COP CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Helpful Mentors and Learning Opportunities
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 23, 2018
The people on our team do not hesitate to teach others. I have been given many learning opportunities to help further myself in my career which in turns allows me to be an asset to COP and the industry as a whole. Overall I feel like COP is structured to set employees up for success. I have had a great experience as a COP employee.
Pros
Learning opportunities and training, steady work load
Cons
Nature of work can be stressful at times
Great place ot work
Estimator (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work and learn, Stable, challenging fun projects, good pay and benefits, great work culture. One of the premier underground and Civil contractors in the Utah area.
Sr Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 21, 2018
Extreme amount of Political Gamesminship on who has what position title etc. a Company that is very willing to throw one another under the bus to help promote themselves internally within the company.

Absolutely one of the worlds WORSE company cultures ever experienced have been in this industry for 28 years primarily in the ND market spoke to many individuals in ND market about my experience at COP Construction LLC and virtually all where in disbelief at mt experience there.
Pros
Cons
TERRIBALE Comapany Culture !!!!!
Official response from COP CONSTRUCTION
June 29, 2018

Here at COP Construction we take allegations of "political gamesmanship" very seriously. We consider anything regarding our company culture as extremely important and we are always looking to improve. We invite you to contact us on our website (https://www.copconstruction.com/contact-us/) if you feel that you have insight that we may use to influence the work environment of those within our employ positively

good paying job
Supervisor Leon Shayler (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 10, 2017
It was at the refinery and it paid very well. It was a very stressful because of the nature of the work being done in the refinery with all the dangers of that environment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Get laid off
very closed minded company
Project Manager/Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTMay 19, 2017
Sr. Management has an good ol' boys mentality. This company pays good, but that is so you deal with their BS. overall work experience was poor, and not energetic.
Cons
behind the times.
Official response from COP CONSTRUCTION
July 3, 2018

COP has put a very strong focus and initiative on company culture in the past year and will continue to do so going forward. Our company goal is to make COP the best place to work for our employees and will continue to work on this each and every day. We invite you to contact us on our website (https://www.copconstruction.com/contact-us/) if you feel that you have insight that we may use to influence the work environment more positively.

It was a job
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 26, 2016
Another job I got from a Carpenter Union hiring hall. Buddy buddy type no seniority within the Union. constant lay offs unless you're a drinking buddy.
Pros
good hours and overtime
Cons
be prepared to be laid off if you're not a drinking buddy
Haul Truck Driver
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJuly 9, 2014
Go to work get in a haul truck drive it for 12 hours,Learned about coal and overburden, I really liked this job and wish I could get back on the coal mine . People I worked with were great,this job was not a hard job at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COP CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.

COP CONSTRUCTION Reviews by Location