COOPERATIVE HOME CARE ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

Great work environment, but not enough work hours
HHA (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Great work environment, but not enough working hours. Mangers were very easy and understanding to certain situations involving the clients. The clients for the most part were easy to get along with.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Beautiful work environment with different cultural diversity.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work, is when the patient is really sick and don't want to see nobody for that day. very good environment, respectful patient.This job requires strength, both physically and emotionally . Work night consist of long hours on your feet and possible heavy lifting, as well as the emotional stress of working with sick and elderly. Because i have the passion for this job my patients make me feel wanted, and i like to see that they are well taken care of and satisfied with my services. Patient are comfortable when i am caring for them. My typical day consisted of academic, i learned that all patients can learn but they learn differently. The hardest part of the job were long hours every day. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smile on the patient and seeing improvement.
Pros
Thirty mins breaks for dinner
Cons
Thirty mins breaks
Una empresa muy buena, la cual siempre esta para ayudar y enseñar a sus empleados/as.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 10, 2017
Es maravilloso el poder tener la oportunidad de ayudar a personas discapacitadas y sacarle una sonrisa cada día. El ver que poco a poco te conviertes en parte de su familia y logras mejorar su salud.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 20, 2017
Working with cooperative home care associated was a nice experience I sow cases where I grew up like person because many time we think we are and bad situation but cooperative teach me a lot.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Healthcare
Clinicians in leadership positions
RN (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Reasonable workloads, supportive environment. Leadership works closely w/ staff, listen to concerns, cares about workers. Leadership is innovative; They try to expand & create opportunities to have enough work for the aides. Various forums to engage workers, to listen to workers, gather information to improve opportunities, benefits. They value promoting from within & developing personnel.
Pros
Great Work-life balance, great co-workers
Cons
Located in Bronx
no advance at the job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2017
there was not enought cooperation with management when you tell them about your clients and what was happening and if you can get another client. your not allowed to work more than 35 hrs per week and if you went over those hours you pay check was dispersed in two forms so that you was taxed more than just getting one check and they tell you to monitor your hours and not to go over 40
Pros
non really
Cons
no overtime or paid vacations
productive and fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2017
productive and fun work place. Learn and care for your clients sometimes to personal level love what i do. loving helping and putting a smile on clients face.
Teaching school
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2017
Company is a good company to start off with, it has the 1199 union. There are classes certified on a monthly basis. They offer you the opportunity to become a worker /owner in the company.
Pros
Metrocards provided
Cons
Not enough jobs
quick pace
Payroll Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 7, 2017
quick pace work place, must be willing to work as customer service.
friendly people,involved management
totally open floor plans
location is not the best
Blessings
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 8, 2017
Is Always A Blessing To Take Care Of Others, That Are In Need. Is Always A Good Thing To Communicate With Elders and Learn a Little About Them & Their Past Life.
Pros
Helping Someone In Need Is A Blessing
Cons
Short Breaks
good
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 26, 2017
fun place to work. They treat people fairly. They pay people decently and give them good benefits, including not only decent healthcare but other even rarer essentials, like paid parental leave. And they use lay-offs as a last resort.
Pros
friendly managment
Good Job Rude Workers
Home Health Aide/ PCA FT & PT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 20, 2017
this job was great loved , encouraging people in need , sometimes I would go to different clients and its good to see you put a smile on someones face and made they day
Pros
love the clients, great benefits
Cons
short cases
A Company That Cares
System Verification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Great management and work culture; however, there are minimal opportunities for growth within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who actually care about the clients and society.
Great company
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I love working for Cooperative Home-care
It is privilege for me to wake up every morning to go to work to help those who are in need of home care. I enjoy every moment of it.
Pros
Great benefits
This company is very good
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2017
In my review always they said good things about me I was a good worker always the patient said I am good worker a lot complishement about me
Pros
They provided free supplies to work with patiens
Cons
They dont provided have break because te hha work with patiens in their house
Promotion based on how Senior Management Likes You not based on Job Performance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 25, 2016
Treats customers (patients) and the field staff rudely. A lot of gossip in the office. Most mornings staff members spent talking to each other. Office Staff does not pick up phone calls. Senior Management preferred to hear employees personal information.
Excellent
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2016
Great Company to work. i recommend this beautiful company to any body who like home care field . good place to star. good hours ,good benefit package.
Pros
Good service
Great for gaining experience in the workfield
Home Health Aide (HHA) (PCA) - Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 15, 2016
Assist with personal care, dressing, laundry, transfers from bed to wheelchair, mounting wheelchair to vehicles and public trasportation - Light housekeeping - Medication management under direction of physician - Assisted patient with money management under supervision - Ran errands for patient - Meal preparation - Motorized wheelchair care and hygiene - Checked vital signs and glucose on a daily basis - Observed, recorded and reported patients health changes to my supervisor - Accompany patient to Doctor visits
Pros
insurance and metrocard discounts, union
Cons
low hours
I am very pleased
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2016
I enjoy working with this company they work with me, keep me well trained. The hours are flexible . I do 12 hours a day for 3 days. Get paid weekly . The inservice keeps us updated to better handle clients and there needs . We are supplied with gloves and hand soap .
Pros
Company ownership
productive work place
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 15, 2015
My typical day at work was to greet my co-workers and start working on my computer. Everyday we always had hundreds of emails to open and response with follow up. The hardest part of the job was making sure the responsible person was notified regarding any changes in the members case. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the worker and the member was a good match for each other.
Pros
Coaching sessions
Cons
too many emails