COPS Monitoring Employee Reviews for Dispatcher

Stressful and Poor Management
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2019
Ive work here for almost 2 years. when i first started it was great. But slowly over time i began to see its flaws. The pay is bad if you've got bills to pay or a family to take care of. Management is awful. The favoritism is unreal. Most of them have no leadership skills. They dont give them any kind of leadership training. when hiring a manager they dont look at those type of skills, they look at how devoted they will be. How much of ther personal life are they willing to sacrifice for the company. They even asked them to work off the clock so they can get more work done at home. If you even look at a manager the wrong way the rest of your shift will be a nightmare. They recently gave the whole company a raise (from $9 to $12 starting) they made it seem like that they were doing this for us> But i know that was a lie. The reason is that I live in AZ where by the year 2020 minim wage will be at $12 an hour. So they just got ahead of the game and made it $12, But they did it to the whole company because there would be a lot of backlash at the other sites that one gets paid more than another. They also do not take doctors notes to excuses you for calling out or leaving early. So if you had a medical emergency you'll still get pointed for that day. The turn over rate is crazy too! I've seen trainees leave after just 15 mins on there 1st day! Most people only stay for a few months or a year. They also mark you up for even the smallest mistakes that had little to no negative effect on the company. The moral of the site has gone down dramatically and everyone is always at each others  more... throats I hate it here and plan on leaving soon!  less
Pros
You can make good freinds, Company partys are fun
Cons
Pay, Managment, work ethic, overall moral
Low pay for what is expected
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 23, 2019
Definitely the worst job I've ever had. 12$ an hour, and they expect the world out of you. You have to wear a white collared uniform with tie and slacks...if your shirt isnt tucked in or your shirt isnt ironed, you get written up. Ridiculous. You have to ask to go to bathroom and then they take the time you are in the bathroom off your breaks. Management was okay, probably the only thing that was good here. Hardly ever down time and the protocol on some calls were a waste of time. Not worth applying.
Pros
Fun co workers, good management in some areas
Cons
Almost everything lol
Good place to work at, able to focus on monitoring while working on a personal art craft like crocheting, and able to keep focused at my task at hand.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 15, 2019
Handled all different kinds of alarms for customers, most enjoyable was to hear how relieved customers were when things were taken care of so they could go about their day without worry. Hardest part would have been the high call volume we would get and making sure it was reached to in a timely manner. Management was really good there and were absolutely kind to everyone that worked there.
Wordy Job Ever
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJMay 14, 2019
I have PTSD from this job. I can't use the restroom at my current job without feeling guilty for not asking permission. When I tell my new co-workers about working at COPS they are horrified that I stayed so long. Dont recommend. Don't work here. They suck you in with perks but they work you until you want to die.
Pros
I mean selling your soul for some trips every now and then and a party really isn't worth it.
Cons
Literally everything.
The best job I’ve ever had, Pay should be better
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 11, 2019
This is a good job I recommend it to everyone .. $12 just isnt enough if you have bills; great first time call center experience , very easy job . Friendly managers, I really only have nothing but nice things to say ; if only the pay was better
Pros
Cons
Pay
The best environment to work in
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2019
I recommend this job for anyone who wants to go to work and feel happy about the work they are doing for others. The management and the team members all help make this a wonderful company to work for. Everyone is family here and not the dysfunctional kind either. If you go to work and do what you are supposed to moving up isn't an issue
Pros
Chairman's awards, holiday parties, club trips, discounts, management, ect
Cons
Some subscribers can be mean sometimes
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 7, 2019
There is a lot to learn at when working with this company. You have to make sure that you read carefully every Alarm that comes through the system carefully.
Good management and well-paced
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2019
If you are willing to the job, this is a great job to have, being a dispatcher. Moving up in levels is something you have to work hard at. You have to study and remember all the information you learn. You can't succeed without working hard for it. If you need any help, ask anyone around you and they will gladly help. There is a minimal amount of drama here, and the managers work hard to make sure you know what you're doing.
The bad is gone
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2019
There are a lot of really good things about working for cops. They are flexible with your schedule. The other dispatchers are great and we all like working together. On our shift we do stuff like pot lucks and they even started to give us goodies just because where a different person is picked every week. Good benefits and they changed the sick time to where you don't need to be here a year to earn it. There is a point system so if you can't come to work don't bother applying here, it is a serious job so being here is a big deal.

Now for the not so good that has been changed
There was a big issue with a manager who was rude when speaking to you. She did not talk to you she talked down to you and if she did not like you well you were basically screwed. Her bad day was our bad day because she took it out on us. I complained to my other manager and my two supervisors and it took too long to get this resolved. She is now not with us and the people on my shift are happy about this but management needs to learn to listen to what we are saying. I was not the only one who complained there were 8 of us that said something so you know something was wrong.

That would be my biggest thing, listen to your employees we should not have to feel like calling out because she was managing.
cops monitoring
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 9, 2019
It is a decent job, it pays well. The hours are stable, they offer good benefits, and everyone is easy to work with. It may not be a career for everyone but is a good job for going through college, or even to make more money on the side.
Decent place to start if its your first job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 31, 2018
When I first started at COPS back in January 2017, I thought it would have been great but after awhile it became the same thing over and over again. They made u memorize scripts like people can see you and you always had to do a evaluations. The people were cool to work with and management was ok. I thought the pay should have been way better than what it was. I went from Full time to Part time because of the fact I couldn't sit down and do this all day.
Unpredictable
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 30, 2018
When its it's going good its going great however, when they are done with you that's it. They are really quick to ask you for favors and as long as you are doing what they are asking you will stay in their good graces, get all the opportunities, and won't have to ask for chances to grow. There is an unfair advantage to those who are on the favorite list. When you are on a managers good side you get asked about what new chances you would like to take advantage of and if you aren't you practically have to beg for those chances and there is still no guarantee you will get them. Even though you've made it clear you wish to move up. An open door policy is preached but once you say something management doesn't like they are against you until they can get rid of you.
The attitude of management is unpredictable to say the least. One day they are joking around with you and everything is great and the next day the site manager is screaming at an operator in front of an entire shift at the front door. This is a place where you certainly want to keep your head down and mind your business even though it means you are going to be over looked. My advise use COPS Monitoring as a stepping stone unless you are that good at sucking up.
Horrible leadership
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 23, 2018
Every single day is a roller coaster depending on what mood the manager decides to be in that day. They've gotten rid of any half decent managers and keep promoting people with their heads stuck between their legs. The managers or "floor walkers" are not trained at all on how to manage a large group of people. They care more about their paperwork and reputation than how to treat people with an ounce of respect. All the dispatchers daily are complaining about how much they hate working there and it makes the entire room full of negative energy. They take any complaints and put them straight in the trash with no second thought. If you happen to have an opinion about something that may seem wrong or simply may make things easier they say you're challenging and being disrespectful. They make you feel like you're constantly walking on eggshells and can be fired at any moment. I would NEVER recommend someone to even attempt training. The turnover rate is INSANE. I've personally watched trainees walk out after being there 10 minutes. All they're missing is a pair of shackles and you'd feel like you're in prison. They watch over everyone like hawks and if you happen to upset someone that day, they treat you like complete trash. They have no level of understanding when it comes to family emergencies. If you're one of their favorites they have no problem excusing every call out with or without a doctors note. Simply glancing at your cell phone is enough for a write-up and suspension. They have no regard for the people with children at home that may be having an emergency and need to get  more... a hold of you. The pay, "benefits" and "bonuses" are no where near worth dealing with this job. The job alone is easy but dealing with the public is just like any other customer service job, difficult. But the management alone treating everyone like complete trash, I'd rather be broke and unemployed  less
Pros
12.00 but it not even worth do to how hard the mangers make your life when the job duty is sooo easy
Cons
Favoritisms, bathroom list, 30 min lunch break, managers trolling righting people up when they don’t even set a good example
Very stressful and redundant
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJDecember 10, 2018
Sitting at a computer and answering telephones all day. Handled approximately 75-100 calls a day. Was able to take a break when it wasn't busy, which is not that often
Horrible
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 1, 2018
Every single day is a roller coaster depending on what mood the manager decides to be in that day. They've gotten rid of any half decent managers and keep promoting people with their heads stuck between their legs. The managers or "floor walkers" are not trained at all on how to manage a large group of people. They care more about their paperwork and reputation than how to treat people with an ounce of respect. All the dispatchers daily are complaining about how much they hate working there and it makes the entire room full of negative energy. They take any complaints and put them straight in the trash with no second thought. If you happen to have an opinion about something that may seem wrong or simply may make things easier they say you're challenging and being disrespectful. They make you feel like you're constantly walking on eggshells and can be fired at any moment. I would NEVER recommend someone to even attempt training. The turnover rate is INSANE. I've personally watched trainees walk out after being there 10 minutes. All they're missing is a pair of shackles and you'd feel like you're in prison. They watch over everyone like hawks and if you happen to upset someone that day, they treat you like complete trash. They have no level of understanding when it comes to family emergencies. If you're one of their favorites they have no problem excusing every call out with or without a doctors note. Simply glancing at your cell phone is enough for a write-up and suspension. They have no regard for the people with children at home that may be having an emergency and need to get  more... a hold of you. The pay, "benefits" and "bonuses" are no where near worth dealing with this job. The job alone is easy but dealing with the public is just like any other customer service job, difficult. But the management alone treating everyone like complete trash, I'd rather be broke and unemployed.  less
Cons
pay, bathroom list, management, parking, attendance
Very first job experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 27, 2018
On my first day with COPS, the training was very good and I learned a lot of stuff working when I was out of training 11 months ago. The management was helpful and supervision was excellent. Yet it was difficult to learn in handling alarms, but being supervised was helpful and being evaluated was very important to be promoted.
Pros
Choices to go to breaks and lunches on the convenient times.
Cons
Limited breaks
Not for me
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJNovember 15, 2018
Cops is not all bad. We did recently get a pay raise but it’s not worth it. The job is non stop with constant oversight. I was made to feel like a robot. There are some good people here though. I made some friends but it just isn’t enough to keep me interested. I’m currently looking for employment elsewhere.
Cons
Short breaks and constant supervision, the schedule is tough working weekends and holidays
Small but nice place to work at, has a nice break room.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
The job was a nice place to work at, but the hours did not fit my schedule. I live in Clarksville, TN and would have to leave the house at five in the morning to beat morning traffic in Nashville, then I would not get off until three in the afternoon and then get home at four, leaving me little time to do things at home before going to bed for work the next day, where as the other shifts would have been just as bad. I gained new experience by working in a call center, and I mostly had to answer phones and sit for eight hours a day.
Stay Away
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 2, 2018
The pay is horrible. the job is stressful because there are too many managers and everyone gives different training and instructions. You're not allowed to talk, you're given assigned seats like you're in elementary school. the managers speak down to the employees unless the higher ups are present. they sell you an awesome piece in orientation but once you get the position its nothing like the way it was presented to you.
This place was my 2nd family 😥
Level 6 dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 28, 2018
Very easy job, worked here for almost 5 years. Left do to many mistakes that I have made in this past year. Was very hard leaving this place with the many relationships I’ve made over the years. I will never forget the friends I’ve made here....They have made it easier working here for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COPS Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.