COPS Monitoring

COPS Monitoring insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Basically it’s easy to get hired because they are always hiring, management is a pain, if you have a disability I wouldn’t suggest it

After working there for a while I developed a severe disability and when I brought my accommodation letter to them they ignored it and gave me two options that just aren’t going to work.

Pros

Sometimes they buy everyone lunch, you can switch work days, lots of benefits. 6 days off if your work full time 10 hour shifts.

Cons

Management is nosey and never let you handle personal business, they ignore reasonable accommodations, they don’t actually listen, they let bad people work there and assault other workers.

Extremely Stressful

This is an extremely stressful job. Between supervisors constantly being over your shoulder and an alarm ringing whenever there is an incoming call, it feels like you cannot even breathe. If you try to leave when your shift ends and there are alarms hanging, the manager will often berate you. If you do not stay, they will often take it out on you through childish means such as undesired break times as well as other things. I often leave feeling exhausted and overworked just to know I have to do it the next day. They do a good job making it seem like there are a lot of incentives for working there, but they do not tell you that you pay into those incentives with your own paycheck. I would avoid if at all possible. They are understaffed for a reason.

Pros

Low learning curve for work

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, shady upper management, lack of covid guidelines, treated like a number not a person

Sucks

Sucks, no matter how busy it was they would bark orders to get it done as quick as possible one night there was only 3 dispatchers, one at telemax on in phones and one in alarms and the manager was just sitting there watching us sink

Pros

Cons

When I quit my life was so much better

Could be better pay

Fast paced environment. Opportunity to make extra money doing overtime. It’s always available. Pay could be better. Especially having to meet response times. But overall an ok job.

Pros

Overtime, Nice People

Cons

Pay

Extremely fun and professional work place

I loved the job the management was very helpful with any questions. This job is very fast paced and very minimal time in between calls. The employees are great and very friendly they are more than willing to help with any questions you may have.

Pros

Fast paced. Great coworkers. Great managers.

Cons

Short breaks. Lines long for the bathroom. Very busy.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

COPS Monitoring is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for!

The work environment and culture in the Florida office is unlike anywhere I have worked before. Not only is the work you do fulfilling, but this site truly makes you feel respected and appreciated as one of their employees. I really enjoy working here as the management team does an amazing job making you feel like a valued team member the moment you walk through the building doors. I can honestly say the people and setting here is what makes it all worth-while. This office is so lively and diverse, it’s enticing not to be part of it all!

Pros

A lot of benefits and a healthy/welcoming culture

Cons

None at this time

Good Job, Better People, Interesting Work

A good company to work for with great people. I have been here for about a year now and here are some of the good things the company offers:Training-Always learning something and the managers are here to help. The company has a good benefit package and the health insurance is inexpensiveSick time that renews every yearAlways doing something fun on shiftLots of small stuff like pizza parties, contests, recognition, the bell they ring when we do something good.Open door so if I need to talk to my site manager she is there for meFlexible schedules. I go to college and I have to adjust my hours sometimes and they can accommodate since we are here 24 hoursThe people who work here are more like a family we all really get alongOvertimeMake sure you if you apply you can get here, the attendance policy will take you out if not.

Pros

Work atmosphere, benefits, management

Cons

Only one 30 minute lunch for the whole shift, pay should be more for what we do, more locations need to be in phones it is always Florida.

Great place to work!

If you like helping people, if you like an office environment, if you like computers, talking on the phone, a relaxed work environment work here. I love it.

Employees are alright, but not the job and treatment from management.

This job is very fast paced. It can be overwhelming through training, but once you get used to the program layout and how to operate and navigate/learn the daily functions of peoples systems and such, it becomes the easiest job in the world. However, management is terrible here. Favoritism is played out when making choices to move people up in the company. The room is operated like a disgruntled middle school classroom. It can be loud and obnoxious, and management has a blind eye to everything, unless, ofcourse, they are harassing you about your job. If you need assistance, youre better off screaming at the top of your lungs. The management wont respond in a timely manner and you wont get the help you need. This causes delays in performing your duties and also adds a lot of unnecessary stress. If i wanted to be in school still, i would love this job, but I'm looking to make money, not be stuck in school drama classes. By the way, overtime is always available because this company goes through over 1000 employees a year. No one wants to work here.

Pros

decent incentives, bonuses, and overtime availability

Cons

Stripped of basic human rights while working here, Poor Management

Fun working environment

No complaints. There’s fun little work activities to join in on like Memes or dress up days. There’s fun coworkers that make the day go by when you feel a little tired because the calls do get repetitive but it’s nothing bad.

OK Place to Work

A lot to learn working here and they test you at every level. All they care about is your numbers and you have to raise your hand to go to the bathroom.

Pros

Ha!

Cons

Pay

Boring and not worth it

The job is very repetitive. Breaks are limited. Management has their favorites who talk while you work. Don't ask 2 use the bathroom on company time!!

Pros

Discounted vending machine items

Cons

Very short break

Decent job for young people

Good job with good benefits. Definitely better for younger people with not much responsibility. Florida is an expensive place to live and the most you will realistically make here is about 14 and some change. Far under what you need to survive here.

Great job with rapid advancement.. at first.

COPS starts out as a great place to work with a supportive team and rapid advancement through the level system. It's great until you reach about level 3 and have trainees dropped on you without warning, and then they expect you to undergo "phone training" that you aren't warned about in advance to become the company's punching bag. Very high stress, and very inflexible attendance policies which lead to high turnover rates. Great place to work if life never happens to you and you can take a lot of abuse from customers.

Pros

Rapid advancement and raises at first

Cons

Extremely high stress, ridiculous attendance policies

Horrible

Management is horrible and not helpful at all. Job could be easy but they make it hard. Pay is very low. Not worth the stress. Very high turnover rate.

Pros

coworkers

Cons

pay, management, everything

If you like helping people out, COPS is the place for you!

The training is thorough, and you will get assistance with difficult calls. You should be wanting to help people over the phone; it makes the job much more enjoyable. As you move up in levels in the company, the more you see you are making a difference!

Pros

Outstanding support from management!

Cons

Some emergency calls can be stressful, but you won't handle these alone.

The Job is ok.

I’ve have worked at cops as a dispatcher now a data entry clerk. The job really isn’t THAT bad. Management does suck, the turnover rate is high but you do actually meet some really good people and learn a lot. I really do believe that the starting rate for dispatchers should be WAY higher, the stress alone qualifies. Working in the outer office the culture is different. People actually work together get along. Perks are nice, catered lunches, trips and activities which’s why i think they should just raise the pay with all this extra money. Attendance policy and “expectations” sucks. My shift is 8-4. I clock in at 7:59 and go make a cup of coffee but i got “talked to” because I’m not in my seat at exactly 8am but smokers can clock in and go smoke before their shifts starts? Makes no sense. It could be a little more laxed being as though literally nothing goes on in the morning

Pros

Tons of free things

Cons

Low pay, stressful, high expectations but high turnover rate

Horrible

Horrible worst job ever they trick you into working for a certain amount and changes that once you are Interviewed. Too personal everyone talked about their personal lives every day.

No Complaints

Understanding company, okay pay, everyone is always nice. I would recommend working here as long as you are okay handling emergency calls. They train you well and prepare you for the calls. Everything was very easy

If your not family you can’t get anywhere in the company even if your really good at what you do

This company is horrible. They will literally fire you for no reason just because you aren’t family. It’s favoritism. Period. They have good benefits but the stress isn’t worth it. Don’t apply you’ll regret it.

Pros

Good benefits that’s it

Cons

Horrible management team, horrible HR department

Definitely recommend

I loved working for this call center. The management was absolutely wonderful. I quit because I needed more pay and there’s a lot of drama in call centers regardless of how good management and HR is. The training can be stressful because of how fast paced some things are. Definitely would recommend.

Pros

Just about everything

Cons

30 minute exact lunch breaks, pay, drama

Common questions about COPS Monitoring

Answered by current and former employees at COPS Monitoring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPS Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare COPS Monitoring with