Cooper University Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital with business oriented mindset
General surgery resident physician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 16, 2018
Cost-cutting maneuver with nursing with high turnover and critical drop of quality.
Primary care docs feel used as venue to funnel specialty services.
Lack of loyalty given to long term veteran physicians in lieu of RVU minded new hires. Leading to residents and mid-level providers and staff not feeling like they are getting protected.
Superb facility.
Embraces new technology.
Puts in effort to improve workplace culture, though glacial in pacing.
Fast-paced, highly skilled facility
Teacher/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 14, 2018
I have already written a review about Cooper. It is a fast-paced intercity hospital, university medical center where hundreds of student nurses, medical students, interns, residents, and fellows are educated and trained. The nursing staff is highly motivated and accepts the high acuity levels of their patients.
Great people and i love working at cooper Hospital
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 10, 2018
I enjoy the culture and the "family" of working at Cooper..There are alot of pros of working at Cooper..Such as the supportive staff and the overall atmosphere is positive..I've been at cooper for 1 year and really enjoy my career..I plan on being at cooper Hospital for many years to come.
horrible management
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 8, 2018
huge revolving door with management and staff. Appealing with the new pay raise and competitive pay rate but the stress and chaos is not worth it. Look else wheres if you can.
Pros
New equipment and improvement
Cons
limited space, bad organization, and horrible management and employee moral.
Nice place to work
SURGICAL SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 7, 2018
Worked in a great department with very nice nurses, doctors, techs, and staff. Work days did start early but the day did not drag. Enjoyed working there.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 5, 2018
Management is terrible and all that is needed to be the lead manager is a BA in Nursing. There are no training sessions for incoming managers, so employees have no guidance, (especially in Peds)!
Great Environment
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 23, 2018
I’m here at Cooper through a staffing agency. I can honestly say I love working here the nurses are so sweet. Everyone does their job which makes it an easy flow of things. I hope to become a permanent employee soon. I really really like this hospital.
Pros
Great hospital. Lovely sweet nurses
Cons
The managers don’t know when staffing employees need a break
Management is horrible
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 21, 2018
I would never recommend anyone work in the ABS department. The management are a bunch of bullies. They lie about the great job your doing in front of CEO's etc but they'll pull you in the room and tell you how horrible you're doing.
They like to save face.
It's not fun to worry about if you're getting fired because your boss was fired and have management reassure you that your job is secure only to fire you weeks later.
Pros
coworkers
Cooper Hospital needs to hire more people in the departments that do not have adequate staff.
OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoy working for this company but more staff is needed. In order to perform our tasks in a timely manner, the number of staff needs to increase. Cooper needs to higher more people in order to alleviate burnout!
Great overall learning experience.
Certified Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Cooper is a great place to learn but the pay is low and the benefits are expensive. The cafeteria is over priced and the food isn't the best quality. Get your experience and move on.
Pros
Great learning
Cons
low pay
Busy place, complex care needs, challenging and satisfying
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 27, 2018
Work in partnership with staff and coworkers to provide care to patients with complex needs. Work closely with staff to instruct on provided care and current standards of care. Requires much patient teaching. The days are busy.
Pros
busy, complex care, challenging, satisfying
Cons
extra staff would be nice
Flexible Work Place
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 13, 2018
One of the biggest benefits of working at Cooper is the flexibility. If you are a salary employee, management will work with you on adjusting your schedule or allowing for remote work to allow you to manage personal things in your life.
Nurses and techs are awesome to work with!
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 5, 2018
Coppers staff that I worked with was sweet and I got along with them and they helped a lot. Management did not. Management didn’t allow new employees to get used to the floor and experience to be the way they wanted you to be! It was unfair how they expected you to be perfect after 3 days of training!
Fast Paced
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 2, 2018
Fast paced, great doctors, great co workers that help each other. Tuition reimbursement, effective systems of care, Cooper serves a great number of under privileged patients.
Very busy
Staff Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 31, 2018
Too much work with little staff on evening shifts. Staff expected to run trauma cases as well as set up all rooms for the following morning first cases.
I have great co-workers
Staff nu (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 4, 2018
I believe the higher up's lose sight of the bedside easily and expect high satisfaction scores while putting more and more on the staff to produce more with less support
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no breaks, no lunch breaks
i worked only as a BLS & PALS instructor, so I was not a regular employee and did not receive benefits.
BLS, ACLS, PALS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 30, 2018
My experience at Cooper was several years ago. It met my needs at the time. I did not receive benefits and had limited contact with other instructors and staff.
Outstanding
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 29, 2018
IT was all amazing . I always enjoy what postion I work at in the work field . I wouldnt have it no other way. I reccomned it highly to anyone who chooses to work there.
Great Place To work at
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 22, 2018
The Job At the time was really good for me because of where I had been living previously, I felt I was a big pet of the culture their even though I was the youngest employee at the time, I felt my time their same to an end after 4 years due to some discrepancies, I felt for what are responsibilities were they did not pay enough being in a high crime city and Something was happeneing every night. Ultimately I left because of pay reasons and I felt I was only Their because of recommendation by someone, didn’t really feel they wanted me Their because all the other guys were retired police officers
Pros
If you were injured at least your at the hospital already
Cons
Salary
Nice place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 20, 2018
Great place to work uniform remberstment very help full lunch room available on all three shifts with hot food supply always available for residents having help from other Can is a great help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooper University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.