Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews

Cooper
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 8, 2018
2016, I accepted a full-time position at Cooper as an RRT. I always missed the acute care hospital workplace and this position allowed me to update my clinical skills, Health IT and population health interests. Cooper is a clinically exciting and physically demanding workplace.
Pros
Impressive Patient Care
Cons
non
Preaching without practice
Epic Support/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 2, 2018
While there is plenty of opportunity in this large health system for various levels of employment, the "core values' that are touted by management are rarely followed. Outside hires over internal promotions are more commonplace than they should be and there is an overage of managers and a lack of organizational management and production resources.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
too many managers, not enough resource workers
Super growing company servicing the Camden County Area
Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 30, 2018
Fast paced and lots to do. Never a dull moment. Each day is a learning experience. The day goes by so fast you don't even realize it's time to go home. The patients love your help. The physicians love your help as well and appreciate. The staff is wonderful. The physicians and staff in the ED and Trauma are fantastic. The employees become your family. Via the intranet there is constant communication from management so you always know what is going on. Super place to work for.
Pros
Great supervisors.
Cons
Fast paced, lunch is when you can, not when the clock says so.
Abosolutely love !
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 19, 2018
I loved working as a receptionist and I loved working with the people who are there now. They were all so nice and understanding. By far the best job.
Pros
Free beverages and discounted tickets at amusement parks
Supportive and collaborative environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 16, 2018
Pleasant place to work. I would recommend Cooper University Hospital to any case manager who is looking for work. It is a supportive and collaborative work environment.
okay place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 6, 2018
Good company, lack of raises , depending on office, staff was okay. Care alot about patients health, No good on providing or understanding workers health
Pros
1 hour lunch, benefits
Cons
sick days, lack of raises
Fieldwork Level II
Fieldwork Level II (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 2, 2018
I completed my level II fieldwork here mostly in the cardiac unit. Management, work culture and supervision was great. I learned a lot in the acute hospital setting here and enjoyed it the most.
A normal day at Cooper.
TECH (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08104November 1, 2018
It sounds better to say 'I work at Cooper vice actually working for Cooper". We are ALWAYS short staffed which provides a stressful environment for employees. Management and teamwork is at a bear minimum. However cooper does help with school expenses and there is room for advancements. That has to be the best thing I can say about working for Cooper University Hospital.
Pros
discounts, advancement, and school reembursement.
Cons
We are always short, no understanding, and teamwork is at a minimuim.
Was a learning experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 28, 2018
This job made me depressed and gave me anxiety. When I first got here this place was great once the head of the department left and the other overbearing control freak came into power the department became unbearable. The head of the department made it bad for me to transfer to another departments. The department head also made me feel uncomfortable as he would state to follow Cooper Core Values and never ever up hold them. Policies are changed ever 6 months if you have no writes once they change the policies you will. Please plan on getting sick 2 weeks in advance.
Pros
Comworkers
Cons
It could have been better
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJ 08103October 24, 2018
I lived rather far from this sight and their 1 minute rule made it extremely stressful when trying to get through the traffic on Rt 42 North. Their policy is if you are due in at 8am and you clock in at 8:01am for whatever reason, traffic, kids are sick, the person clocking in in front of you is slow, it doesn't matter it will count against you. There is no grace period and from what I hear this is the only department that is like that. The main hospital has a 5 min grace period. So I'm not sure how fair that is.
Pros
pay, no patient contact
Cons
location, expectations are completely unreasonable, policies need to be more reasonable.
Great benefits
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJOctober 23, 2018
Good company. I worked here for a long time. They make too many changes too often that affect peoples lives without hearing the side of those who are on the other end of the changes. If management would take the time to hear employees out before those changes, they employees would be much happier & there would be less of a turnover rate.
Hospital with business oriented mindset
General surgery resident physician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 16, 2018
Cost-cutting maneuver with nursing with high turnover and critical drop of quality.
Primary care docs feel used as venue to funnel specialty services.
Lack of loyalty given to long term veteran physicians in lieu of RVU minded new hires. Leading to residents and mid-level providers and staff not feeling like they are getting protected.
Superb facility.
Embraces new technology.
Puts in effort to improve workplace culture, though glacial in pacing.
Fast-paced, highly skilled facility
Teacher/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 14, 2018
I have already written a review about Cooper. It is a fast-paced intercity hospital, university medical center where hundreds of student nurses, medical students, interns, residents, and fellows are educated and trained. The nursing staff is highly motivated and accepts the high acuity levels of their patients.
Great people and i love working at cooper Hospital
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 10, 2018
I enjoy the culture and the "family" of working at Cooper..There are alot of pros of working at Cooper..Such as the supportive staff and the overall atmosphere is positive..I've been at cooper for 1 year and really enjoy my career..I plan on being at cooper Hospital for many years to come.
horrible management
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 8, 2018
huge revolving door with management and staff. Appealing with the new pay raise and competitive pay rate but the stress and chaos is not worth it. Look else wheres if you can.
Pros
New equipment and improvement
Cons
limited space, bad organization, and horrible management and employee moral.
Nice place to work
SURGICAL SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 7, 2018
Worked in a great department with very nice nurses, doctors, techs, and staff. Work days did start early but the day did not drag. Enjoyed working there.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 5, 2018
Management is terrible and all that is needed to be the lead manager is a BA in Nursing. There are no training sessions for incoming managers, so employees have no guidance, (especially in Peds)!
Great Environment
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 23, 2018
I’m here at Cooper through a staffing agency. I can honestly say I love working here the nurses are so sweet. Everyone does their job which makes it an easy flow of things. I hope to become a permanent employee soon. I really really like this hospital.
Pros
Great hospital. Lovely sweet nurses
Cons
The managers don’t know when staffing employees need a break
Management is horrible
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 21, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work in the ABS department. The management are a bunch of bullies. They lie about the great job your doing in front of CEO's etc but they'll pull you in the room and tell you how horrible you're doing.
They like to save face.
It's not fun to worry about if you're getting fired because your boss was fired and have management reassure you that your job is secure only to fire you weeks later.
Pros
coworkers
Cooper Hospital needs to hire more people in the departments that do not have adequate staff.
OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoy working for this company but more staff is needed. In order to perform our tasks in a timely manner, the number of staff needs to increase. Cooper needs to higher more people in order to alleviate burnout!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about