Copart, Inc
Coronavirus update
Information from Copart, Inc:

Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

United States837 reviews
I loved my job and the people I worked with. I worked mandatory over time the majority of the almost 2 years I was there. I received an individual email late Friday telling me there was a meeting an hour after my shift the following Monday. We worked all day and an hour overtime to be told we were fired. They paid another 2 months worth but we went from all levels of work to 49 fired. fired employees
Pros
Good pay ?
Cons
They do NOT care about their employees and play favorites.
Work life balance isn’t the greatest but you are compensated handsomely for your time. My manager is the best ive worked for since retiring from the military. He supports his team and strives daily to make your life as an employee easier.
Pros
Compensation, benefits coworkers
Cons
Work life balance
They tell you they celebrate their people Then Fire 49 people then try to hire them back and the ones who didn’t get fired are expected to work at least 70 hours a week ! Mandatory!! If you can go anywhere else then do it!! ANYWHERE ELSE .
This company does not value or respect military families. We were working 65+ hours per week, and I requested two Saturdays off to attend ceremonies for my husband deploying (Saturdays were part of the overtime, and not normal schedule). I was told by our GM to "watch what I say and ask for, and two Saturdays were not possible." This company will work you into the ground, and kick you when they are done with you. As a former member of management, I felt so bad when on a daily basis I would get pulled into an office and cried to because no one felt respected and could not manage a work/life balance. The money is not worth it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No work/life balance, no proper training, and unable to communicate with upper management
On typical day to day basis the job I did was always fun and and always challenged me . I was in constant contact with customers on the phones as well as in person. The other thing i liked was the team there. We all worked together to get to the same goals everyday. The management team there was one of the best I have ever worked for. I worked at the central square location and would recommend this job to anybody that likes to work and have lots of support while working.
Pros
teamwork and great management team
Cons
The manager is rude, female bashing,unprofessional, sexist. i don't see how there hasn't been a harrasment case against him yet. talk is very inappropriate
Run don’t work there. If you want bed bugs , horrible pay and working 12 hour days this is the job for you if you are a temp you are subject to standing outside regardless of the weather (no badge). I could say more but just know. Copart only cares about Copart. You will not have any work life balance. They don’t care about the employees from the office to the yard. RUN DONT WORK THERE!
Cons
The worst company I ever worked for. They don’t care about their employees and are very racist. If you have to chose between this company and as other company. Trust me choose the other one. Tina is racist and rude. They talk about the customers and the people in the office daily and no one says a word. This company truly needs to have someone come in and teach them basic customer service skills. Even though it won’t help cause their all rude .
If you enjoy mandatory overtime 12 hour days and constant lay offs and management quiting or getting fired this is the job for you. I was lied to by hiring managers and lead supervisors. Unfortunately this company has veered very far away from the original owners values.
Working for low pay for what you do and friendship with manager. To much drama favoritism there. Waist of time. Example they dont want you and the Upper management to ride to same elevator together.Weird but saying Your the face of this company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Copart, Inc?
More pressure on interns. More than what is expected from the Interns, But it pushed to perform better in all aspects. More functional knowledge should be given to the interns.
All about numbers hurry hurry back stabbing and talk behind your back dealing with biohazard just a terrible work exp.. management will lie to you and tell you that you get a bonus and that's a lie....
I have never worked for a worst company ever! Do not apply for any job in this company!!!! Run far away!!!!!!!!!!!! This job is a soul sucking h*** hole.
No matter how much you work how many family events you loose out on this company won’t appreciate you! Your work isn’t valued and can be replaced by someone overseas or a robot! Don’t waste your time here not to mention the limited training so unless you can self teach and have the rules changed more than they should o wouldn’t even apply!
Good:There are a lot of technologies used.
Bad:

1. Most of the work was given to only one intern among five others who were provided menial support tasks. There was no evaluation for this on any basis.

2. Senior employees weren't supportive, besides having development tasks they kept them to themselves.

3. I was asked specifically for 2 semesters and so I had planned my course work at my university accordingly. At the end of first semester they didnt even consider extending without any apologies.

Besides the fact that I got the minimum financial support just enough to pay my tuition fees, there is nothing positive about my time there!

Things I learned from friends in another teams: the company thrives on work done by minimal wage interns. Keep them for as much time as they need only as interns and don't even extend an offer after they graduate.
I understand business and a company's goal is to make money and to continue to grow.
But this Proud American company is lacking in the integrity and wilfully practiced deception to the very employees that worked so very hard to keep it great.

You had loyal employees that were willing to put up with the long hours.

Disappointed when they downsized. But couple weeks later they closed our department AFTER telling us what a great job we were all doing and we would not have to worry about our jobs. They even let go the mangers that had just been transferred to our location 3 months prior.

I think the worst part was that during this pandemic, when just having a job is critically important they deliberately went the direction that they did.
Horrible treatment specifically the Gainesville location.Worst place i EVER worked at.The GM is disrespectful,possibly bi polar, rude,unapproachable a variety of things a so called Maneger should nt be. It's literally a pain working there no type of real training and still expected to know something you weren't trained on. Definitely doesnt care about employees.I promise you this isnt 0lace you d wanna w9rk
There was little to no training. The training you received was irreverent to the job. When you responded you don't know the answer to something you got told you fake it until you make it how professional is that? There was no support, no guidance and no leadership. No HR help, employees can do whatever they want.
Copart has a unique culture that is not for everyone. If your personality and work ethic does not fit with Copart, you will quickly stand out and will have a terrible time.

FAST paced environment: Many projects running currently with tight deadlines

• I see this as a great opportunity to learn new skills and improve myself. We have many examples of individuals getting hired with little to no experience but embraced the opportunity to grow and are now key team members and in some cases even leading teams themselves. (Some may see this as favoritism, but it really is just performance based)
There is favoritism, and so much drama. which includes management,
If you are not on the favorite list you will not get any opportunities to move forward. So much drama. For the amount of work expected the pay is below average.
Liked it at first but after awhile I realized it's a terrible place to work. Excessive overtime. Massive layoffs forcing the employees left to work more overtime. Magagement turnover is insane. Pay could better. Raises are only 2%.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.4
2.3
2.6
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Copart, Inc.