Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews

Preaching without practice
Epic Support/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 2, 2018
While there is plenty of opportunity in this large health system for various levels of employment, the "core values' that are touted by management are rarely followed. Outside hires over internal promotions are more commonplace than they should be and there is an overage of managers and a lack of organizational management and production resources.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
too many managers, not enough resource workers
horrible management
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 8, 2018
huge revolving door with management and staff. Appealing with the new pay raise and competitive pay rate but the stress and chaos is not worth it. Look else wheres if you can.
Pros
New equipment and improvement
Cons
limited space, bad organization, and horrible management and employee moral.
Great Place To work at
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 22, 2018
The Job At the time was really good for me because of where I had been living previously, I felt I was a big pet of the culture their even though I was the youngest employee at the time, I felt my time their same to an end after 4 years due to some discrepancies, I felt for what are responsibilities were they did not pay enough being in a high crime city and Something was happeneing every night. Ultimately I left because of pay reasons and I felt I was only Their because of recommendation by someone, didn’t really feel they wanted me Their because all the other guys were retired police officers
Pros
If you were injured at least your at the hospital already
Cons
Salary
okay place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 6, 2018
Good company, lack of raises , depending on office, staff was okay. Care alot about patients health, No good on providing or understanding workers health
Pros
1 hour lunch, benefits
Cons
sick days, lack of raises
Flexible Work Place
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 13, 2018
One of the biggest benefits of working at Cooper is the flexibility. If you are a salary employee, management will work with you on adjusting your schedule or allowing for remote work to allow you to manage personal things in your life.
Great overall learning experience.
Certified Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Cooper is a great place to learn but the pay is low and the benefits are expensive. The cafeteria is over priced and the food isn't the best quality. Get your experience and move on.
Pros
Great learning
Cons
low pay
Non-productive, no room for advancement, high turn-over
Full time Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 28, 2018
I had hopes that Cooper was going to provide an opportunity for me to advance in my current field; however, there is minimal room for growth, there are issues company wide that make it difficult to stay positive on a day-to-day. They don't care about the employees which is one of the reasons for the high turn over rate. Benefits were good but pay is not really competitive. Overall is a pretty decent hospital for care but have major developmental issues as an organization/institution.
benefits
Cons
pay
Great benefits poor employee relations
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJMay 25, 2018
Wish Cooper has as much concern with employee relations as patient relations. Pretty much were told if you had problem with anything that there are other jobs out there. Management never asked for feedback or suggestions from employees when implementing new billing software.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough consideration of employee problems and concerns
A normal day at Cooper.
TECH (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08104November 1, 2018
It sounds better to say 'I work at Cooper vice actually working for Cooper". We are ALWAYS short staffed which provides a stressful environment for employees. Management and teamwork is at a bear minimum. However cooper does help with school expenses and there is room for advancements. That has to be the best thing I can say about working for Cooper University Hospital.
Pros
discounts, advancement, and school reembursement.
Cons
We are always short, no understanding, and teamwork is at a minimuim.
i worked only as a BLS & PALS instructor, so I was not a regular employee and did not receive benefits.
BLS, ACLS, PALS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 30, 2018
My experience at Cooper was several years ago. It met my needs at the time. I did not receive benefits and had limited contact with other instructors and staff.
Great Place to work
Staff Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 19, 2018
A growing urban hospital, very busy with multiple challenging patients from different departments. Staff are very professional and helpful. Benefits are competitive.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Super growing company servicing the Camden County Area
Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 30, 2018
Fast paced and lots to do. Never a dull moment. Each day is a learning experience. The day goes by so fast you don't even realize it's time to go home. The patients love your help. The physicians love your help as well and appreciate. The staff is wonderful. The physicians and staff in the ED and Trauma are fantastic. The employees become your family. Via the intranet there is constant communication from management so you always know what is going on. Super place to work for.
Pros
Great supervisors.
Cons
Fast paced, lunch is when you can, not when the clock says so.
Dysfunctional management
RRT (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 13, 2019
Management is dysfunctional. Entertains gossip and bullying with subordinates. Harassment, bullying, and intimidation. A truly abusive and hostile work environment. No room for advancement unless you are management's favorites. Over-worked and underpaid.
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
Management is highly dysfunctional
Was a learning experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 28, 2018
This job made me depressed and gave me anxiety. When I first got here this place was great once the head of the department left and the other overbearing control freak came into power the department became unbearable. The head of the department made it bad for me to transfer to another departments. The department head also made me feel uncomfortable as he would state to follow Cooper Core Values and never ever up hold them. Policies are changed ever 6 months if you have no writes once they change the policies you will. Please plan on getting sick 2 weeks in advance.
Pros
Comworkers
Management is horrible
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 21, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work in the ABS department. The management are a bunch of bullies. They lie about the great job your doing in front of CEO's etc but they'll pull you in the room and tell you how horrible you're doing.
They like to save face.
It's not fun to worry about if you're getting fired because your boss was fired and have management reassure you that your job is secure only to fire you weeks later.
Pros
coworkers
Great people and i love working at cooper Hospital
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 10, 2018
I enjoy the culture and the "family" of working at Cooper..There are alot of pros of working at Cooper..Such as the supportive staff and the overall atmosphere is positive..I've been at cooper for 1 year and really enjoy my career..I plan on being at cooper Hospital for many years to come.
It could have been better
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08103October 24, 2018
I lived rather far from this sight and their 1 minute rule made it extremely stressful when trying to get through the traffic on Rt 42 North. Their policy is if you are due in at 8am and you clock in at 8:01am for whatever reason, traffic, kids are sick, the person clocking in in front of you is slow, it doesn't matter it will count against you. There is no grace period and from what I hear this is the only department that is like that. The main hospital has a 5 min grace period. So I'm not sure how fair that is.
Pros
pay, no patient contact
Cons
location, expectations are completely unreasonable, policies need to be more reasonable.
Hospital with business oriented mindset
General surgery resident physician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 16, 2018
Cost-cutting maneuver with nursing with high turnover and critical drop of quality.
Primary care docs feel used as venue to funnel specialty services.
Lack of loyalty given to long term veteran physicians in lieu of RVU minded new hires. Leading to residents and mid-level providers and staff not feeling like they are getting protected.
Superb facility.
Embraces new technology.
Puts in effort to improve workplace culture, though glacial in pacing.
fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 25, 2018
It is good for a younger person, due to the Trauma it is a fast pace to work. It is not a small place, you have to learn many different task. I love working around different people.
benefits
Cons
pay
Great benefits
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJOctober 23, 2018
Good company. I worked here for a long time. They make too many changes too often that affect peoples lives without hearing the side of those who are on the other end of the changes. If management would take the time to hear employees out before those changes, they employees would be much happier & there would be less of a turnover rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.