Coordinated Health Employee Reviews

Steady work, great pay
Solution Center Agent, Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA 18020August 7, 2018
The work is steady, Pay is good. Lots of opportunities to switch positions if you so desire. Management seems to shift to new people very often but there are a lot of core workers that make up the long term staff of the hospital and clinics. These are the good people to work with and what keep the company going as well as it has.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, good pay
Cons
always seem short staffed
Run the other way
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 7, 2018
Awful. Very top heavy company. Look at the amount of positions opened. You will notice that these positions keep re appearing because they can't keep help. Young Incompetent managers who have no clue what is going on. They encourage outsiders to apply to their trainee program which is also a joke. The great managers all left and went to competition. The grass may not be greener on the other side but it's only green at coordinated health because its filled with well putting it nicely....fertilizer.... awful benefits unless you treat at coordinated health. God forbid an emergency happened you wouldn't be able to go to the hospital and afford it. Majority of the doctors treat you awful and talk down to you. Maybe this would be a good gig short term for your resume but dont make a career out of here unless you also are planning to apply for state assistance. It saddens me because when I 1st started here it was a family now it is all about the almighty dollar and numbers.
Pros
Pto
Great place to work .
Tech partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 7, 2018
Really enjoyed my time here . fast paced. The days usually flew by. Great co workers. Ibwormed in both pre and post op so it kept you busy . the patients were nice as Well.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Insurance
Blood, sweat, and tears
Physician extender (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 18, 2018
I worked at CHS for 8 years. In the beginning, it was a great high potential employer. As soon as the CEO gave up his surgeon scrubs, it turned into a nightmare. High turnover in administration (some lasting only 2 months), 2-3 years of embarrassing to no raises, and company morale sinking to an all time low. If it wasn't for the great people and doctors that I worked with, this job would have been unbearable.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new skills, great coworkers, respectable PTO
Cons
Morale, pay, management, administrators, patients, short to no lunches
Apply Here
Technical Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 8, 2018
Working at CH is one of the best jobs that you can have. They offer set scheduled, no weekends worked due to having an appropriate weekend staff, and they show appreciation to their employees.
Anytime management turnover is too high there is no consistency in the Mantra and the goals of the company my hours were cut by 50% with no notice
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2018
You are not encouraged to speak freely about policies without being reprimanded. It is not what you know but who you know. Management not trustworthy.
High stress level, low pay rate, understaffed and lack of strong work ethics
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAJanuary 29, 2018
You never get lunch and they still deduct 30 minute from your pay. Pay rate does not fit the workload. Very under paid. Management gossips about staff and nothing is confidential. God for bid if you want to use your PTO.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Low pay for workload
overall good workplace
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 15, 2018
benefits aren't bad
pay is ok
office environment is friendly
I had the opportunity to advance a little but reached plateau
multiple locations, each office has it's own culture
6 years down the drain
MA (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 21, 2017
When I first started at CH I started front desk. I loved my job. At that time. Things had quickly changed 5 years on from that point. Lots of new faces in HR...big turnover. Makes you wonder if Hr wont stay long. The 'originals' that have been with CH FOR years are long gone. There's cliques and stuck up staff. Management is a joke. Almost all the 'big dogs' have NOOO clinical experience nor schooling. Which is hysterical. The call center is terrible. They give NON CLINICAL people clinical MANAGEMENT positions. It is quite scary. I loved the Dr I worked for, but after 6 years and I was making $1 more than when I started....I left. I would come in early, stay late, never called off, worked through lunches...for what? No appreciation. No care in retention and are just a number here.
Pros
A job if youre desperate
Cons
Pay, breaks, turn over, management, everything
A great place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2017
Productive and fun workplace but never would work 40 hrs a week.
We saw about 25 to 30 patients a day.
I learned front office (billing)
Insurance verification for patients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks
No communication with staff and people just stayed to themselves.
Physiatry and Chiropractic Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 3, 2017
Stressful work environment not enough hours, did learn from the doctors but no team work and a lot of clicks. If you needed help with a project or with a patient there was no one available.
Pros
Cons
Being there
Used to be great
CBO (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PAOctober 17, 2017
After many, many years of working here and putting in my hardworking, dedicated time...I decided to leave CH and go to another company. CH is not what it used to be. Full of drama, inexperienced managers who are not qualified, and terrible healthcare benefits. Enormous turnover rates and the employees are not paid enough for the work they do.
Pros
Some wonderful coworkers
Cons
Terrible management
My review
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 15, 2017
I can tell that racism is definitely alive and present in Coordinated Health. You are targeted for things that are outside of your control and disciplined for others mistakes, even with undisputable evidence.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inadequately staffed, training needs improving
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wind Gap, PAOctober 6, 2017
Management was always yelling at employees for over time. Hours were constantly changing. Very Difficult company to work for. You are not treated fairly.
Coordinated Health
Surgery Scheduler/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 6, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Coordinated Health. I have worked here for 16 years. I have been working the early morning shift since February 2017. Early shift meaning 4 AM to 12:30 PM. I am looking for a job with normal hours.
Fitness/Sports Training
Fitness Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 29, 2017
Great place for clients in corrective exercise training; especially after an injury of any level; in an orthapedic setting. Offers off-site athletic training. Cons: small space of training & only one location, below average employee pay, no advancement.
Not the place for me
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 5, 2017
Coordinated Health is not a employee friendly atmosphere. The reason I stayed so long was because of the flexible work schedule I had. There are too many doctors and you are just a number unlike LVPG Ortho, It also felt like you were on an assembly line when you were in the office. You just went from one area to the next, not knowing what you were going to be doing next.
I however did like my job. It gave me great satisfaction knowing I was the go to person for my particular physician, His patients knew this too.
My boss was exceptional/ He was kind, understanding and always willing to help you figure things out.
Excellent Coworkers but management sucks!
RN (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 2, 2017
We have been thru 4 or 5 managers in the last 8 years I have been here and we can not seem to get any one who knows how to run an OR! They play favorites and if you are not one of them or if you disagree slightly with what is said, you're "punished" in a passive aggressive manor. Rules are always changed and assignments are made to benefit the favorites which are always the ones who do the least and the people that do what needs to be done or always do their job as they should, end up being screwed over. The manager will gossip with other employees and talk about them with other employess. It is NOT a fair environment to work in and it feels like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Most coworkers are friendly and feel like family.
Cons
Management is immature, unfair and doesnt know the job well enough.
Good place to grow
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 17, 2017
CHS has grown a great deal over the past decade in many very positive ways.
Management has gotten even better, as is the appreciation of the employees.
Great experience!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 14, 2017
I was able to shadow multiple health care providers such as receptionists, medical assistants, technicians, physician assistants, doctors in the clinic and operating room, and physical therapists. Then I was able to meet with a research assistant to develop my own literature review paper.