Cooperative Agricultural Support Services Authority Employee Reviews

not a good place to work
Agricultural Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2017
Management did not train new hires.I hated going to work everyday

The co-worker helped me out a lot.The pay was low for what we had to do.they would expect you to do more.
Farmland and pests
Agriculural Tech (Former Employee) –  ArvinAugust 11, 2014
The work day started at 6am. Picked up truck and followed a map as a guide to drive to farms around the county to collect traps. Every trap was set an exact quarter mile. I counted each and every sharp shooter if present and entered it into a hand held device. Every day was a different section of the county's farmland. At the end of the week, I would turn in the hand held device. The hardest part of the job was to encounter coyotes, wild dogs and the gossip. I learned from management to keep my mouth shut and not to complain about anything. The co-workers were not friendly, and were uptight to newbies. The team leads were instructed to show me how to send reports and didn't follow through. The most enjoyable part of the job was Thursdays and pay days.
Pros
Pay days and 4-day weeks
Cons
Co-workers, management and wild animals.
Dynamic work environment.
Agricultural Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 11, 2013
A typical day would start with a morning meeting between field staff and management. Managers would discuss any new goals, information, or changes to regulation. Field staff were organized into teams of two, who would independently plan a route of an assigned area. The team would prepare for the day, gather required materials and head out into the field. As a team we would perform regulatory inspections of establishments under compliance. My co-workers were a mix of people there just for a job and people who were over qualified for the job. The CDFA environmental scientists (managers) had good intentions, but often times seemed not to understand information being presented to them, as well as being unable to answer questions asked of them. The hardest part of the job was working in extremely hot outdoor conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently in a dynamic workplace (the field).
Pros
Dynamic work environment
Cons
Horrible health care
Mediocre place to work.
Agricultural Technician (Former Employee) –  Winterhaven, CAMarch 17, 2013
A typical day consists of random and routine inspections of personal and commercial vehicles carrying produce and agricultural commodities that can harbor threatening agricultural pests. I learned a lot of agricultural codes according to California Department of Food and Agriculture. Management was real easy to work with and understanding. Co-workers were very easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was having to remember each and every agriculture code. The most enjoyable part was meeting people.
Pros
easy work environment, meeting people
Cons
no good benefits, no paid sick time separate from vacation time, not enough paid holidays.