Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Loader (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 17, 2018
Average work day consisted of loading and unloading vehicles and placing them in sales row with a CAT 931 forklift. Loved the job! Management was good!
Pros
Mon- Fri
Cons
Fast pace goal oriented environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJuly 9, 2018
I loved working here. It was fast-paced and very goal oriented regarding "yard" stats. The management was very open to you for questions, and they recognized the hard work and stress of meeting stats with rewarding lunches and other incentives.

Does not have many opportunities for on-site advancement.
Pros
Open office that promoted teamwork, open door policy, flexibility
Cons
Pay, low raise cap, management does not communicate well, lack of advancement opportunites
Worked outside in all climates of weather
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 7, 2018
This job is an excellent job for young adults who just graduated from high school. I learned the companies process that they go by in seeing whether a wrecked vehicle is able to be resold.
Pros
I worked well with my boss and coworkers
Cons
Certain climates of weather sometimes can affect your allergies
You make friends with regular customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
Although this job can be stressful, the people you work with make it worth it. There are also regular customers that you make friends with and make it fun.
Pros
Hour lunch, overtime opportunity
Cons
Stressful
The bar is always higher.
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 27, 2018
The Company has high standards and exerts high pressure from the top down to meet those standards across the board at every location. This is a very positive motivator to maintain standards, performance and consistency.
Pros
Excellent stock purchase program, Generally 8 to 5 Monday to Friday, Opportunities to Travel, Never a dull moment, Meet a wide variety of people
Cons
Compensation, Advancement usually requires several relocation, Extreme weather
An okay place to work, good pay, needs improvement.
Yard Agent (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJune 24, 2018
I didn't mind the hours but there were some employees including myself who were treated unfairly and management didnt seem to care. I liked the money I was making but I couldn't stand the treatment any longer.
Copart was a productive and enjoyable place to work
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2018
I loved working at Copart. I am not sure what the workplace culture is at this point. No one I worked with, including the manager, is currently working with the company. I do not have any current information about the company.
Pros
workplace culture and the company itself
Cons
high turnover rate
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Martin, CAJune 20, 2018
One of the best comanies that I've had the opportunity to work for. The work is fairly easy mainly just have to be a fast paced worker due to the amount of vehicles that enter the yard. The managers are great people, very understanding and open to any suggestions or innovations that may help the company.

If you're not afraid of the sun and you like to get your hands dirty then I would recommend applying.
Pros
Great hours, hour lunch breaks, occasional free lunch, family fun days, managers
Cons
The weather which is out of the company's control
Great Environment to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
Day at Copart consists of answering phone calls providing assistance to or customers. Providing assistance to the upper level executives and or sales team.
Organized company
TITLE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 19, 2018
I loved my job at Copart. Of course, this was over 20 years ago in El Paso TX. I had a great manager who worked well with their subordinates. I would definitely consider a position at Copart again in the future.
helpful management
Sr.Salesforce Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
It is always honour to work in copart as developer, most valuable time spent in dallas area.The employees in copart are also very friendly and work culture is also good.
n/a
DMV Title Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2018
poor management, poor training, long hours, stressful work place, no team work, horrible benefits, very unprofessional a lot of women who talk about each other all day
Pros
hours
Cons
no growth
Office friendly environment!
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Greenwell Springs, LAJune 9, 2018
A answered phones, tended to customer assistance, and type data into the computers. It was friendly going environment, but stressful at times. Management was fairly good!
Pros
Got three breaks a day!
Cons
Healthcare!
Great Company, Bad Management
Customer Service Rep (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2018
Copart is a great company to work for. Great pay, great benefits. The Executive level is very generous with employee activities and bonuses. However, the General Manager at my location is a very poor manager. She plays favorites, verbally attacks employees, takes every opportunity to demean, belittle, and insult people. Blames employees for any issue that is her responsibility. Creates a hostile work environment with her attitude and behavior. Picks on those she doesn't like while ignoring bad behavior of those she prefers.
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
A good company to work for. Some expectations are unreasonable. Super hard work. Although the starting pay is above average, increases are yearly and are usually very little.
The employees are great.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 29, 2018
The management for Copart Waco is excellent and i would not change a thing. In the short time that I was there. I grew close to everyone and found that it was a tight knit group. Loved every minute.
Pros
Small tight group, willing to work with you if there's trouble in your life.
Cons
Hot, DRY. bring lots of sunscreen, drink lots of water.
lots variety
RFP Project Management (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 23, 2018
overall ok work environment. Could spend more time with their employee development, As well more communication between management and all employees, was alway rumors on what was about to happen,
A great company
LOADER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 21, 2018
The work was fast paced and often stressful. The benefits they offered were very good, and there was plenty of room for advancement. The pay seemed a little low at every title compared to the work load, but in a recession that was a positive. There was plenty of room on the ladder for people who would stick it out.
Pros
Good benefits and future
Cons
A bit over worked for the pay
NOC operations
Network Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 16, 2018
I describe my job at Copart as one of a firefighter. There is a lot of down time, but when a "Denial of Service" attach happens its all hands on deck.
Horrible workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Collins, GAMay 12, 2018
The reason I stated it was horrible is because if you have anything personal that comes up and you need to be there; they’ll put against you and end up firing you. They don’t care whether your mom, dad, brother, grandma, daughter, or whoever dies in your family. The coworkers who are above you will tell you certain things that’s unfair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight