CooperVision Employee Reviews

Productive - fun place to work
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYJanuary 29, 2018
I called customers who were past due on their account and reviewed orders that were on credit review.

Mailed out monthly statements to customer and performed daily maintenance on the accounts
Pros
Free Coffee, close to the mall
Cons
Healthcare costs
Solid entry level job
Packager (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 27, 2018
Very relaxed paced job if you just do your job. Easy job to do and reliable pay and benefits with a stable work environment with very to little work place issues.
Pros
Seated workstations, enjoyable environment
Cons
Lower pay, long hours, 30 min lunch.
good
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2018
It was great to work at CooperVision, I learned 3 jobs, it was quick paced and competitive, friendly and fun. the coordinators are so helpful, I will recommend working there.
Pros
Estable working hours
Cons
I was a temporary employee
Opportunity to advance
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Opportunity to advance comes around often at Coopervision. I have seen alot of young people or people from other countries come to Coopervision and find a decent job with good benefits to be able to provide for their famailies.
good place to work
Senior Tooling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRJanuary 8, 2018
this was a good place to work with very good work ethics. the management is organized and they don't over stress the employee. they give you multiple projects to complete in the year and you should be able to complete them
Excellent company to work on
Sr. Engineer Designer (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRDecember 18, 2017
Very solid company with a very good culture and developing opportunities. Has excellent benefits and very well prepared people. Payment is not the best but competitive.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Payment
Fun workplace
Manufacture &production of contact lenses (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, NYDecember 14, 2017
I came upon this position on a whim. A friend of mine worked there and told me how much she enjoyed her employment there. She wasn't kidding! Cooper is a fantastic company with fun co-workers and great supervisors and managers. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free coffee
Great
EHS (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRNovember 21, 2017
It was a great experience, although I was not a regular employee, I only practiced university, even though I knew what a real work area was and I could see how a successful and global company like that works.
uninviting
Machine operator /inspector (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, NYNovember 21, 2017
The wait to be converted to a permanent employee took to long.
the work was simplistic. I enjoyed what i did, but I needed benefits and they don't offer benefits to temporary employees.
Pros
uncomplicated
Cons
the conversion to become a permanent employee
could be a nice place to work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, NYNovember 15, 2017
Temporary employees should be treated as if they were not temporary, many complained they did the senior employees work for them, so the senior employee could hang out with the supervisors or do nothing.
Pros
facile
Cons
salary
Great Place to Work
Sr. Quality Improver (Current Employee) –  Juana Díaz, PROctober 19, 2017
It is a very good work environment. Its fast-paced but not overwhelming. Pay is average for the industry and the location. Management is strict but fair and truly cares about employees.
Pros
Solid company, great work culture, great people.
Cons
Pay is average, apraisal process is cumbersome
I would go back to work for CV in an NY minute.
Facility Manager I (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 8, 2017
Coopervision close their operation in Norfolk Va. and moved to the UK and PR. This was a great place to work, I miss CV and my fellow workers. CV ranks very high in my favorite places to work.
Pros
Good people and interesting process.
Cons
It was in old down town Norfolk
Fun and challenging place to work
Marketing Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 3, 2017
I was always challenged and I learned a lot. There was never a dull moment as an analyst that challenged my skills and pushed my boundaries to develop myself.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Advancement
Kits
Kits (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something long term there're plenty of opportunities for advancements, fun environment to work in.
Pros
Basketball court, Food court, Benefits
Cons
Temp-to- hire
N/a
Collaboration in the area of RA / QA (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRSeptember 10, 2017
excellent place to work. nice company. Knowledge sampling and preparation of samples and purification. amazing job for the new people that really love their carriers.
relaxed at times and intense at others
Class A Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, NYAugust 14, 2017
never new what you would be working on next , to be open to learn, pretty good,all about quality,being able to drop one job to go to another,resolving a problem
Pros
great benifits
Cons
lots of rules
Old style Management
HR Consultant - I/O Psychology (Current Employee) –  Scottsville, NYAugust 11, 2017
Old style management, dictatorship style, very talented people but not able to capitalize on strengths. Most people have been here for their entire career, which eliminates the opportunity for new thought processes.
Pros
Nice poeple
Cons
management
Control Technichan I (Former Employee) –  Juana Díaz Municipio, PRJuly 27, 2017
The culture of the company is very pleasant and the performance of each is admirable. The function and dedication is the most promordial for me. Work in a healthy environment with good vibes.
Not Bad at All
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYJuly 17, 2017
Great people, good place to work, but not many paths to advancement in the organization. Good business culture overall, good place to start a career.
Good Benefits
Manager - Materials Preparation (Current Employee) –  Scottsville, NYJuly 10, 2017
Good benefits, little chance for advancement, D&C Top Workplace for benefits, busy during work hours making days go fast, good people to work with, management is new

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CooperVision. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight