CORA Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Company that looks out for their employees
training manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLNovember 20, 2018
Great place to be apart of. Growing company with good benefits. Great leadership and room for growth. Upper management extremely motivating. Fantastic
Pros
Ability to write your own ticket through personal goals
Cons
Na
CORA- Treating People Right
Assitant Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2018
CORA's motto is "Treating Everyone Right". This means the patients, our referral sources and the employees! I have had over 3 great years of experience with CORA and do not plan on leaving anytime soon! A great company with great growth and opportunities.
Poor management
Psc (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 31, 2018
Poor management. Expect you to work through lunch and stay after hours but don't allow overtime. Management very unprofessional. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional
fun to work with co-workers
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 20, 2018
My personal manager was great and my co-workers were fun to work with. I feel the amount of workload compared to compensation were not fair or equal. I was hired on during the recession, and at some point they balanced it out with "certain" employees and not with others. I imagine the ones that made an issue out of it, were the ones who had their pay increased. The CEO's and upper administration were not fair and unjust as their corporate office was out of state.Their main focus was on numbers and not genuine care for the patients. They wanted quality and quantity, but that is just not reasonable something has got to give.If it wasn't for my co-workers I probably would've left a lot sooner.
Pros
They did give us free lunches, but took that away, Healthcare was good and they did offer a lot of advancement classes for clinicians.
Cons
Not valued as an employ or even as a person. They focus way too much on negative.
supportive and fun workplace
Physical Therapy Assistant in Outpatient setting (Former Employee) –  sebring, flOctober 10, 2018
This was my first job out of school and the owner of the company took me under his wing and led and guided me without restrictions or any bias that I was a new grad.
Hostile
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 8, 2018
I was here for over 5 years and The turn over rate is horrible, they don't train employees good. they is no loyalty here. No job is good enough for them, management is very poor. The CEO don't care about no employees, they expect you todo a 3 person job, and they don't do anything for there employees. Therapist are overworked. Regional manger will tell you to trust her and then back stab you. I was stressed 24/7 here and cried everyday, don't do it to yourself
Pros
One hr lunch
Cons
Poor managment, no bouns, Hostile enviromet
They Only care about the money
Referral Coordinator/ Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
The day to day duties increase drastically. Unfortunately the only employees that may be able to get promotions and raises are the clinicians. The load is very stressful and you are micromanaged from every possible angle. I love the patients and the job I do however the poor management of having one Therapist see 3-5 patients every hour on the hour is way too much. Patients are not getting the treatment they deserve when their clinician is being split between 4 other individuals. If patients no show or cancel appointments, management automatically blame the front desk coordinators. Clinicians are "flexed" an hour if they aren't efficient, meaning having zero patients for the hour due to cancellation, they are forced to take PTO.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
They treat their PSC's like garbage.
Good company
United States Medical Director, I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
A good group of people with a large multicenter culture and good people. A good working environment and quality patient care make each day enjoyable and supportive.
Pros
good people
Work Atmosphere
Patient Service Coordinator/Business (Former Employee) –  Patient CoordinatorMay 23, 2018
Made daily calls. Check in/out patients Made daily deposits of collected copayments answered phones greeted clients upon arrival, cleaned office general office duties
Wonderful Patients
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 5, 2018
Very underpaid for job expected. Newer employees are not trained properly and just sent out to fail. First 8 years of my employment were wonderful. Very high turnover of staff.
Good pay and benefits
UltraFit Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 24, 2018
Fairly paid with great benefits. I enjoyed what I did, but the jumping through hoops got a little tiring. Sometimes the Sports Medicine program is poorly organized.
Unrealistic Workload
PT (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 14, 2018
I worked for CORA in 2015. My workload was very overwhelming. I visited 3 patients in one hour. Sometimes 2. I had to stay late at least for one hour to complete paperwork. That extra time was unpaid. When I had some issues I contacted management, but they didn't help at all.
Pros
It provided good exposure to variety of patients.
Cons
A PT's workload is too hectic, expectation to PT to visit 20-22 patients a day, 2 and 3 patients seen by a PT in one hour, and Management is not interested in solving PT's problems.
If you cant manage 3-4 pts an hour you do not want to work here.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 6, 2018
High pt volume sometimes 3-4 pts an hour. It is suppose to be a 3-2-1 per hour for the day however as a PTA for me usually 4-3-1. Unrealistic expectations for documentation as you mostly have to do on your own time. 401K is a joke, medical benefits reasonable for you only for family prices are too high. I love my work and the patients but the high pt load can be stressful and make you feel like quality of care is not important to company.
Cora Kendall
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2017
Excellent company to work for depending on location and manager. Cora in Kendall has a great team. I absolutely loved it there but had to leave because of personal reasons.
Overworked
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 18, 2017
As with most outpatient clinics, it was extremely busy leaving minimal one on one time between therapist and patient. No lunch hour was given. Management was good.
Great team
Physical Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 14, 2017
Great place to work.
Therapists are really involved and caring.
Everyone is friendly, I was there for a 9 month internship and I am so glad I was able to learn everything I did
Worst place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2017
Worst place to work. They don't care about there employee, all they care is NUMBERSSS. Cannot trust anyone. Worst management. Everyone work under pressure.
Pros
like the hours
great beginner job
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
I was a PSR for Cora. No room for advancement in that position. Patient requirements were not feasible for good care or therapists. I do know people that still work there and they statement there has been some improvements, but still no advancements for PSRs.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is good
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Supportive and fun work place
Insurance Poster (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH 45805June 13, 2017
Loved my time at CORA. Great people, great management, supportive network. They were always willing to work with a working mom's schedule. The only reason I left was because my husband accepted a job in
Nice place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
At the present time I'm working Per Diem, but I been with this company since 2007. I learned a lot and the experience that I got is invaluable , at this time I'm not getting any benefits since I don't work full time, but during the years that I worked full time the benefits were vey good