COPS Monitoring Pay & Benefits reviews: Customer Service Representative

Kept getting worse and worse
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 17, 2018
I really thought this would be a good job for me. They do a great job selling it to you in the interview process. After being trained the bad started. I was scolded for going to the bathroom for "too long". This was unbelievable to me. Not really something I can control. We were super understaffed at all times probably because most people dont last more than a few months to a year here. Supervisors always yelling about activity. Very stressful.
Pros
They do have potential if staffing issues are fiixed and managers/supervisors are properly trained.
Cons
very low compensation, stressful incompetent management
A few of my coworkers who worked there were great
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 21, 2018
Unfortunately, they have a high turnover rate. It is convenient that the pay period is weekly. However, the floor supervisors are all very young, immature, and do not know how to manage their people properly.
It's alright
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2018
Pay is awful, clients are rude because they don't know how to operate their alarm systems. Management is okay, 3/6 shift managers are good, the rest are all self absorbed and could really care less about their job.
Pros
Benefits, I hate it more than I hate myself
Cons
No breaks, low pay, I hate this place
I mean, it's okay I guess
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJApril 6, 2018
It was tedious and boring, The same thing every day and it never changes. The pay was alright for an entry level job but it's not enough to live off of. Everything else was fine.
Stressful!
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 29, 2018
This was a highly stressful job. Fast paced and difficult to deal with both the customers and situations that arise handling the alarms. Immediate managers are good, but the woman who oversees the department is the worst. She is extremely two-faced and says some of the nastiest things I've ever heard.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding, no lack of overtime
Cons
Stress stress stress
I love Cops
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2017
My time as a dispatcher has been fun. I thought the interview and hiring process was easy and I felt comfortable as this was something I hadn't done before. Training was good, I learned so much and actually liked my trainers. I didn't get benefits at my past jobs but was excited when I qualified at Cops because they offer alot of good benefits. I love that they give free coffee and tea and the drinks in the drink machine are discounted. Bonus of 150 is given every 3 months if you have perfect attendance and goes down a lil if you have any infractions. I heard the holiday party is cool and am actually excited to go this year. I don't plan on leaving any time soon because the site managers and supervisors make me feel welcome and have always worked with me if I have an issue.
Pros
Bonus, free coffee, benefits
Cons
Nashville traffic
The turnover here is very telling
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJSeptember 5, 2017
I must admit that I was apprehensive accepting a job offer here due to the fact that they always seem to be hiring to cover for attrition. I asked about this in my interview and was told that they are always hiring due to growth. This does not appear to be the case. Most leave because the pay is so very low and you are not respected by management.
Pros
fast paced with decent benefits
Cons
low pay, constant turnover and poorly trained managers and supervisors.
Horrible job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJAugust 25, 2017
I have been here for 2 years and have had it with this job. The pay is way too low. I cannot even support myself, I feel horrible for those with families. Management does not wat this feedback. I think they honestly believe that the pay matches cost of living.
Pros
Some good friends that work here
Cons
Low pay
Decent workplace with some chance for advancement
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJOctober 19, 2016
The job itself is fairly easy, not too stressful and very relaxed. Although you probably will not advance unless you suck up to the managers, or you happen to flirt with them. There is a lot of favoritism here, I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism
Not bad for a stepping stone job
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJune 6, 2016
This is an OK place to work. The company does have a lot of things they do that are fun for the employees but other than that it's not a long term career option. The management will pick their favorites and you can obviously tell who they are. If you are not one of them you will know. The break times are too short. For a 10 hour shift I get one 40 min break. Which I honestly don't think is too bad other than the fact that I'm a smoker. To go 5 hours without a cigarette is really hard for me and so many others. If we could just split the break up to have a 10 min and a 30 lunch it would be a lot better. This company is all about customer care but if ur a smoker 4 hours in you are on edge and frustrated. Everyone would benefit from 2 breaks instead of one, the employee the customers and the dealers. Not to mention the fact that managers will go out for a cigarette whenever they feel like it. Managers pretty much do whatever they want while u are forced to sit and work constantly. You cant even take ur time in the restroom because if they feel like u take too long they will make u clock out for all ur bathroom breaks for now on. Other than that issue you have to deal with an evaluation every month. They will harp on every little thing. For example if an alarm comes in as a front door you better not just say front door when dispatching. You MUST say entry exit front door. Like really I'm pretty sure everyone knows the front door is an exit or entry without saying it. They will let one person say or do one thing but if you are not in the managers click you have to do it a different,  more... usually harder, way. The pay is absolutely horrible. You start out at 9.50 then after training u go to 9.75 then you get a raise of .25 every time u go to the next level dispatcher. Once u reach level 6. The raises only come once a year but here is the kicker. Once u reach this point the absolute max u can get a year is .60 and that depends on the Evals u take. Even if u pass with needs improvement they will take away some money from that .60 raise u get every year. It's completely outrageous especially since dispatchers are the ones that have to deal with the public and take the beatings from the unhappy customers day in and day out. We are on the front line for this company but we don't make enough to pay bills and eat at the same time. They are unfair to the dispatchers and that's why they have a turn over rate like no other. For their "point system" u better hope no emergencies happen because it really doesnt matter what happens in ur life if ur not there u will be pointed. They dont seem to have any kind of empathy for u or ur family. They only care about their response time. To top it all off u have to work on an outdated software that makes ur job so much harder. To do a simple task u have to go into 4 different screens and in the meanwhile the customers are getting impatient. It's so ridiculous that the company will not spend the extra money to help everyone out. They say they want to save time for all involved but then refuse to do anything to actually do just that. UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE COPS CEO/MANAGERS!!! Other than that I do have to say the health benefits are good. It's pretty much the only reason why I worked there for so long. The other dispatchers are friendly as well. For this company I would use it as a stepping stone. Use it for experience or just as u look for a different job but there is way too much bulls*** to deal with from the company itself or the customers for the amount they pay. Hope this helps. Good luck.  less
Pros
health care, company picnics, holiday party
Cons
Outdated software breaks, pay, management, no advancment opportunity
Normal Workplace
Costumer Service/Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 20, 2015
You do the same thing everyday,very strict about attendance. you don't get good benefit until after a year. there's A which are alarms where you call people, and phones where you receive calls and customer care.
Pros
75 cents sodas
Cons
short brakes