CORA Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Packed unethical schedule. Personally have been exposed to between 4-6 patients an hour. At its worst I have witnessed one therapist who was forced to handle a workload of 50 patients for the day. Work is divided unfairly between coworkers often. Complaints to upper management will fall on deaf ears. Management will tend to favor certain employees over others. No consistent disciplining of employees (some will be reprimanded while others receive a blind eye to their actions) from management. Management will consistently lie to employees. No compensation for seeing more patients compared to other clinics.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management. Stressful enviornment.
Excellent experience
SPTA (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I was interning at CORA. the experience was great. My clinical instructor is very easy to talk to and was very knowledgeable in the field. The entire staff members was great to work with. It helped that the supervising PT is a real people's person and we shared common interests such as basketball. The job is very fast paced so the time goes by really fast. I enjoyed myself and look forward working there officially in the future.
Pros
Helping people getting to their prior level of function.
Cons
Very fast paced. Not for everybody
Stimulating work culture
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach FLJanuary 23, 2019
It is a fast paced environment. There is plenty of work to do. You must be highly organized and have a friendly welcoming attitude. Since it is an up and coming national company there is plenty of room for advancement.
High productivity standards, poor management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 15, 2019
Company has competitive salary and benefits, but high productivity standards and poor mid level management. Therapists are expected to see 3 or 4 patients at a time and are reprimanded when patients cancel or the schedule is not up to the "clinical labor efficiency" standards, which is judged based upon an average of patients seen per day vs the budget that was set for the clinic.
Advancement opportunities are definitely there, partially due to staff turnover rates. The company has a very heavy focus on statistics and you will be judged based upon your "numbers".
They do have great continuing education benefits and overall most of the staff is great.

Therapists are slightly over worked compared to the average which reduces quality of patient care and increases employee burnout.

Company motto is "treating everyone right" but this does not necessarily apply to employees.

If you are more interested in career advancement and benefits than daily job satisfaction then this may be for you. Otherwise I would look elsewhere.
Pros
Good continuing education benefits, relatively competitive salary, friendly staff overall
Cons
High productivity standards, poor management, potentially unethical standards for patient care
fun work place
PTA Student (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLJanuary 7, 2019
This was a work experience school job which molded me to the fast paced environment of an outpatient settings. The job site was near to my home and this was a additional benefit of working their
Pros
could go home for lunch
Cons
low salary
Fun dealing with patients
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Seeing the same patients over a certain amount of time, you get to have a relationship with these patients and gain more trust with them. This allows for the job to be less stress free because the patients trust what you are doing in accordance tot heir rehab.
Terrible Office Management
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 15, 2018
Some of the people with higher positions are very unprofessional, unfair, and have no good Ethic. Staff is not treated fairly based on the employees that are the favorites. Scold employees for mistakes in front of other employees and also patients. NO JOB SECURITY! Was there for 3 months no write ups no attendance issues but was let go on my 91st day for not being like! No valid reason for termination and unemployment was received. These people wear a fake smile pretend to be helpful and caring and are not only care about how much a patient insurance is paying and money not patients lives and or injuries !
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Company that looks out for their employees
training manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLNovember 20, 2018
Great place to be apart of. Growing company with good benefits. Great leadership and room for growth. Upper management extremely motivating. Fantastic
Pros
Ability to write your own ticket through personal goals
Cons
Na
CORA- Treating People Right
Assitant Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2018
CORA's motto is "Treating Everyone Right". This means the patients, our referral sources and the employees! I have had over 3 great years of experience with CORA and do not plan on leaving anytime soon! A great company with great growth and opportunities.
Okay.
PATIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  GANovember 16, 2018
With Cora's recent restructuring in the area, the management team really needs evaluated. Other than that, it is a great company to work for with lots of growth.
Poor management
Psc (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 31, 2018
Poor management. Expect you to work through lunch and stay after hours but don't allow overtime. Management very unprofessional. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional
fun to work with co-workers
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 20, 2018
My personal manager was great and my co-workers were fun to work with. I feel the amount of workload compared to compensation were not fair or equal. I was hired on during the recession, and at some point they balanced it out with "certain" employees and not with others. I imagine the ones that made an issue out of it, were the ones who had their pay increased. The CEO's and upper administration were not fair and unjust as their corporate office was out of state.Their main focus was on numbers and not genuine care for the patients. They wanted quality and quantity, but that is just not reasonable something has got to give.If it wasn't for my co-workers I probably would've left a lot sooner.
Pros
They did give us free lunches, but took that away, Healthcare was good and they did offer a lot of advancement classes for clinicians.
Cons
Not valued as an employ or even as a person. They focus way too much on negative.
supportive and fun workplace
Physical Therapy Assistant in Outpatient setting (Former Employee) –  sebring, flOctober 10, 2018
This was my first job out of school and the owner of the company took me under his wing and led and guided me without restrictions or any bias that I was a new grad.
Hostile
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 8, 2018
I was here for over 5 years and The turn over rate is horrible, they don't train employees good. they is no loyalty here. No job is good enough for them, management is very poor. The CEO don't care about no employees, they expect you todo a 3 person job, and they don't do anything for there employees. Therapist are overworked. Regional manger will tell you to trust her and then back stab you. I was stressed 24/7 here and cried everyday, don't do it to yourself
Pros
One hr lunch
Cons
Poor managment, no bouns, Hostile enviromet
They Only care about the money
Referral Coordinator/ Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
The day to day duties increase drastically. Unfortunately the only employees that may be able to get promotions and raises are the clinicians. The load is very stressful and you are micromanaged from every possible angle. I love the patients and the job I do however the poor management of having one Therapist see 3-5 patients every hour on the hour is way too much. Patients are not getting the treatment they deserve when their clinician is being split between 4 other individuals. If patients no show or cancel appointments, management automatically blame the front desk coordinators. Clinicians are "flexed" an hour if they aren't efficient, meaning having zero patients for the hour due to cancellation, they are forced to take PTO.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
They treat their PSC's like garbage.
Good company
United States Medical Director, I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
A good group of people with a large multicenter culture and good people. A good working environment and quality patient care make each day enjoyable and supportive.
Pros
good people
Work Atmosphere
Patient Service Coordinator/Business (Former Employee) –  Patient CoordinatorMay 23, 2018
Made daily calls. Check in/out patients Made daily deposits of collected copayments answered phones greeted clients upon arrival, cleaned office general office duties
Wonderful Patients
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 5, 2018
Very underpaid for job expected. Newer employees are not trained properly and just sent out to fail. First 8 years of my employment were wonderful. Very high turnover of staff.
Good pay and benefits
UltraFit Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 24, 2018
Fairly paid with great benefits. I enjoyed what I did, but the jumping through hoops got a little tiring. Sometimes the Sports Medicine program is poorly organized.
Unrealistic Workload
PT (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 14, 2018
I worked for CORA in 2015. My workload was very overwhelming. I visited 3 patients in one hour. Sometimes 2. I had to stay late at least for one hour to complete paperwork. That extra time was unpaid. When I had some issues I contacted management, but they didn't help at all.
Pros
It provided good exposure to variety of patients.
Cons
A PT's workload is too hectic, expectation to PT to visit 20-22 patients a day, 2 and 3 patients seen by a PT in one hour, and Management is not interested in solving PT's problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORA Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.