Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews

fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 25, 2018
It is good for a younger person, due to the Trauma it is a fast pace to work. It is not a small place, you have to learn many different task. I love working around different people.
benefits
Cons
pay
A great place to see new things and learn in the process
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 3, 2018
There are so many experiences to be gained working here. Work flow here is typical and management is like any place else. Overall I would recommend to a friend.
Interesting
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 23, 2018
You see alot of interesting things working at a hospital. The days aren't all bad but their could definitely be some changes throughout the hospital.
Poor Leadership destroyed this Organization
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 16, 2018
Cooper is not the organization it once was. Poor leadership has destroyed what could be a great place to work and nepotism has made advancement near impossible.
Good, friendly work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 6, 2018
I would love to retuned to cooper hospital. The ob as many expeience to learn from. The job work togetheras a team. You can learn ans experience alot from cooper.
Poor Management
SURGICAL SCHEDULER/ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 5, 2018
Bottom-line company that puts their patients, and employees,
last. The benefits are great, but the culture is that of blame and fear. Too many people afraid to lose their jobs.
Fast Pace
RN (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 3, 2018
Fast paced always busy. Insurance is kind of expensive and you’re limited to Cooper doctors. Pay is the best I’ve recieved in my 10 years of nursing in NJ. Excellent teamwork. Lots of employee perks. Union.
Pros
Pay, union, teaching hospital
Cons
If you don’t like to be busy it’s not for you.
Break hours vary
Transport Service, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 1, 2018
Lots of ethnicity and enjoy bringing them to their family on pick up day. Not only bringing joy to their family, but brings a smile to my face. The management in this hospital is very helping.
Pros
Depends on the hour.
Cons
Sometimes long task hours.
Choose Cooper
CASE MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Cooper University Hospital offered an excellent benefit package along with competitive salary. The team I worked for worked well together and brought enthusiasm to the department.
Good company to work for
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 14, 2018
For the most part it's a pleasant place to work

Very fast paced

Mostly friendly workers and patients

Benefits are expensive or non existent for part time or prn employees
Pros
Friendly, helpful co-workers
Cons
short lunch breaks, support services workers are looked down upon and sometimes rudely spoken to.

Want to know more about Cooper University Hospital?

Ask a question
Review Summary
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 8, 2018
I started out on Medical-Surgical floor. I later floated to different departments such as OB, GYN, Pediatrics, recovery and finally Oncology, Oncology was the most rewarding nursing I have ever done. There was always supervisors on each shift, Always different cultures to work with and take care of. Helping each other was the best part of the job so we could give good care. The hardest part was being short staffed.
Outreach Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Good patient quality and care. Has great advantages for employees, different discounts. Managers are professional. They teach employees to be friendly to everyone in the hallway as you are walking. You are not allowed to be on the phone in the hallway.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hard to transfer to new opportunities
Had to always be alert
Operating Room Board Secretary (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 29, 2018
I honestly have to say i loved working there. What an amazing job. It was crazy at times switching the bored around for different cases, and always had to make sure you were on your game
Pros
amazing benifits
Cons
some of the works
Workplace
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 28, 2018
Great job for wanting to learn more. Seems like the more work you do the less you get paid. Management not working with my school schedule making it hard to balance.
Pros
great hours
Cons
hard to balance with school, pay isnt great when someone who does less then you makes more.
It is ok
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 27, 2018
I really have nothing to say about Cooper. It is definitely a place for career advancement. You just have to give the place a chance for yourself. I enjoy working there because of the patients we help.
Pros
Tuition reimbersment
Cons
Better management
Cut throat
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 21, 2018
Everyone is after each other, management and all. Everyone says they want to be a team but no one puts forth the effort to work as a team member. Not a good place to work
I enjoy working for Cooper
Staffing Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 12, 2018
I have never had a bad experience in my time since being hired at Cooper. I would recommend this work environment to anyone. I feel really comfortable when I come in to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
enjoyed working there but didn't like the constant changing management
Division Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 12, 2018
I was a division coordinator of the dept of vascular surgery. It was a very face paced enviornment. i enjoyed working with the staff and the Dr.s as well. talking to all the patients was also one of the things about the job i really enjoyed. Helping people is very important to me. The hardest part of the job was handling the constant changing of management.
Pros
close to home
Cons
constant change in policies. Too many for the staff to constantly keep up with.
Very high paced busy place to work .. I loved it!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 7, 2018
Nice place to work I enjoy the fast paces busy emergency Department that I worked in .. level one trauma center I learned a lot in the 10 years that I worked there would recommend this hospital.
worst place
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 4, 2018
very high turnover in my dpt, employee don't even last one week in that dpt. it's either you get fired or you quiet. this is the situation there. unrealistic goals, unfair rules/too many rules.poor management, they don't care about the employees, they're just there for the paycheck. treat employee and talk to them like kids. out of 5 managers only one is really qualify for the jobs the others i have no clue how to manage or do their job, they should all be fired and replaced.
i don't see any future for that dpt, the structure is so wrong. I've been in the healthcare system for over 15 years, I never seen this. i only been there for over a year i don't see any future there, it's too stressful and chaotic, again they need to change the management team they don't know what they doing.... we're so under staff and one person is covering 2-3 positions.

it's not a place for people who has kids and family, it's only for people who doesn't have a life after the workplace.

overall i love what i'm doing, i love helping the patients. it's just management is against us and setting us for failure.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
paid holidays are coming from your PTO bank, if you're 1 minute late, you get a verbal warning and it's going to stay in your record, too many rules and unfair rules, low pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.