OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE (COPS Monitoring)

COPS Monitoring Employee Reviews

Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 12, 2019
good advancement opportunities, relaxed work setting, they really trust everyone to know what they are doing as you are working alone majority of time
Nerdy people making calls when alarms go off
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 12, 2019
Three weeks of training, managers breathing down your neck all day, little to no down time. The floor managers are great, but the higher you go up, the less helpful they become. You get 30 minutes for lunch, and if you go to the bathroom, its one person out at a time, and they time you. How ever long it takes you in the bathroom comes out of your 10 minutes a day you get for a break.
Pros
Fun group to work with
Cons
Small crew, so the alarms hardly ever stop for you to take a breath.
The best job I’ve ever had, Pay should be better
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 11, 2019
This is a good job I recommend it to everyone .. $12 just isnt enough if you have bills; great first time call center experience , very easy job . Friendly managers, I really only have nothing but nice things to say ; if only the pay was better
Pros
Cons
Pay
The best environment to work in
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2019
I recommend this job for anyone who wants to go to work and feel happy about the work they are doing for others. The management and the team members all help make this a wonderful company to work for. Everyone is family here and not the dysfunctional kind either. If you go to work and do what you are supposed to moving up isn't an issue
Pros
Chairman's awards, holiday parties, club trips, discounts, management, ect
Cons
Some subscribers can be mean sometimes
Interesting and Fun
Call Center Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Worked there as a new line of work branching off from my security work since I had minor dispatch experience as working security had me working as central dispatch a few times, so I figured it would be an interesting job to look into.

Luckily I was correct, and I stayed for a little while, the drivers enjoyed my time there as they showed respect toward me the same way I showed respect toward them. It made things easier for the dispatchers, made things more comfortable for the drivers, and the customers, despite maybe having to wait 10 extra minutes on average, were generally not displeased with their service. In fact, most of them would just sit in their vehicle and listen to music to pass the time, which easily makes the time feel like it just vanishes.

I loved working here just as much as I did working at my security jobs, but being young I wasn't as aptly minded to stay long enough to get to where I wanted to be within the company, and left too soon.
Pros
Spacious Office Building, Big desks, Assisting for the Greater Good
Cons
Some Days are busy, Some days lack drivers, Some drivers have attitudes
Good management and well-paced
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2019
If you are willing to the job, this is a great job to have, being a dispatcher. Moving up in levels is something you have to work hard at. You have to study and remember all the information you learn. You can't succeed without working hard for it. If you need any help, ask anyone around you and they will gladly help. There is a minimal amount of drama here, and the managers work hard to make sure you know what you're doing.
Easy to work
Director Of Technology/Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 17, 2019
I found it an enjoyable place to work will full execess to the excitive team at any time i needed there input on any thing at all. Defineity a place I enjoyed working at
The bad is gone
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2019
There are a lot of really good things about working for cops. They are flexible with your schedule. The other dispatchers are great and we all like working together. On our shift we do stuff like pot lucks and they even started to give us goodies just because where a different person is picked every week. Good benefits and they changed the sick time to where you don't need to be here a year to earn it. There is a point system so if you can't come to work don't bother applying here, it is a serious job so being here is a big deal.

Now for the not so good that has been changed
There was a big issue with a manager who was rude when speaking to you. She did not talk to you she talked down to you and if she did not like you well you were basically screwed. Her bad day was our bad day because she took it out on us. I complained to my other manager and my two supervisors and it took too long to get this resolved. She is now not with us and the people on my shift are happy about this but management needs to learn to listen to what we are saying. I was not the only one who complained there were 8 of us that said something so you know something was wrong.

That would be my biggest thing, listen to your employees we should not have to feel like calling out because she was managing.
cops monitoring
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 9, 2019
It is a decent job, it pays well. The hours are stable, they offer good benefits, and everyone is easy to work with. It may not be a career for everyone but is a good job for going through college, or even to make more money on the side.
Call Center Job wiith its pros and cons
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2018
COPS has taught me lots about how to provide excellent customer service. They pride in keeping the customers happy and satisfied. With today's leading edge of technology they are able to do so. The company itself is awesome. Unfortunately in the Florida office you have to make friends with the managers to maintain your employment.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime, Experience, Paid Training
Cons
They only give lunch breaks and maximum 10 minutes bathroom break for the day
Decent place to start if its your first job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2018
When I first started at COPS back in January 2017, I thought it would have been great but after awhile it became the same thing over and over again. They made u memorize scripts like people can see you and you always had to do a evaluations. The people were cool to work with and management was ok. I thought the pay should have been way better than what it was. I went from Full time to Part time because of the fact I couldn't sit down and do this all day.
Unpredictable
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 30, 2018
When its it's going good its going great however, when they are done with you that's it. They are really quick to ask you for favors and as long as you are doing what they are asking you will stay in their good graces, get all the opportunities, and won't have to ask for chances to grow. There is an unfair advantage to those who are on the favorite list. When you are on a managers good side you get asked about what new chances you would like to take advantage of and if you aren't you practically have to beg for those chances and there is still no guarantee you will get them. Even though you've made it clear you wish to move up. An open door policy is preached but once you say something management doesn't like they are against you until they can get rid of you.
The attitude of management is unpredictable to say the least. One day they are joking around with you and everything is great and the next day the site manager is screaming at an operator in front of an entire shift at the front door. This is a place where you certainly want to keep your head down and mind your business even though it means you are going to be over looked. My advise use COPS Monitoring as a stepping stone unless you are that good at sucking up.
Horrible leadership
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 23, 2018
Every single day is a roller coaster depending on what mood the manager decides to be in that day. They've gotten rid of any half decent managers and keep promoting people with their heads stuck between their legs. The managers or "floor walkers" are not trained at all on how to manage a large group of people. They care more about their paperwork and reputation than how to treat people with an ounce of respect. All the dispatchers daily are complaining about how much they hate working there and it makes the entire room full of negative energy. They take any complaints and put them straight in the trash with no second thought. If you happen to have an opinion about something that may seem wrong or simply may make things easier they say you're challenging and being disrespectful. They make you feel like you're constantly walking on eggshells and can be fired at any moment. I would NEVER recommend someone to even attempt training. The turnover rate is INSANE. I've personally watched trainees walk out after being there 10 minutes. All they're missing is a pair of shackles and you'd feel like you're in prison. They watch over everyone like hawks and if you happen to upset someone that day, they treat you like complete trash. They have no level of understanding when it comes to family emergencies. If you're one of their favorites they have no problem excusing every call out with or without a doctors note. Simply glancing at your cell phone is enough for a write-up and suspension. They have no regard for the people with children at home that may be having an emergency and need to get  more... a hold of you. The pay, "benefits" and "bonuses" are no where near worth dealing with this job. The job alone is easy but dealing with the public is just like any other customer service job, difficult. But the management alone treating everyone like complete trash, I'd rather be broke and unemployed  less
Pros
12.00 but it not even worth do to how hard the mangers make your life when the job duty is sooo easy
Cons
Favoritisms, bathroom list, 30 min lunch break, managers trolling righting people up when they don’t even set a good example
Very stressful and redundant
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJDecember 10, 2018
Sitting at a computer and answering telephones all day. Handled approximately 75-100 calls a day. Was able to take a break when it wasn't busy, which is not that often
Horrible
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 1, 2018
Every single day is a roller coaster depending on what mood the manager decides to be in that day. They've gotten rid of any half decent managers and keep promoting people with their heads stuck between their legs. The managers or "floor walkers" are not trained at all on how to manage a large group of people. They care more about their paperwork and reputation than how to treat people with an ounce of respect. All the dispatchers daily are complaining about how much they hate working there and it makes the entire room full of negative energy. They take any complaints and put them straight in the trash with no second thought. If you happen to have an opinion about something that may seem wrong or simply may make things easier they say you're challenging and being disrespectful. They make you feel like you're constantly walking on eggshells and can be fired at any moment. I would NEVER recommend someone to even attempt training. The turnover rate is INSANE. I've personally watched trainees walk out after being there 10 minutes. All they're missing is a pair of shackles and you'd feel like you're in prison. They watch over everyone like hawks and if you happen to upset someone that day, they treat you like complete trash. They have no level of understanding when it comes to family emergencies. If you're one of their favorites they have no problem excusing every call out with or without a doctors note. Simply glancing at your cell phone is enough for a write-up and suspension. They have no regard for the people with children at home that may be having an emergency and need to get  more... a hold of you. The pay, "benefits" and "bonuses" are no where near worth dealing with this job. The job alone is easy but dealing with the public is just like any other customer service job, difficult. But the management alone treating everyone like complete trash, I'd rather be broke and unemployed.  less
Cons
pay, bathroom list, management, parking, attendance
Very first job experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 27, 2018
On my first day with COPS, the training was very good and I learned a lot of stuff working when I was out of training 11 months ago. The management was helpful and supervision was excellent. Yet it was difficult to learn in handling alarms, but being supervised was helpful and being evaluated was very important to be promoted.
Pros
Choices to go to breaks and lunches on the convenient times.
Cons
Limited breaks
Fun workplace
Alarm Operator (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDNovember 26, 2018
Learned a lot about alarms and dispatch. Fun work environment and friendly staff. It's sometimes hard to stay awake because your sitting down all day but other than that, it's a very chill job with many ways to advance.
Not for me
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJNovember 15, 2018
Cops is not all bad. We did recently get a pay raise but it’s not worth it. The job is non stop with constant oversight. I was made to feel like a robot. There are some good people here though. I made some friends but it just isn’t enough to keep me interested. I’m currently looking for employment elsewhere.
Cons
Short breaks and constant supervision, the schedule is tough working weekends and holidays
Small but nice place to work at, has a nice break room.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
The job was a nice place to work at, but the hours did not fit my schedule. I live in Clarksville, TN and would have to leave the house at five in the morning to beat morning traffic in Nashville, then I would not get off until three in the afternoon and then get home at four, leaving me little time to do things at home before going to bed for work the next day, where as the other shifts would have been just as bad. I gained new experience by working in a call center, and I mostly had to answer phones and sit for eight hours a day.
very nice place
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2018
I really enjoyed this place, but some of the attitude that the bosses allow is terrible. Your employees represent who you are. What does that say about your business when you let these types of people work there just because they fill a seat or are good at what they do. they should be held accountable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPS Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.