COPS Monitoring Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 12, 2019
good advancement opportunities, relaxed work setting, they really trust everyone to know what they are doing as you are working alone majority of time
Call Center Job wiith its pros and cons
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2018
COPS has taught me lots about how to provide excellent customer service. They pride in keeping the customers happy and satisfied. With today's leading edge of technology they are able to do so. The company itself is awesome. Unfortunately in the Florida office you have to make friends with the managers to maintain your employment.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime, Experience, Paid Training
Cons
They only give lunch breaks and maximum 10 minutes bathroom break for the day
Kept getting worse and worse
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 17, 2018
I really thought this would be a good job for me. They do a great job selling it to you in the interview process. After being trained the bad started. I was scolded for going to the bathroom for "too long". This was unbelievable to me. Not really something I can control. We were super understaffed at all times probably because most people dont last more than a few months to a year here. Supervisors always yelling about activity. Very stressful.
Pros
They do have potential if staffing issues are fiixed and managers/supervisors are properly trained.
Cons
very low compensation, stressful incompetent management
A few of my coworkers who worked there were great
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 21, 2018
Unfortunately, they have a high turnover rate. It is convenient that the pay period is weekly. However, the floor supervisors are all very young, immature, and do not know how to manage their people properly.
It's alright
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2018
Pay is awful, clients are rude because they don't know how to operate their alarm systems. Management is okay, 3/6 shift managers are good, the rest are all self absorbed and could really care less about their job.
Pros
Benefits, I hate it more than I hate myself
Cons
No breaks, low pay, I hate this place
I mean, it's okay I guess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJApril 6, 2018
It was tedious and boring, The same thing every day and it never changes. The pay was alright for an entry level job but it's not enough to live off of. Everything else was fine.
No comment.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 15, 2018
Close encounter work quarters. Too noisy for a call center. Too much distraction while handling critical calls. Very stressful environment and immature workers.
Pros
Christmas holiday parties and bonuses
Cons
Very tense environment from momment of walking into building
Stressful!
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 29, 2018
This was a highly stressful job. Fast paced and difficult to deal with both the customers and situations that arise handling the alarms. Immediate managers are good, but the woman who oversees the department is the worst. She is extremely two-faced and says some of the nastiest things I've ever heard.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding, no lack of overtime
Cons
Stress stress stress
Disappointing
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2017
Single parents who do it all on their own should NOT apply... I actually found this place fun and friendly, despite the apparent favoritism between managers and certain employees. Also, the point system is ridiculous. This place is literally the only employer who penalizes for missed time even after valid documentation is presented and I've worked for both the State and Federal government! No one can predict nor control emergency situations so no one should be terminated for them either. COPS doesn't pay well enough to be more demanding than the government. Other than that, I would only recommend for students or someone who shares their bills/lives with parents.
Pros
Gaining experience, ample overtime opportunites
Cons
Excused absences are still not enough to keep your job, favoritism for growth opportunities, poor pay
Boring workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 2, 2017
Very relaxed work environment, constant ongoing calls to answer throughout the day. Managers are understable with personal life, also pushes you to do better
Real review from a real employee
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJSeptember 26, 2017
I have worked here longer than most and have some perspective over the last 6 years.when I started here the job was in fact very fulfilling. There have been many changes and growth over the years which is good. The problem is that the company fails to take care of its employees. Growth is great for the company but us employees have seen nothing from the tops to show appreciation. We are paid lower than anyone in this field to start. The management team just keeps getting more unbearable. You are talked down to on a daily basis and are ridiculed if you dare to ask to go to the bathroom. It is a toxic workplace that rewards cutting corners at the expense of our customers. I work hard and am constantly told t o work faster. In my opinion this is how mistakes happen. Maybe try hiring more people, even better, make necessary changes so we may actually keep people for more than a few months. My advice is to treat your employees better.
Pros
Pto, overtime, company events.
Cons
Pay, management, understaffed
I love Cops
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2017
My time as a dispatcher has been fun. I thought the interview and hiring process was easy and I felt comfortable as this was something I hadn't done before. Training was good, I learned so much and actually liked my trainers. I didn't get benefits at my past jobs but was excited when I qualified at Cops because they offer alot of good benefits. I love that they give free coffee and tea and the drinks in the drink machine are discounted. Bonus of 150 is given every 3 months if you have perfect attendance and goes down a lil if you have any infractions. I heard the holiday party is cool and am actually excited to go this year. I don't plan on leaving any time soon because the site managers and supervisors make me feel welcome and have always worked with me if I have an issue.
Pros
Bonus, free coffee, benefits
Cons
Nashville traffic
The turnover here is very telling
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJSeptember 5, 2017
I must admit that I was apprehensive accepting a job offer here due to the fact that they always seem to be hiring to cover for attrition. I asked about this in my interview and was told that they are always hiring due to growth. This does not appear to be the case. Most leave because the pay is so very low and you are not respected by management.
Pros
fast paced with decent benefits
Cons
low pay, constant turnover and poorly trained managers and supervisors.
Horrible job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 25, 2017
I have been here for 2 years and have had it with this job. The pay is way too low. I cannot even support myself, I feel horrible for those with families. Management does not wat this feedback. I think they honestly believe that the pay matches cost of living.
Pros
Some good friends that work here
Cons
Low pay
Alarm Dispatcher
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton FloridaJuly 11, 2017
I was an alarm dispatcher for cops monitoring in which I had to handle home alarm systems going off and then calling the customers home or cell phone number to verify if everything was okay. Through there I learned a lot about communication and patience and feel it has helped me very much even today. I also learned how to be a leader and very calm and collective if the situation gets a little frustrating.
Pros
Helping Customers/People
Great place
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 24, 2017
Great place to work every friendly staff. Everyone is extremely nice the clients are very nice and it was overall just a nice work place I don't have bad reviews.
They promote bullying
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 5, 2017
If the managers do not like you they will bully you until you either quit or you act out of character out of frustration and they fire you for that. or they will use the your customer service is bad and we dont feel like your a good fit for the company when their is no lead to that. The main reason they fire people is because they do not conform to their rules that they make up literally day to day and they are not consistent meaning what is wrong for one person to do is tolerated for another person if you have any ties to management or if you brown nose. They gang up on you and their manager is in or it she will defend her managers to no end even if they are wrong. It is a hostile enviroment and is not worth the headache or pay that you do not get for dealing with daily drama. Also your opinion falls on deaf ears if you have anything to express its going to go in one ear and out the other to management. People rely on their job to take care of their families and they look at you as disposable.
Pros
health care, holiday bonuses, club 6 trips
Cons
no job security, childish management, constant change of the rules
Decent workplace with some chance for advancement
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJOctober 19, 2016
The job itself is fairly easy, not too stressful and very relaxed. Although you probably will not advance unless you suck up to the managers, or you happen to flirt with them. There is a lot of favoritism here, I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism
awesome job and great enviorment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2016
a typical day at work consist of siting down and a computer and making phone calls and helping customers with thier alarms and dispatching police when needed. the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are difficult to communicate with.
Not bad for a stepping stone job
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJune 6, 2016
This is an OK place to work. The company does have a lot of things they do that are fun for the employees but other than that it's not a long term career option. The management will pick their favorites and you can obviously tell who they are. If you are not one of them you will know. The break times are too short. For a 10 hour shift I get one 40 min break. Which I honestly don't think is too bad other than the fact that I'm a smoker. To go 5 hours without a cigarette is really hard for me and so many others. If we could just split the break up to have a 10 min and a 30 lunch it would be a lot better. This company is all about customer care but if ur a smoker 4 hours in you are on edge and frustrated. Everyone would benefit from 2 breaks instead of one, the employee the customers and the dealers. Not to mention the fact that managers will go out for a cigarette whenever they feel like it. Managers pretty much do whatever they want while u are forced to sit and work constantly. You cant even take ur time in the restroom because if they feel like u take too long they will make u clock out for all ur bathroom breaks for now on. Other than that issue you have to deal with an evaluation every month. They will harp on every little thing. For example if an alarm comes in as a front door you better not just say front door when dispatching. You MUST say entry exit front door. Like really I'm pretty sure everyone knows the front door is an exit or entry without saying it. They will let one person say or do one thing but if you are not in the managers click you have to do it a different,  more... usually harder, way. The pay is absolutely horrible. You start out at 9.50 then after training u go to 9.75 then you get a raise of .25 every time u go to the next level dispatcher. Once u reach level 6. The raises only come once a year but here is the kicker. Once u reach this point the absolute max u can get a year is .60 and that depends on the Evals u take. Even if u pass with needs improvement they will take away some money from that .60 raise u get every year. It's completely outrageous especially since dispatchers are the ones that have to deal with the public and take the beatings from the unhappy customers day in and day out. We are on the front line for this company but we don't make enough to pay bills and eat at the same time. They are unfair to the dispatchers and that's why they have a turn over rate like no other. For their "point system" u better hope no emergencies happen because it really doesnt matter what happens in ur life if ur not there u will be pointed. They dont seem to have any kind of empathy for u or ur family. They only care about their response time. To top it all off u have to work on an outdated software that makes ur job so much harder. To do a simple task u have to go into 4 different screens and in the meanwhile the customers are getting impatient. It's so ridiculous that the company will not spend the extra money to help everyone out. They say they want to save time for all involved but then refuse to do anything to actually do just that. UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE COPS CEO/MANAGERS!!! Other than that I do have to say the health benefits are good. It's pretty much the only reason why I worked there for so long. The other dispatchers are friendly as well. For this company I would use it as a stepping stone. Use it for experience or just as u look for a different job but there is way too much bulls*** to deal with from the company itself or the customers for the amount they pay. Hope this helps. Good luck.  less
Pros
health care, company picnics, holiday party
Cons
Outdated software breaks, pay, management, no advancment opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPS Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.