Coopersurgical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 20, 2018
On a typical day I would transfer and update information for training programs for management training. Assisted with several projects within the HR department.

The environment is very open and collaborative.
Pros
Healthy lunch selection and on site gym
Cons
Low income for interns
Work place
Territory Manager/Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 12, 2018
The workplace culture at CooperSurgical was very professional. I was there 20 years. I met many great people over the years. Some are hourly and upper management folks. I still stay in touch with some of them. The job taught me many things. For instance, I had to learn early on how to manage such a vast territory and not let the territory over run me. I learned how to manage my time more wisely and also when to say No to a customer that needed me to be there right away. That was the hardest thing to say to a customer. I had to look at what was more cost effective for my budget when having to travel. One of the most enjoyable things about the job was having so many meaningful relationships with so many customers.
Fast-paced and collaborative workplace with amazing people
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 1, 2018
Small company feel with large company money - a unique opportunity. Absolutely love the people I work with. The work is fast-paced and demanding, but I would do it 1,000 times over for CooperSurgical. They have given me so many opportunities to learn and grow as an Engineer I in R&D, and they provide amazing benefits and a collaborative environment. Management asks a lot of their employees, but is very supportive.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, Pension, Supportive Management, healthcare benefits are fantastic
Cons
somewhat slow to promote
fast pace
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 23, 2018
running the everyday tasks of warehouse,

ship and receive, stocking, replenishing, inventory cycle counts

drive forklift, pulling orders.verify and sign orders.
Pros
small place
Cons
had to move to denmark
Reprogenetics was a poor purchase by Cooper
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJOctober 6, 2017
I am reviewing the site at Livingston NJ. It was formally known as Reprogenetics.

There is extreme micromanagement where it disrupts workflow. There is no trust in the associates. There is no ownership of work being performed. All issues are resolved by contacting outside vendors, in turn slowing down processes, and ignoring experienced associates knowledge. It undermines purpose and motivation.
Hypocritical statements and actions abound in management.

There is no extra compensation working holidays or extra time. No, time and a half. You are expected to be in during weather emergencies, such as storms and blizzards. Agan, there is no extra compensation in the form of money or extra time off. Be prepared to work on Thanksgiving or Christmas, or other major holidays.
There has been no increase in salary. There is no end of year bonus.
Individuals are exempt from rotating weekend and holiday schedules because of personal relationships.

The social atmosphere is political and immature. It's a nasty and scandalous environment- with some employees who have jobs based on who they know or their interactions with them.

Accomplishments are recognized in the form of motivation printouts. There are no incentives for going above and beyond.
Pros
Meager desk area to work and shared bench space.
Cons
No bonuses or extra time off.
Nothing special about CooperGenomics
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Incompetent management all the way around! CooperGenomics. Not transparent. Make up rules along the way to suit the company. They could care less about employees.
Pros
Decent health benefits
Cons
Incompetent management - back stabbing.
Great Supervisors in Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Really enjoyed my time at Cooper Surgical. . Always new things to learn. Great people to work with. Loved my Supervisor. We were like a family. Hated to leave
Lacks innovation and good pay
Corporate Account Director (Current Employee) –  West Region of the U.S.August 7, 2017
Not a very progressive company as it relates to sales methodology and sales systems. No CRM so communication is very bad. not the best paying company
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Poor systems
Overall, a good place to work in most departments
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 28, 2017
I like the job but we have a10 day close with long hours. I now have a two year old child so I'm now looking for a job with a 40 hour week most weeks. Also, I'm looking for an increase in salary due to having a child.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Have to work through lunch most days
There was an unwelcoming, even hostile atmosphere.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJanuary 21, 2017
The departments whom I was to generate statistics on was openly hostile to any sort of reporting on how the company was doing with regards to Quality initiatives. I was openly criticized; however, when I could not single-handedly make the bottom-line better. Not a company that understands that "quality can only be built in, not inspected in".
Pros
Nice office away from hostile manufacturing managers
Cons
Being ignored to the point of feeling invisible, miserable pay rate with constant promises of more compensation.
Overall the job flexibility, highest quality of products, non micromanager, healthcare benefits were the best qualities of the company
Territory Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego thru Orange CountyMay 9, 2016
A typical day was traveling to customer, discussing products or doing procedures with customer. I learned how to be an active listener to discern what the customer needed and then align our product with their need. I worked the best with managers who allowed me to work outside the box and call on them when I needed them. My co-workers were in other territories but we would call and meet at different places to connect and help each other out. The hardest part of the job was the traffic but the best part was interacting with the customers and helping them find the right product to help their business.
Pros
flexible schedule, health benefits, non micromanagers
Cons
effective training, salary, job advancement opportunities
Management is distant from employees.
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Downstream marketing duties comprised most of a typical day.
I learned how to work with all types of people.
Management was distant and inaccessible.
My co-workers worked very independently with little collaboration.
The hardest part of the job was the corporate culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity.
Pros
Gym
Cons
No time to use gym.
CooperSurgical
Certified Surgical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
I love this company and everything about it! I have done well, I have grown as a representative, learned from my colleagues and had great support. I will continue to give 150% to Cooper until the right move is available and I have done everything I can for them.

I am sad though that as I am making a move to the Boston area, due to my husbands job relocation and to be closer to family, that Cooper cannot relocate me at this time due to headcount issues and distributor contracts. So I am now looking for a company that can provide close to everything that I have been fortunate to have here at CooperSurgical.
Pros
Management, in house support, product line, territory
Cons
Compensation plan
Positive and healthy work environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJanuary 14, 2013
A typical work day included a variety of customer service based tasks that helped build team morale and communication skills. The hardest part of the job centered on mastering time management skills and the most enjoyable area of the job was based on involved customer relationships and projects.
Pros
fitness goals and flexible managers
Cons
little room for advancement
Productive challenging fun filled days
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  WI & MIJuly 11, 2012
There really is never a typical day. My days can consist of finding new businesses to start doing business with us, meeting with Doctors and Nurses to train on new capital equipment, hold residency programs, find out who my key ducision makers are, meet with purchasing to go over local pricing agreements, and do product inventory. Thats not all my days consist of there is much more then that.
Pros
meet new people, learn new things everyday, like the people and enviroment i work in.
Cons
no cons
Productive and good co-workers
Picker, Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 26, 2012
It was a good company to work for, co-workers were the best to work with..
Pros
great benefits