Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Portland, MIApril 16, 2018
Horrible! Used me for a month then let me go. No training at all. Nobody knew what they were doing unless they were there for a while. I would not advise you to get a job here.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
Super busy but lacking training
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 14, 2018
This is a very fast paced job. You literally have to learn on your toes you CANNOT slack off what so ever. Training is very lacking even if they want to train you more they will not be able to since they are short staffed. Whenever you make a mistake you will receive a “friendly” email from management and the office manager in Santa Paula rose telling you what you did wrong etc. this company does not have a call center so the income volume is HUGE . You need to be prepared to answer phones constantly. Great job with great benefits but if you are not prepared to work constantly at a fast pace then this NOT for you
Pros
Free lunches paid holidays mon-Friday schedule
Cons
Fast paced hardly any training gossipy older women
No response
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 10, 2018
I was happy with my job and then my position was being taken away so I had to learn a new position that I was not at all interested in. I would come in every morning and input checks into the there data system. I loved it. The environment was a little much but I was good with just fitting in. A lot was happening during that period of my life and I know that's not an excuse but I don't approve of the way they handled things. But I'm ready to move on work hard and find a company willing to use all my skills I have to help me succeed.
Co part
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmer, TX 75172April 6, 2018
Very good company to work for there is a lot team leaders to get the job done and also to help our clients to provide all the services they need with a smile and understand the important to our customer
Copart
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2018
I like it there sometimes, the GM was a mess and very unprofessional. It was a good family feeling there most of the time if you were liked! The pay was decent
toxic work environment
Customer Ser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2018
The women in that office are gossipy and unprofessional. Will do what they want or need to get you out of they do not like you, very cut throat!! The pay was decent, and it might be an okay place if you can eat sleep and breathe copart but watch your back and dont get comfortable.
Pros
decent pay with plenty of overtime
Cons
management is VERY cut throat and unproffessional
Great company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 26, 2018
This is a great place to work at. They start you off with a great paying rate and they give you a raise every year. Its a fast paced environment and you will never be bored. Their is always something you can learn to do everyday. I love having the customer relations and having them come back due to the customer service they receive. The managers are amazing as well.
Pros
free lunches and starbucks
Cons
sometimes 30 minute lunches if they were short staffed
The Mean Girls Club.
Receiver/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2018
Firstly, them Female Dogs is hateful..... like "The Help" snobby! It felt like I was in school being bullied for being the new fat kid in town. Except I was just trying to earn a living for me and my child in a career I enjoyed.

Louisville, Ky YARD 143
Pros
nice pay if you can fit in
Cons
them female dogs
Backstabbing/Two Faced
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  GaMarch 20, 2018
If your in the click and a but kisser it's a great place. If your a hard worker and try to mind your own business your not appreciated. Management sucks no backbone!
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Too many to list
Horrible work place
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NYMarch 14, 2018
Management was terrible; they did not pay what i was worth. The work itself was fine, but be prepared to work outside in ALL conditions. Rain, snow, sleet and blistering sun.
Passing time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2018
Want steady pay with a chance to grow in company and travel. Great place to work a few years while going back to school. Learn different skills either stay or progress elsewhere
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
no onsite HR
Learning
Data Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2018
Full responsibility

No sponsorship

Lot of cost cutting measures

Lot of learning

Managers are free to talk.

Very easy story deadlines..

No more chance of fulltime job there
Junk to Gold
General Manager- Operations (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 1, 2018
You have opportunity to grow in this company if you learn Copart best practices, like running day to day, week to week routine and stay withing your boundaries. I believe you need to start at the bottom as a CSR learn their system first and you will be accepted and understand their language to succeed. They have a good LDP program for college grads which is where I'd recommend starting if you want to succeed in management. They have high turnover in many positions because of the fast pace and high stress time pressures inherent in a weekly auction environment. Good luck!
Great Place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 28, 2018
I was unfortunately fired from this job, at no ones fault. Things simply did not work. however, this place is a fun fast paced environment. If you decide to work here you will be Happy with the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Free lunches often, Hour long lunch break
Cons
Not enough training
Best job I ever had
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Copart from the CEO down really cares for the employees.I had to leave for personal reasons and they were willing to give me up to a year to come back to my job.
Pros
Great stock option plan 401k and competitive wages
Cons
Hard work rain or shine
N/a
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 20, 2018
it's alright. starting pay is great-raises are not so great. max .50 a year. this site is wanting more info and i really have none. do i just have to fill this space?
muti task office job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, NYFebruary 18, 2018
First thing in the morning at 8am we open our doors to tow drivers we give out gate passes to drivers to pick up vehicles and take payments and issue out titles. Then we start call for release .Which we schedule appointments to pick up donated vehicles for certain charities . We answer all phone calls and provide information to buyer and sellers and resolve any issues.
Pros
heavy phone call volume
Cons
your workday is 8-5 pm have to be willing to work untill 7 or 8 pm if needed
my review
Full-time 40hrs (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJFebruary 15, 2018
At my time at copart I enjoyed working there, it was a pleasant place to work, at times it was stressful but a good job. I learned a lot of things about management.
Worst place ive ever worked
Yard agent (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 14, 2018
The managers at my location do not care about the employees. There is nothing but favoritism among a number of other issues that stem from management.
A fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAFebruary 13, 2018
My day starts at 8 AM and ends at 5 PM. It is a fast pace job. You have to be flexible and crossed trained on all areas in the office.
We have employees of different cultures which make for an exciting, interesting and sometimes challenging environment. Managers are young and still trying to discover there leadership style. Their is no hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job is I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copart, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight