OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE (COPS Monitoring)

COPS Monitoring Culture reviews

Easy to work
Director Of Technology/Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 17, 2019
I found it an enjoyable place to work will full execess to the excitive team at any time i needed there input on any thing at all. Defineity a place I enjoyed working at
Cool
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2018
The work environment is comparable to being around family members you like being around, the managers are fun and always there to help. It was a cool work place.
Sr Mgmt is out of touch
Office (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJune 18, 2018
Focus is lavish parties instead of pay and benefits. Terrible PTO. Good co-workers. High turnover. Everyone always walking on egg shells. Poor sense of priorities. Don is the only Sr Mgr that has a clue.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
PTO and pay are terrible, culture based on fear
Great job
Emergency Alarm Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMay 27, 2018
Struggles outweigh the benefits but the benefits are great. The job as an emergency dispatcher is a perfect fit as an introductory job to the workforce but not as a career.
Pros
A lot of voluntary overtime availability
Cons
work culture, favoritism, unsatisfactory break time limits
productive enviroment
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  texasJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day of work was very enjoyable. There were great people that worked there and the site manager was amazing. Hands down the best boss I have ever had. I learned so much about myself like how to be patient with others and smiling will always help your day go faster. The hardest part of the job was dealing with storms and not being able to physically help the customers.
Pros
wonderful management
Cons
feeling powerless sometimes
Respect, you get what you give.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Through my employment at COPS Monitoring, I have felt like part of a family. My coworkers, supervisors, and managers made me feel valued and important. As a result of my own hard work and determination to succeed, I was promoted to Supervisor and now I am able to “pass it on” and encourage the promotion of the dispatchers who show their potential to achieve their goals as well! The workplace culture is very positive, encouraging, and compassionate. Each employee of COPS Monitoring takes a personality test before being hired. From my experience, there is definitely a certain type of person we look to hire. Someone who is sympathetic towards others, enjoys helping people, and wants to be part of a team. It doesn't matter the color of your skin, your religious belief, orientation, etc... What COPS cares about is what's inside. They see your potential, and help you become excellent at what you do. On top of that, COPS goes out of their way to make you feel appreciated as an employee. You will be recognized for going above and beyond in your actions, you have the potential to earn $150 every 3 months just for being present and on time, you have the option to participate in Club 6 trips quarterly - joining your coworkers and management for an activity and meal free of pay, and lastly, the extravagant holiday party. As a supervisor, I strive to remain fair, to teach others, to help our customers, and create a pleasant environment for my coworkers. There are many people who stand out to either extreme (such as perfect attendance v. being reprimanded or fired for attendance) as there  more... are in any job. The difference with COPS Monitoring is we are not just a "job". This is a company that values it's employees and looks for employees who value the company. You get what you give. Many people are not up for that level of commitment, and therefore are expunged.
If you are looking for a career where you will be accepted as part of a team, save someone’s life, and have the opportunity to advance; apply to COPS Monitoring.
Pros
discounted vending machines on property, bonuses, holiday party, club 6, having an opinion and being heard, equality, saving lives and helping others, benefits, recognition
Cons
If you are not a team player and you don't want to learn and advance within the company, you will not enjoy your career choice
Great place
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 24, 2017
Great place to work every friendly staff. Everyone is extremely nice the clients are very nice and it was overall just a nice work place I don't have bad reviews.
Cool incentives
Sales Support/Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJuly 9, 2016
The incentives are nice. Fun work trainings. They recognize birthdays. Flexibility with schedules. Family is important.
awesome job and great enviorment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2016
a typical day at work consist of siting down and a computer and making phone calls and helping customers with thier alarms and dispatching police when needed. the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are difficult to communicate with.
good place to work if you like call centers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton. FLOctober 28, 2014
has good culture, management is available. Liked all my coworkers.
The hardest part of the job for me was the loud environment of coworkers made it difficult to hear callers at times, and the extended time sitting in one place. It was stressful in that I had to call authorities on people who could not remember passcodes and then had to listen to them yelling and cursing at me for doing my job. I learned to be patient with the yelling and in some cases calm the people down.
It is rewarding to actually dispatch authorities to people who actually do need them and to be there for them in their time of need.
Have discovered though, that a sit down job is just not for me.