CoorsTek Employee Reviews

Ok
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 11, 2018
Coorstek was fine. Atmosphere was usually relaxed since it takes time to mold, fire & finesse a huge ceramic beam.
Management was fine as well. They seem to communicate well with the associates like myself.
A typical day was usually slow as we managed the kilns that fired the ceramics. And when there were cooled down kilns and ceramic fixtures to move, time went accordingly. Management was basically hands off and let us do our job. It was nice to be treated as an adult.
The hardest part was the physicality of working with the kilns. Very physical & sweaty.
Pros
Decent hours for work & home life balance. Competitive benefits.
Cons
Wage was lower than what I expected
better 40 years ago
Shrinkage Technician (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 11, 2019
When I started it was an entirely different company with entirely different management and the way it was managed and how they thought of the employees.
It is hard to do this for this particular company because I loved it when I started, I was there for approximately 37 years. I learned so much, I am thankful for my time there.
It changed just like the rest of the world has and some of it just wouldn't work for myself.
I had the experience but not the higher education that was needed for advancement or just moving on to something different at the end of my time there.
Pros
benefits pay
Cons
experience doesn't matter education does to advance
All in all not a bad place to work
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARNovember 13, 2018
A nice place to start. If you are trying to create a career this might be a good place to do it if you are under the right supervisor. The only problems I've had in the almost four years I've been here is they only want you to know the bare minimum to complete your task. They advance the ones they like personally. They will change your hours without your knowledge of it. The supervisors are more worried about their pay and advancement than their employees. I will say that the people I worked with were easy to get along with and it has been a pleasure working next to them. The company has been making changes that look to be good for the employees, however as of now there are to many gray areas to sort it out.
Pros
Good benefits. Great staff.
Cons
Lack of advancement. Not enough pay
Not that great
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 26, 2018
Management is awful. They don't care about you.
Pay is very poor. I've worked there over a year and I just got a .50 cent raise.
they work us too hard but they don't pay nearly enough.
I think out of anything I dislike the most its the upper management. They are a bunch of mean people who really don't care about you, they just care about themselves and how they need to look good.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management does not care, poor pay, no raises, dead end job
Management and culture is the worst imaginable. Beware
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 2, 2018
You have no chance of a career. You will have no job security. This company overlooks harrassment, targeting, bullying, discrimination. They threaten employees, and give bad raises. Save your time and hard work for a better company.
Pros
Some employees are ok.
Cons
Worst place I've ever worked, management are all horrible people and bad at their jobs, HR is against the employees.
company description
Machine operator, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 11, 2018
This company has no desire to advance employees or help in any kind of way. Turnover is extremely high. Company uses employees till they are no good anymore and then they are literally done with you. Often will fire employees without just cause and out of the blue will just not put them on the schedule and will not call to say they are no longer employed. Company has been sued a number of times by employees for a hostile work environment, wage theft, denial of workmans comp issues, and many many problems.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Good place
operator 2 / trainer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 23, 2018
Coorstek taught me a lot about culture of people and how to be an adult. Dealing with 12 hour shifts and making sure you stay by your machines and get the paperwork done was very tedious that everyone complains. They have older people working there making less than new employees and wont treat new employees well. You only get a 30 minute lunch which I cant stand no more. They say theyre close people but its to corporate damand a lot and expect employees to raise the bar. Load the machine (195 parts per load) make sure that the parts are to quality standards before washing off and giving them off to washline. 15,000+ parts each night.
Pros
12hr shift gives more days off but a lot of time spent working
Cons
a lot of rules, very tedious, lots of paperwork, 12hr overnight and only a 30minute lunch
Excellent manager, wonderful people, great location
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 27, 2018
One of the best places personally I have ever worked .great people. My immediate Supervisor was wonderful.A little more attention and money could be spent on equipment but overall good atmosphere overall..Nice peopie and wonderful place to work
Pros
Excellent location, nice people, great benefits, good hours
Cons
High turnover with production people.
can be fun, depends on department.
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARNovember 13, 2018
depending on the department, can be more fast paced and fun. my department is slow and requires you to stand in one spot for a few hours. I like to expand my knowledge, once i learned all i could learn, it became boring. the company cares more about production than home life. over time is sometimes mandatory and can take a huge toll on you
Pros
flexible, good benefits
Cons
too slow
Must be able to adapt in fast-paced environment
Production Operator II (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 10, 2018
Must be able to change and adapt as needed by the company, sometimes without much advance notice. Fast-paced to keep up with production requirements. Attention to detail a "must".
Pros
Benefits (401k; health, dental and vision insurance)
Cons
Physically demanding, fast paced environments with deadlines.
Not a good company
PRODUCTION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 31, 2018
lots of politics, pore management, bad home work life balance, unfriendly environment, bad training, pore compensation. But, ok benefits, 401k, and PTO.
Work was fun
Loading and unloading kiln cars (Former Employee) –  600 9th Street Golden, CoSeptember 18, 2018
Had fun working and got to meet a lot of people. The hours were good and the time off was good. i would recommend it to some one that wan't to work hard and have good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Co Workers
Good company
Cnc Machinist (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARNovember 27, 2018
Great company to work for. The hours are nice and the benefits they offer is a huge plus. The location is ok, just really not much to look forward to as far as recreational activities other than hunting...
At Coors Tek you never knew where you stand, they wield we are an "At will" Company like a double edge sword.
Casting and Firing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Coors Tek has a lot of growing to get to a top-notch company. The lack of training for new employees and the unrealistic expectation makes this company a poor performer. Work schedule expectation is a prime example of how not to treat your employee (you are paid for 40 hours a week, but expected to work 60 to 70 hours). One manage once told me he stop getting paid after Wednesday, inferring he expected the same from his subordinates. Additionally, there was no compensation for the extra hours worked. Work load and expectation often did not match, and the understanding of who is running the show was often sketchy. The weekly direction would change from day to day if not more often, depending on who thought they had the hottest issue. This made it very hard to feel secure in your position as you were not sure you were working on the right expectation. There policy for disciplinary issue were not follow fairly, so an employee may or may not have the opportunity to get back on track and improve. “At will” should not be wheeled like a bat or a club, you lose very good personnel when there’s not course allowed for improvement.
Coors Tek has a lot of potential for growth but it won’t achieve it if it continues to disregard and disrespect its employees.
Pros
lot of potential for growth
Cons
Lack of respect for personnel, no compensation for extra work, no training programs
A big mess
Water Jet Operator and Programmer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 2, 2018
Promise you promotions that you never get. Promise raises you never get. change leads,supervisors,and managers,a lot big turnover rate but they don’t seem to care.
Pros
Lot of mandatory overtime if you need it.
Cons
Lot of mandatory overtime
N/a
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2018
Nothing to say at this time. I do not wish to disclose any information at this time. There are many benefits to working for a large company and some negative things at the same time.
Cut throat and poor team
CNC Set-Up Operator (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 3, 2019
Coorstek is one of the worst places I have worked at. It is Dayshift vs Nightshift. Management is poor at best and doesn't know what's going on during nightshift. The end of the year is basically no OT. They bragged about how much money they were paying but in all actuality, they still near the bottom of pay for the field, I took almost a five dollar pay cut to go there for work life balance. Worst company I have worked for and lowest paying job I have had in 3years.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Environment, Communication, Management
Good Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 26, 2018
Every day has new task to complete. IT is never a doll day at this job. One of the hardest things to deal with in this job is the temperature working next to the ovens. but great co works allow you to complete your task and enjoy your work day with such great people.
Pros
benefits for workers
Cons
Some lazy people but not to many
decent place to work
Machine Operator III (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Coorstek the first 9 years there. The people were friendly and helpful and worked together as a team. The benefits are well worth it.
Pros
excellent benefits and fair pay
Cons
Management had their favorites who got away with not following most of the guidlines
long work days and terrible upper management
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 7, 2018
If you like mandatory long work days, interacting with clueless managers, and being mislead about the job and hours your taking on then this is the job for you. The people you work with are decent but some will throw you under the bus without hesitation. you are just another cog in the machine and first day on the job, you'll realize why they have a huge turnover rate. People there are miserable and stuck in their job positions and will bring your morale down as well. The only positive is that some managers will try and stick up for you but can't do much because their hands are tied. Seems like only way to move up in that place is to warm up to them, doesn't matter if you know the department or not. the only nice thing there was the paycheck, but that was only because you were putting in 65 hours plus into that place.
Cons
30 min lunches, terrible management, not properly trained