Copper Ridge Surgery Center

Working at Copper Ridge Surgery Center: 6 Reviews

United States6 reviews

Great Facility

Nice employees. Good benefits. Strong sense of teamwork and respect among coworkers. Terrific family friendly hours; no nights or weekends. Highly recommend!

The Worst Job I Have Ever Had

I worked at Copper Ridge Surgery Center for 6 months as an Endoscopy Technician. It was a truly brutal job. I was targeted and bullied for the entirety of my stint working there. I developed severe anxiety because I felt unable to turn to anyone for help. My manager was overloaded in both her work and personal life and it rendered her incapable of leading our department. She was often emotional (I saw her cry numerous times) and placed far too much of her responsibilities on nurses and the experienced techs. It was clear she was unfit for the position and needed to attend to problems at home, but was either unwilling or unable to admit that and step down. As a result, the department suffered. I never trusted her to help my situation because she played favorites with the experienced techs (who were the problem/bullies). I was not the only person targeted. There were three other people who were bullied: Two techs and a nurse. The doctors, too, were often pushy and apathetic towards techs-in-training. Mistakes were often harshly judged. In my early days of training, I was yelled at multiple times for mistakes that were a part of the learning experience. I, nor anyone else, should have been expected to perform better. The pressure on newbies was unrealistic and toxic. I eventually left the job because I moved, but it left a lasting impression on me. I had work anxiety at jobs thereafter. The depression I experienced while maintaining my position at Copper Ridge was immense. The only reason I stayed for six months was because I was paid OK ($12.50 is still too low for -

Copper Ridge Surgery Center insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

good work culture

Everyone is friendly and works well together. No drama and back stabbing like I have experienced at other facilities. I highly recommend working at this facility.

Great management

Management and team leaders are always available and helpful. They have created a superior work environment. Benefits and bonuses are top notch. Very proud to be part of such a wonderful healthcare team.

Excellent company to work for

Great co-workers, competitive pay and benefits. The culture is pretty good and everyone seems to care about their jobs and patients. I would strongly recommend working there.

peer to peer mentoring and patient/employee experience challenge

I was one of the original employee's hired in upon opening this free standing surgery center almost 15 years ago. I have enjoyed being part of this growing company and continue to be an advocate and cheerleader for it's continued success.

Pros

profit sharing, 401K employer match. Culture

Common questions about Copper Ridge Surgery Center

Answered by current and former employees at Copper Ridge Surgery Center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Copper Ridge Surgery Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits