Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nurses and techs are awesome to work with!
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 5, 2018
Coppers staff that I worked with was sweet and I got along with them and they helped a lot. Management did not. Management didn’t allow new employees to get used to the floor and experience to be the way they wanted you to be! It was unfair how they expected you to be perfect after 3 days of training!
Fast Paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 2, 2018
Fast paced, great doctors, great co workers that help each other. Tuition reimbursement, effective systems of care, Cooper serves a great number of under privileged patients.
Very busy
Staff Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 31, 2018
Too much work with little staff on evening shifts. Staff expected to run trauma cases as well as set up all rooms for the following morning first cases.
I have great co-workers
Staff nu (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 4, 2018
I believe the higher up's lose sight of the bedside easily and expect high satisfaction scores while putting more and more on the staff to produce more with less support
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no breaks, no lunch breaks
i worked only as a BLS & PALS instructor, so I was not a regular employee and did not receive benefits.
BLS, ACLS, PALS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 30, 2018
My experience at Cooper was several years ago. It met my needs at the time. I did not receive benefits and had limited contact with other instructors and staff.
Outstanding
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 29, 2018
IT was all amazing . I always enjoy what postion I work at in the work field . I wouldnt have it no other way. I reccomned it highly to anyone who chooses to work there.
Great Place To work at
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 22, 2018
The Job At the time was really good for me because of where I had been living previously, I felt I was a big pet of the culture their even though I was the youngest employee at the time, I felt my time their same to an end after 4 years due to some discrepancies, I felt for what are responsibilities were they did not pay enough being in a high crime city and Something was happeneing every night. Ultimately I left because of pay reasons and I felt I was only Their because of recommendation by someone, didn’t really feel they wanted me Their because all the other guys were retired police officers
Pros
If you were injured at least your at the hospital already
Cons
Salary
Nice place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 20, 2018
Great place to work uniform remberstment very help full lunch room available on all three shifts with hot food supply always available for residents having help from other Can is a great help
Great Place to work
Staff Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 19, 2018
A growing urban hospital, very busy with multiple challenging patients from different departments. Staff are very professional and helpful. Benefits are competitive.
Pros
Teaching hospital
fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 12, 2018
Work environment is good. Lot of learning scope. I am part of the medical informatics team. We get lot of Clinical Analytical and Operational report requests. Technology we use Crystal Reports, Microsft SQL server 2012, Epic Clarity database and SSIS.
Great benefits poor employee relations
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJMay 25, 2018
Wish Cooper has as much concern with employee relations as patient relations. Pretty much were told if you had problem with anything that there are other jobs out there. Management never asked for feedback or suggestions from employees when implementing new billing software.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough consideration of employee problems and concerns
Productive and a great learning place
Nurse Associate (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 19, 2018
typical work day when the floor is staffed co-workers work together to get job done. I learned how to deal with oncology patients and manage my time with the patients. The workplace culture was diverse and community hospital.The hardest part of that job was trying not to get close to the patients, and the enjoyable part was to see them get well.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
more work hours
great benefits
Collection (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 17, 2018
Pulled invoice from reports to correct and send out. Hardest part of job was sitting for 8 hours. Most enjoyable part of job was that it was never ending work and the time went fast. Also, there was flex time and you can set your schedule.
Pros
set your working time
Cons
short lunch
A/R Resolution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 6, 2018
Fast paced, busy, understanding how all departments effect revenue cycle daily, variety of workplace culture, team work. *****************************************************
Non-productive, no room for advancement, high turn-over
Full time Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 28, 2018
I had hopes that Cooper was going to provide an opportunity for me to advance in my current field; however, there is minimal room for growth, there are issues company wide that make it difficult to stay positive on a day-to-day. They don't care about the employees which is one of the reasons for the high turn over rate. Benefits were good but pay is not really competitive. Overall is a pretty decent hospital for care but have major developmental issues as an organization/institution.
benefits
Cons
pay
Productive fun work place
Assisting anesthesiologist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 25, 2018
Loved working at Cooper. The environment was always positive. I worked with a skilled set of nurses and doctors that loved our patients as much as I did.
fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 25, 2018
It is good for a younger person, due to the Trauma it is a fast pace to work. It is not a small place, you have to learn many different task. I love working around different people.
benefits
Cons
pay
Fast paced
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 12, 2018
Cooper is a good hospital to work for to gain experience in health care . You see a lot and learn a lot as well . The downside is you are respected based on your pay grade . Nurses are often rude and show no respect . They roll their eyes and speak in rude tones as if we are not important to patient care . Transporters are conisitently rushed . You have to have thick skin and show little friendliness to have some respect .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Rude co workers
A great place to see new things and learn in the process
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 3, 2018
There are so many experiences to be gained working here. Work flow here is typical and management is like any place else. Overall I would recommend to a friend.
Interesting
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 23, 2018
You see alot of interesting things working at a hospital. The days aren't all bad but their could definitely be some changes throughout the hospital.