Copart, Inc

United States71 reviews

Found 71 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,364 reviews
yardauctionloadercarvehicletitlegmsalvage

Great team bonding

Great place to be apart of. Atmosphere is great yard manager is a good guy to work with. General manager could have a little bit more interaction with the yard crew. Pay is fair but you definitely do more without the pay to back it up.

The cold is the bad, other than that nothing bad at all, literally. Great boss and managers, awesome people there. I am proud to have worked there. I loved it.

good

Copart, Inc insights

Based on 1,024 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Horrible place to work.

The flint yard is the worst place to work I’ve ever come across. There is such a toxic work environment here with all the favoritism and special treatment some employees get. Bad behavior is reworded to those who shouldn’t still be employed. The management is absent minded and totally inapt.

What is the best part of working at the company?No benefits.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working through breaks and lunch breaks

Terrible employer

This Company is the worst company I ever had the displeasure of working for. They encourage employees to lie to customers in order to truck them into buying products. Management lies to employees about possible opportunities for advancement in the company. They change policies daily and expect people to know the new policy without any notice of change.

This place

This place has very poor & lazy management. I don’t even think they know proper procedures. Also management is to caught up in employee drama to even do what is required of them. Especially in the office.

Job description is way more than you apply for.

Not worth the pay, for the work you have to do. If they tell you your in a machine all day moving cars which I applied for, you get there and it’s a different story.

Pros

Benefits offered

They hire new, inexperienced employees at higher rates than experienced employees.

That should tell you everything you need to know about this company. They hire you at a rate and then hire people after you at a higher rate than yours and they will not adjust your pay. Also, management kept adding work without adding employees or increasing pay.

Pros

Two $25 gift cards were sometimes given out as incentives.

Cons

Toxic work culture. Management does not care about you or your input. You are not a person to them.

Poor Management

They will never close, don’t matter if it’s a foot of snow, if you just got in a car accident. Management is poor. They’ll tell you how to do your job when they don’t know how to do it themselves.

Pros

co workers great

Management sucks

Do not work here they use and abuse people. Treat you like garbage. Do not value a worker that shows up and does their job. Worst place I ever worked and due to the management.

Great work environment

Been steady and great. Management has been kind and lots of training and promotion opportunities. Staff is friendly and willing to help when needed, and free lunches bi weekly.

Pros

Free lunches and great management

Cons

None to think of

Poorly stimulating work environment

Working in constant weather elements, lack of resources, occasional mandatory 12 hour shifts, poor benefits, poor computer system. False promises, and being led on is a big part of what Copart has to offer.

Pros

2- 15 min breaks, and an additional hour lunch

They made sure that during the summer months outside employees had plenty of water sports drinks and training into the signs of heat exhaustion.

A typical day everyone had their own daily task.I learned how to communicate as a team, yet work on my own in order to get my task done, and how to recognize if one of my team members needed help, and to help them before they asked.Workplace culture was really a family feel to it. The general manager always had an open door policy. if an employee had a problem with work flow maybe becoming to much to handle, instead of getting upset with the task at hand, or weeks of seeming like there was no headway being made, that we can always come talk to him about it. Even though the task would still have to be done, knowing that you could vent those frustrations with you bosses boss was awesome.The hardest part of the job would have to be the winter months. From last October thru early April, daily assignments would go up from about 100 vehicles to be processed and row located a day, to 150 to 175 vehicles a day. Overall yard total for vehicles can go up from some 6000 cars in yard to over 8000 cars, and would max out yard capacity.The most enjoyable part of the job was every so often they would buy lunch for everybody, and on your birthday they would get you lunch from wherever you wanted. There was girt cards for holidays and gift cards for going above and beyond and helping obtain a passing score on an audits - 4 a years.

Pros

Ability to pick your grade of heath coverage. vision, dental, and healthcare insurance that would best suit your needs

Cons

Insurance companies with unrealistic expectations.

Good job

Though overwhelming at times, I love the job here and I love the management. Great work environment with people who genuinely care. Best decision ever to come work for this company.

Pros

Caring management

Very secretive workplace had no idea what the front office was doing awls I did was work the yard

The manager got us fired , He was not doing his job properly and the company came in and replaced all of us with new management a new personnel , It was a huge waste of our time

Pros

There is none

Cons

It sucks working for a company that is controlled from people from out of state

Terrible place to work

Don’t go to work for copart! They work you to death and don’t pay you a living wage! The work environment is horrible the bosses don’t know anything. They can’t keep employees because they treat you like garbage. Please whatever you do avoid Copart at all cost!

Fantastic benefits/ Work Overload

I’ve worked for Copart for 2 years now and began my journey as a Receiver. My hours were generally 8A-5P with minimal OT. I was generally praised by management and gift cards were frequently handed out for a job well done and promised a Loader Operator position as soon as one became available. Fast forward only 4 months and I was a full time loader operator. First, pay increases are sub par for the workload. I’ve never known anyone running any sort of heavy machinery for what I was paid. Second, we were forced to change locations and my life became a nightmare. Constant 50+ hours a week minimum and no ending in sight. This company cares about one thing and it’s not your safety or morale, it’s pushing more cars through and making more MONEY. Your Christmas bonus is a $50 visa gift card and that’s all you get in a year. Pay increases each year are 3 maybe 4% which isn’t terrible but if you don’t get a promotion within the company you reach a pay ceiling and you won’t get raises. Management pushes you constantly to get more done but corporate spews safety as a priority but I’m constantly loading in the black of night and moving over 120 cars a day with long hours + fatigue. Health insurance is expensive and garbage. The only bright side is the company stock program, great money to be earned that way. Stay away.

Pros

Stock Program

Cons

Long Hours, expected workload, poor pay, poor management

Good work crew, Bad policies

Copart was a good company to work with but the ever changing policies and added work with hiring as little people as possible made it difficult to work for.

Cool cars and customer horrible management

Mangers sweep everything under the rug. They put all the problems on everything else instead of solving them. You’ll get in written up for so the same thing 15 other employees do but if you are not in the click you are out

Pros

Cons

Don’t let you take your 15

Mínima a baja

No pagan bien y no cuidan al trabajador y no hay suficiente empleadores todo el tiempo salen y entran nadie aguanta el trabajo mal pagado

Pros

401 k

Cons

Los manejadores no duran en su posición porque los corren muy rápido

Ok place to work if..

If your ok with working outside in all types of weather. Management looks out for you but the pay is low and they will not budge when you ask for a raise. Hard to move up in the company inless your willing to do more work without the pay.

Pros

Dont Micromanage

Cons

Healthcare is expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Copart, Inc.
Powered byComparably