Coosawattee River Resort

Coosawattee River Resort Employee Reviews

It was okay for a first job. I worked night shift so I was not around most of the employees. But from I seen, it was mostly friendly there. The residents there were difficult to deal with sometimes though.
Security Departmental Manager - was a manager and not a leader... You did not hear from her unless it was negative. She had little to no respect in how she addressed the team. Several of the team were retired and held admirable positions for years. To be addressed and spoken to for example... "she didn't want to hear about schedules" etc was completely inappropriate. Her cousin who worked under her, was never reprimanded or held accountable for repeatedly calling out or being late. There was rarely a consistent schedule so that you were able to plan family time. As a college educated, retired from a University employee.. I worked because I thoroughly enjoyed the residents and have something to lend. I can report that in 13 months of full time employment, I was never late and never out for ANY reason and had to repeatedly request a set schedule and to observe 1 weekend day off. 21 times over 13 months I was asked to fill in for another employee due to call outs etc., 19 times I covered for those employees. When you 'lead' you have to hold people accountable. Work ethic was almost non existent. The job is not difficult, however every department needs a leader. Turn over (attrition rate) was awful. 9 people left for various reasons and approximately 10 were hired during the 13 months I was employed. The position is low paying, unrewarding, no upward mobility, no recognition for a job well done, no accountability for the lack of work ethic and when you think your schedule is set for a short period of time, the schedule changes.
I loved working there it. Was management that was bad if u have kids to take care of they look at you like you are crazy if its more than one day you miss
Working with other employees and assisting Property Owners with various issues. Being able to have a positive influence in different situations. I have learned about Water systems and employee management.
In short no area for growth or advance in career opportunities. A typical day included poor management choices which allows the work to feel unappreciatived. Having to work for a company that says one thing and does another drags on the productivity of the day and unfortunately I cannot say anything else.
Cons
No paid lunch, work in the rain, work with germs
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The resort will discipline lower level employees to satisfy disgruntled owners over situations that are beyond the employees control in order to avoid lawsuits
Pros
Physically easy job, fun to meet tourists
Cons
Poor equipment, employee favoritism
Beginner Company, some benefits including health, dental and vision. Also have a 401k retirement plan. If you're looking for a job that is consistent then work for Coosawattee.
Pros
Fixed Schedule
Cons
Not many raises
I learned how to do payroll on the computer and I learned also to check and see if my staff had sick time or vacation time.I approve their vacation. Doing inventory on the computer was my biggest challenge getting it done by the dead line that my new Boss wanted it.
The training program at Coosawatee is great. There's plenty of room for advancement. I've found that management is approachable. This is a job that acquires attention to details and professional manerisms. The overall feeling, though, is friendly. Co-workers are helpful and the atmosphere is laid back. Laid back doesn't mean that you shouldn't take your job seriously, though. Be ready to work. Medical benefits are really good, once you're full time. Here's another benefit...Use of indoor and outdoor pools, beautiful surroundings, wildlife, use of fitness center, recreation areas, tubing, trout streams. Yep, I'd say I really like it here. 🐻🐾🌲
Pros
Friendly staff, use of amenities
Cons
Must be able to work various shifts, fill in, and some weekends
Diverse duties, always room to learn new things. Convenient to home and familiar with all aspects of community. Supervisors are very supportive of personal as well as financial needs. Long hours and always called me to fill in as I was close to work, always said yes! People, I love all walks of life.
Pros
Diverse/Challenging
Cons
Budget cuts reduced schedule
The days went by fast I learned to communicate with people a lot better The management was ok The co-workers are great Dealing with people that didnt want to appreciate you. The people I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Hours
Cons
No lunch break
fun in the sun with an ok pay. again great for a college student who needs a part time job. management is ok
ever changing work place, overall a good place to work, great co-workers
Turn on computer, get cash drawer out. Take dues from property owners in April to June (busy time). Sell gate cards to property owners. Answer phone, write up camping reservations. A lot of multi-tasking. I learned a lot about people, how they fill about living in a gated community, the pros and cons of living in a gated community. I learnd how to work with com-pro and old computer program from the 80's. My co-workers were easy to get along with, at times a lot of drama would set in my one co-worker, and she would start some mischief. Just had to wait it out. She is no longer with there. There was no hard part of this job, it was a pretty easy job, slow days at times. Keeping busy was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
a good working enviroment
Cons
the drama