COPS Monitoring

COPS Monitoring Employee Reviews

United States179 reviews
A typical work day was an 8 hour shift often stressful. Learned so much while working here, with the type of work it was. learned a lot from this job.
Working here was completely awful. You can sign up for as much overtime as you want and they'll never look out for you. Everybody is all for themselves. Raises are nonexistent. Theres not room for advancement at all.
Cons
The only way to get anywhere meaningful at this place is by kissing butt and being white. I personally witnessed and heard management being racist towards employees and even each other behind each other’s back.
Oh and they have a roach infestation, the building is filthy, the AC breaks a lot so it gets hot, people take bites out of your food in the fridge food, and the found a few bed bugs. Make sure you’re someone’s favorite or they’ll treat you like dirt
Pros
Over time
Cons
Being miserable and dealing with roaches and bed bugs coming at you while you’re trying to work
They treat you like your family! Just follow the rules and you won’t have any problems. They want you to succeed at everything that you train on. Thanks
Pros
Great friendship, great management
Cons
Need maybe better pay
a gray cloud over your day everyday
environment is okay customers are terrible

managers are glorified babysitters

Company plays favorites

never advance
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
There is very little communication among management and a disconnect between the decision making execs and the dispatchers. We are not compensated as we learn more skills and go beyond the call of our original job description
Pros
Flexible with schedules and inclusive. Overtime opportunities are awesome.
Cons
Pay, raises, management, execs
I've been working and advancing here for nearly five years now and I'm incredibly grateful for my opportunity to grow as a part of this one-of-a-kind company. I've learned a great deal both personally and professionally here, I've met some truly remarkable people and I've never felt more fulfilled and valued as an employee. You will not be treated like just another number here. The perks and benefits are like no other entry-level job I've seen. There's really a sense of belonging here; "team" is not just a cheesy, meaningless term here, it's a very real sense you get when you walk into this office ready to work and do a good job. Overtime and advancement opportunities here are also fantastic. The owners and executive management team do all sorts of wonderful things for us they really don't have to do. Management is not perfect by any means, but they do their best to treat all employees equally and give everyone the same chance at success. Although they're not perfect, they're about as real and honest as it gets. This company leads its industry and it's extremely successful at what it sets out to do. Be prepared for things to change frequently as we're always innovating and finding new, better ways to care for our customers. Job security is great; there have never been layoffs here and you will be given the best chance possible to grow in this company for as long as you would like to. Management gives you back every bit and then some of whatever you're willing to give in return. If you're willing to remain committed to doing an excellent job every day, expect a remarkable experience - more...
I didn’t like the energy in the room the training people were not responsible or respectful they were mean and i didn’t like one of the trainers he was rude
I’ve met some great friends here but it was only a stepping stone. I’d planned on being here until I finished my masters since it’s very close to home and flexible around my class schedule. Unfortunately, the environment is too negative. Everyone is hooking up with everyone, managers and higher ups all have their favorite pets, feels like I went back to high school with all the petty drama. The pay is actually an insult to the amount of bs we put up with and the fact that we’re expected to be professional dispatchers saving lives and property. Similar companies in this field pay MUCH more for the same position. Managers and floors are complete jokes, high on power and waiting to write up those who aren’t a favorite (not sleeping or partying with them). Loved the few close friends I’ve made but it’s honestly not a job for any self respecting adult.
This was a wonderful place for employment. The benefits were amazing. They even took us on beautiful paid trips to Broadway shows and wonderful food and drinks. I cannot say enough good things about this company. The only bad thing for me was how clicky and high school the vibe was. That personally was very mentally draining!
This job isn’t for everyone but is great for those that are genuinely empathetic, Hard-working and good at multitasking. The motto of the company is due for the company and they will do for you and this is very true. They offer trips and bonuses if you get good evaluations. This company felt like a family to me.
COPS Monitoring is an amazing place to be for so many points in life.The company's motto "Our people make the difference" is something they take great proud in being true and celebrating when they can. I would recommend it as a place to call home for those who have young children in school or for those continuing their education and trying to make ends mean while doing so. What makes everything click so well together is the management team, while continuously growing it is full of experience and they work together to build a positive environment. Whether you need work for six months or ten years, you can always feel like one of the family in this industry leading company.
I like working at this place. Since Ive been working hear I have never felt so included.We take alarms all day. Sometimes it can be hard but its easy. The managers are super laid back and they have full benefits here. They work with my schedule and dont mind working with me if i have an emergency. I recommend anyone if they want to actually like their job then they should come here.
Pros
Full Benefits, Fun Enviornment, Good Pay
Cons
Pressure of calls
While I was working there they were completely disrespectful a lot of inappropriate jokes that shouldn’t be allowed and it was completely and utterly difficult I would wake up hate having to go there and I regret seeing any new employee because I know they are gonna go through worse and the managers are not helpful there is so much drama and this was my first job not worth it there is a lot of favoritism
The pay is fair and the best part is you don't get bored because you learn something new as you move along. All employees are nice and they have made me feel welcomed since day one. The managers are on the side of the employee and they want us to be successful. The insurance is inexpensive but a good plan. Very good vacation benefit. I am looking forward to being able to go on Club 6 events soon.
Pros
Work environment, benefits, helping people
Cons
The option to break up our lunches so we maybe get 2 15 minute breaks rather then 1 30
$12 is not enough compensation for the workload and stress this place places upon you. They have a bathroom list that you have to get on to use restroom... single stall bathrooms only. The AC DOES NOT WORK IN THE OPERATIONS ROOM. So if you enjoy smelling must in the air and being miserable with a headache then apply. The chairs in the operations room have menstrual blood stains on them. Everyone is “fake” nice to you. They say they’ll give you a chance and not fire you for not doing good or not being able to retain things but are so quick to force new information down your throat daily and expect you to know it then next day and remember it. Only one trainer there is nice and everybody else could care less if you were existing. Don’t work here!!!
I loved everything about this company and learning new things from working for them. It got hectic at times, because you were dealing with peoples personal information, and life-threatening situations. It’s up to us to make sure that the customers are safe at all times and protected. So it was a lot of pressure but at the end of it all it was very beneficial.
Pros
Advancement, pay, family
Cons
Pressure within calls
The employees are friendly and very helpful. It’s a family type atmosphere. When you walk in you feel welcomed. Everyone is there to help you if you need .
My overall experience was a good one with this company. The management is friendly and available at all times. You learn a lot of new information working here and the job can be stressful at times for what the pay is.
Pros
Management, bonuses, co workers
Cons
Breaks, pay
cops was a great place to work & the environment was great everybody was nice and willing to help if needed. There are cons about working here management has favoritism
Pros
great people there, good pay
Cons
management very poor
Terrible management team, poor training skills/methods & overall bad environment to sit in. They’re definitely the best to help you throw away your time all 2020 & for such a low pay rate. Trust me it’s not worth it especially if you speak any other language, they use you to their advantage & do not give you any type of pay raise.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPS Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.