Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great company
LOADER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 21, 2018
The work was fast paced and often stressful. The benefits they offered were very good, and there was plenty of room for advancement. The pay seemed a little low at every title compared to the work load, but in a recession that was a positive. There was plenty of room on the ladder for people who would stick it out.
Pros
Good benefits and future
Cons
A bit over worked for the pay
NOC operations
Network Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 16, 2018
I describe my job at Copart as one of a firefighter. There is a lot of down time, but when a "Denial of Service" attach happens its all hands on deck.
Horrible workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Collins, GAMay 12, 2018
The reason I stated it was horrible is because if you have anything personal that comes up and you need to be there; they’ll put against you and end up firing you. They don’t care whether your mom, dad, brother, grandma, daughter, or whoever dies in your family. The coworkers who are above you will tell you certain things that’s unfair.
Copart.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 2, 2018
I haven't even been with this company a full year and I have already had three raises including a promotion. I currently have 55 hours vacation and 24 sick time. With my position at copart I get to work by myself, which is really nice. There is so much to learn in this company though. The training honestly is not the best.. but if you learn fast and grasp new things easy then this will be a piece of cake job for you. I believe it pays alright for the type of office work it is. It's a great place to get your foot in the door to the automotive industry. They have family fun days and parties and events all the time. They do expect you to be on time each and everyday. It's true there can be a lot of old women drama, but if you mind your own buisness and do your work you will be good. After all, you're there to make money not friends. Also If management does not like you they will try their best to make you either quit or get fired. And if you call out over something stupid, trust me the miserable fake women that usually work here will talk hella smack about you behind your back.
Pros
Free food, decent pay, casual environment, unique co workers
Cons
Drama, stressful sometimes, never get any half days
Fast paced environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA/Sun Valley/Rancho CucamongaMay 2, 2018
Great company to work for. No matter if starting off at entry level position or onboarding higher up Copart will invest in your training and success. Great pay, benefits and people.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long hrs/weekend work/alarm call responses
Fun atmosphere with Co workers
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
Management is under micromanaging;
The atmosphere is tense, under these conditions you dread to go into work, the only happy part are the Clients.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Management currently Micro management:
blah
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCApril 25, 2018
You can not move up in this company. The Managers suck. They play favorites with certain people and choose less trained people to fill positions instead of more trained employees
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 24, 2018
This office was a wonderful place to work. We worked any and all hours as needed so it was difficult to balance work and home life. I learned a great deal in my career at Copart and would recommend the job for anyone who is a hard worker and not afraid to work the hours.
Drama Filled/Poorly Ran
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, MSApril 22, 2018
This job is similar to being in high school again. Drama filled, poorly ran, over worked and under paid. Nobody works together as a team and there is always some type of drama going on. They cannot keep good help because the people who have been there for years run them off. If you are looking for a temporary job this is perfect. If you are looking for a company to grow with stay away
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Drama filled, no job security
Pretty terrible overall
Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2018
Not my favorite job. Very corporate and stuffy. Congress people in the office receiving checks all the time and taking photos around the office was strange.

Want to know more about Copart, Inc?

Ask a question
Get ready to do your managers job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTApril 18, 2018
Get ready to do your managers job. GM and supervisors constentley make their underlings do their bidding. It is even spelled out in the handbook what the managers are suppose to do. Even though it is in handbook management still makes entry level employees handle all the dirty work.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
low pay
Not great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJApril 18, 2018
Not a great place to work. The Hillsborough office is run terribly. There are cliques which makes it difficult to do a good job. I got out of there as soon as I could.
Terminated before I started
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 17, 2018
A huge lack of communication. Claim they sent emails and texted but they have no proof. they will terminate you after they extend your offer before your first day.
Employment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Aloton,ILApril 17, 2018
Hours Monday thru Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, The employees we great people to work with. I would recommend them to others. Very busy office and it was a very Professional work place.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks 1 hour for lunch
Cons
Medical, Dental, Life insurance, and 401k
Horrible
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIApril 16, 2018
Horrible! Used me for a month then let me go. No training at all. Nobody knew what they were doing unless they were there for a while. I would not advise you to get a job here.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Super busy but lacking training
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 14, 2018
This is a very fast paced job. You literally have to learn on your toes you CANNOT slack off what so ever. Training is very lacking even if they want to train you more they will not be able to since they are short staffed. Whenever you make a mistake you will receive a “friendly” email from management and the office manager in Santa Paula rose telling you what you did wrong etc. this company does not have a call center so the income volume is HUGE . You need to be prepared to answer phones constantly. Great job with great benefits but if you are not prepared to work constantly at a fast pace then this NOT for you
Pros
Free lunches paid holidays mon-Friday schedule
Cons
Fast paced hardly any training gossipy older women
No response
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 10, 2018
I was happy with my job and then my position was being taken away so I had to learn a new position that I was not at all interested in. I would come in every morning and input checks into the there data system. I loved it. The environment was a little much but I was good with just fitting in. A lot was happening during that period of my life and I know that's not an excuse but I don't approve of the way they handled things. But I'm ready to move on work hard and find a company willing to use all my skills I have to help me succeed.
Co part
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmer, TX 75172April 6, 2018
Very good company to work for there is a lot team leaders to get the job done and also to help our clients to provide all the services they need with a smile and understand the important to our customer
Copart
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
I like it there sometimes, the GM was a mess and very unprofessional. It was a good family feeling there most of the time if you were liked! The pay was decent
toxic work environment
Customer Ser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2018
The women in that office are gossipy and unprofessional. Will do what they want or need to get you out of they do not like you, very cut throat!! The pay was decent, and it might be an okay place if you can eat sleep and breathe copart but watch your back and dont get comfortable.
Pros
decent pay with plenty of overtime
Cons
management is VERY cut throat and unproffessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight