friendly place of employment. The leads had very good communication skills. The option to make good money was there.
Very Good Company to Work For.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at Cooper Tire and Rubber included hard work. That you were paid very well to do. The management was good. The workplace was fast paced, but it was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Good Pay
I enjoy my job and the people
Windup man (Current Employee) –  MississippiNovember 1, 2018
I work two weeks days and two weeks nights from 630 to 630. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. The bosses are good to work for,and laid back as long u do what u suppost to do.
Pros
Get a paid lunch
Cons
Swing shift
It was job could be worse
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 23, 2018
It was ok to work if you didn't mind working hard and sometimes getting home a little late but other than that it was a great job. That you most definitely feel after work the next day.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Didn't know what time you got off
rewarding team environment with a good work to life balance
Line Supervisor & Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 16, 2018
Task were defined and obtainable and employees were rewarded with incentives to exceed production requirements
Active role in six sigma process systems allowed one to see real time results towards meeting production requirements while maintaining a high quality level
Management provided clear communications for job tasks, production requirements, and quality expectations all while maintaining a safe work environment
Competitive but fair work environment
The hardest part was rotating days to nights every two weeks
We met and exceeded many challenges introduced by corporate and we were compensated for our efforts
Pros
Team building concepts both on and off the job
Cons
swing shift, business exported to Mexico
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 2, 2018
I was able to experience a new workplace while at Cooper Tires. I was grateful for the opportunity to be able to provide for my family. It was hard work and challenging, but I adapted well to what was asked of me.
Pros
Kept me productive
Cons
Swing shift
Supervisor is biased and racist
Line Supplier (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 22, 2018
I would not recommend Cooper Tire to anyone because you work 12 hour swing shift one week you work 48 hours the next week you work 36 they have mandatory overtime but will have shutdown days at the same time you have to use your vacation days if you want to get paid because they had some shutdown days
Official response from Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
September 25, 2018

At Cooper, we embrace and encourage differences and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you believe your supervisor is demonstrating unacceptable behavior, please contact your HR Manager or the Cooper Ethics Helpline.

Slow Sales
First Stage Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 18, 2018
The job was good until sales slowed. We were then being laid off and made less money when we did get to work. Those with more than 3 years of service received comp pay. Those with more than 10 years of service were paid more money for the same jobs.
Pros
Potential Pay
Cons
Job Security
It was a great job..
Tread (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 14, 2018
It's a swing shift job.. 12 hour days for 2 weeks and then 12 hour nights for 2 weeks.. there's no smoking in the building they do have smoke areas though
Pros
They have snack and drink machines in a couple of locations..
Cons
You get 3 breaks two 15 minute breaks and one 30 mintues lunch break
Fun work place, nice people
Assembly line (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 11, 2018
Like job. Good working environment but poor management like bring able to learn different positions. Fast past but still good. Enjoy the work force..
Pros
Water
poor management
Department Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 11, 2018
The management that was there when I left had poor communication skills. Plant was not headed in a good direction. Human Resources was poor at helping employees advance or do the right thing.
Pros
time off
Cons
poor management
fun working place
Rubber feeder and bead stacking (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 5, 2018
i loved the people that i worked around and loved the hours that i worked...
its very hard to get on full time..going threw a temp service sucked but working for the company is good... you have days where it is stress full but other than that is just like any other job you either like or love your job, or you dont....
Loved the job.
FSR-1 (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 1, 2018
Fast paced, enjoyed piece rate work. Loved the hours. I enjoyed being able to learn different aspects of the company. Enjoyed the people I worked with and the pay was great.
Pros
Great management, great company and great pay.
Cons
I really have no cons with this workplace.
Safe and reliable
Supply the line (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 27, 2018
Safe and reliable work place a little hot in there but ill most definitely work there again i just couldn't do the rotation hours due to my kids school and no one to take them after school but know I'm able to work and be able to stay at a job full time everyday
it is a good place to work and grow
Tire Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 26, 2018
management supports growth and personal development. I enjoy working there because of its diversity and the different set of skills that engineers at Cooper have
Fun place to work
Operator Finisher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 23, 2018
A typical day would be getting to work at whatever time i"m scheduled to come in, jump o my production line and start sorting tires, labeling, checking for mistakes as I go along lunch time is granted then back to the line until is the end of the 12 hour shift
Pros
overtime
Stressful and underpaid
Tire Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 23, 2018
Never be tire sorter. Worst job to have. It's stressful they talk to you any kind of way. I feel like you should get more pay for the work because sometimes you triple working yourself because of others.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Work Place
Stacker & Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 20, 2018
The Job was a good place to work. The job was unorganized to be honest. They messed up people hours & money. I wouldn’t recommend nobody to work at cooper.
Good
Ok
Quality Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSAugust 18, 2018
Was a job. Poor management. They were trying to point blame instead of fixn problens. Pay was good,wish they had better,morally better management. Could be a great place to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
You are only a number here
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 15, 2018
Direct management was inept, poorly trained, and unresponsive with no idea of how to improve. Upper management is only focused on the bottom line, and fail to understand the workers are their number one asset.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper Tire & Rubber Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about