Coopersurgical Employee Reviews

Over worked and under appreciated
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TrumbullJanuary 31, 2019
Place works you like a dog and didn't care about you. Used you until you quit. Don't go there. They use temps like toilet paper. Only good thing about the company was the pay
Pros
Pay
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 17, 2019
Management structure was not well defined. Systems were antiquated and not user friendly

Mid Level Managers need people development training to b taken serioisly
Interesting Place to Work, Stable Company but Not Big on Advancement
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 1, 2018
I've been with the company for over 10 years and have seen it grown from one building to three. For some departments, it is a great company to work for but it is definitely dependent on the type of manager you work under.

For hourly people, it is very hard to advance unless you are someone's favorite. If you have a mentor with clout then you are golden. However, if someone feels slighted by you, it will be hard to advance. There is too much ambiguity and little support if you have a weak manager. Some departments actually get upset when someone wants to advance because they expect a person to simply stay in one position.

Thankfully, there have been some management changes so some departments are starting to have clear benchmarks and levels within positions but unfortunately, some departments are very adverse to change. Within a few years, I believe that the departments will not be so dysfunctional but as for now, there are some growing pains.
Pros
Very good health coverage, HSA cash incentive, free coffee, 15 days vacation to start.
Cons
Depending on your manager, no support and unclear objectives.
Prefer not to comment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 22, 2018
Communication is very poor. Long hours and no recognization.

Very stressful environment and management takes a back seat to what is going on.

Currently doing the job of a manager with a senior A/P title, which was changed recently from supervisor with same responsibilites.
Change is hard
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 19, 2018
Change can be hard but when both companies are busy fighting the change on both sides it makes it hard for the employees trying to do their job. Being a satelite location makes this even more difficult.
Great place to work.
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits including healthcare with low employee contributions, vacation, 401K, pension plan and on-site gym with trainer on staff. Nice facilities with open areas, although a little crowded. Cafeteria with hot and cold breakfast/lunch served daily, subsidized by the company. Management cares about employees.

Would definitely recommend CooperSurgical.
Pros
Insurance benefits, pension plan, on-site gym, employees
Cons
Workload is very heavy at times
Awesome place to work - IT department
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 21, 2018
I was just let go because of being inexperienced, so to speak.

Regardless, I'm happy to say it was a great two months working there. The company offers a variety of outstanding benefits and compensation is good. My colleagues were fun to work with for the most part.

Overall I'd rate my experience a 4 out of 5.
Pros
compensation, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
sarcastic co-workers
Was a great company to work for
Patient and Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MI 48170May 26, 2018
Worked along side amazing and talented co-worker. CooperGenomics provided amazing benefits way beyond what is considered the normal standard. Loved helping our patients build healthy families.
Good experience
Buyer/Planner (Production Planner) (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 30, 2018
Good people, good pay, interesting work, global exposure.Great benefits, including paid time off, insurance. Many health perks for employees. Overall good experience.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 20, 2018
On a typical day I would transfer and update information for training programs for management training. Assisted with several projects within the HR department.

The environment is very open and collaborative.
Pros
Healthy lunch selection and on site gym
Cons
Low income for interns
Great Benefits
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 15, 2018
I've been at this company almost 13years and this has been a great place to work until recently - a new plant manager was introduced and things started to go downhill.
Work place
Territory Manager/Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 12, 2018
The workplace culture at CooperSurgical was very professional. I was there 20 years. I met many great people over the years. Some are hourly and upper management folks. I still stay in touch with some of them. The job taught me many things. For instance, I had to learn early on how to manage such a vast territory and not let the territory over run me. I learned how to manage my time more wisely and also when to say No to a customer that needed me to be there right away. That was the hardest thing to say to a customer. I had to look at what was more cost effective for my budget when having to travel. One of the most enjoyable things about the job was having so many meaningful relationships with so many customers.
great job
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 4, 2018
cooper surgical was a great work place . I learned a lot there . I would love to go back .Staff was very helpful and respectful . Food wasnt expensive but was very good.
Fast-paced and collaborative workplace with amazing people
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 1, 2018
Small company feel with large company money - a unique opportunity. Absolutely love the people I work with. The work is fast-paced and demanding, but I would do it 1,000 times over for CooperSurgical. They have given me so many opportunities to learn and grow as an Engineer I in R&D, and they provide amazing benefits and a collaborative environment. Management asks a lot of their employees, but is very supportive.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, Pension, Supportive Management, healthcare benefits are fantastic
Cons
somewhat slow to promote
fast pace
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 23, 2018
running the everyday tasks of warehouse,

ship and receive, stocking, replenishing, inventory cycle counts

drive forklift, pulling orders.verify and sign orders.
Pros
small place
Cons
had to move to denmark
Sales Representative
Sales Representative - NC and SC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2017
This was a great job but management was not the greatest. My boss got thrown out of my number one account. The representatives I was working with were great.
Cooper Surgical is stable with good benefits.
Molecular Scientist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 29, 2017
Cooper Surgical provides very good benefits, 401k, and pensions after working there for a certain amount of time. It is a large and stable company with a helpful HR department and IT department if there are ever any questions or problems.
awesome place to work
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTNovember 29, 2017
Game room and fitness center is amazing! Yoga classes before work help to promote a more balanced work life. updated cafe is very inviting feel great.
Pros
free lunches and yearly golf outings
Cons
short break no advancements
Reprogenetics was a poor purchase by Cooper
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJOctober 6, 2017
I am reviewing the site at Livingston NJ. It was formally known as Reprogenetics.

There is extreme micromanagement where it disrupts workflow. There is no trust in the associates. There is no ownership of work being performed. All issues are resolved by contacting outside vendors, in turn slowing down processes, and ignoring experienced associates knowledge. It undermines purpose and motivation.
Hypocritical statements and actions abound in management.

There is no extra compensation working holidays or extra time. No, time and a half. You are expected to be in during weather emergencies, such as storms and blizzards. Agan, there is no extra compensation in the form of money or extra time off. Be prepared to work on Thanksgiving or Christmas, or other major holidays.
There has been no increase in salary. There is no end of year bonus.
Individuals are exempt from rotating weekend and holiday schedules because of personal relationships.

The social atmosphere is political and immature. It's a nasty and scandalous environment- with some employees who have jobs based on who they know or their interactions with them.

Accomplishments are recognized in the form of motivation printouts. There are no incentives for going above and beyond.
Pros
Meager desk area to work and shared bench space.
Cons
No bonuses or extra time off.
Very bad managment
Design Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 2, 2017
I was a contractor there briefly (by my own volition) and did not appreciate my supervisor at all. He was physically over my shoulder looking at my 3D renderings and pushing me to work faster. Constantly hovering! I quit to get away from him.
Pros
NoNe
Cons
Management!!! or lack there of.