CORA Physical Therapy Culture reviews

fun fast paced place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMarch 22, 2019
CORA is a very fun and engaging place to work! All my co-workers are very kind and helpful. The caseload is mostly orthopedic. The patients are very pleasant and ready to work.
High productivity standards, poor management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 15, 2019
Company has competitive salary and benefits, but high productivity standards and poor mid level management. Therapists are expected to see 3 or 4 patients at a time and are reprimanded when patients cancel or the schedule is not up to the "clinical labor efficiency" standards, which is judged based upon an average of patients seen per day vs the budget that was set for the clinic.
Advancement opportunities are definitely there, partially due to staff turnover rates. The company has a very heavy focus on statistics and you will be judged based upon your "numbers".
They do have great continuing education benefits and overall most of the staff is great.

Therapists are slightly over worked compared to the average which reduces quality of patient care and increases employee burnout.

Company motto is "treating everyone right" but this does not necessarily apply to employees.

If you are more interested in career advancement and benefits than daily job satisfaction then this may be for you. Otherwise I would look elsewhere.
Pros
Good continuing education benefits, relatively competitive salary, friendly staff overall
Cons
High productivity standards, poor management, potentially unethical standards for patient care
Good company
United States Medical Director, I (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
A good group of people with a large multicenter culture and good people. A good working environment and quality patient care make each day enjoyable and supportive.
Pros
good people
Cora Kendall
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2017
Excellent company to work for depending on location and manager. Cora in Kendall has a great team. I absolutely loved it there but had to leave because of personal reasons.
Great team
Physical Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 14, 2017
Great place to work.
Therapists are really involved and caring.
Everyone is friendly, I was there for a 9 month internship and I am so glad I was able to learn everything I did
Supportive and fun work place
Insurance Poster (Former Employee) –  Lima, OH 45805June 13, 2017
Loved my time at CORA. Great people, great management, supportive network. They were always willing to work with a working mom's schedule. The only reason I left was because my husband accepted a job in
Productive and staff is very helpful and open, making the workplace enjoyable
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLAugust 1, 2016
Productive and staff is very helpful and open, making the workplace enjoyable. Learned different ways to achieve patient goals. The hardest part was the hours however, the best part was seeing a wide variety of patients and learning different techniques from different employees.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic: great benefits, great atmosphere, oppurtunity for growth in company
Clinic Manager, North Dade clinic (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJune 7, 2016
I began working at Cora in 2010 in this same location in North Dade, when I graduated PT school. Since then, I have had nothing but a fun, fulfilling time at work, building relationships with my co-workers as well as loving the interactions I have with patients. There is room for growth within the company, as the company continues to grow across multiple states on almost a daily basis. I have great benefit options, vacation time is unmatched, pay is competitive, as well as flexibility of schedule and even flexibility of location. I had to move across the state for a family issue for 1 year, and my manager set me up with another Cora clinic without hesitation. The day I moved I started work at that Cora, and was welcomed with open arms. When I needed to come back to North Dade, they brought me back in. I've worked on top cruise ships with world class performers, national volleyball tournaments, and taken in house CEU courses, all set up by Cora. Cora is a terrific place to work and grow as a professional.
Outstanding company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2016
I would recommend working for Cora. Their compensation is better than most companies, full range of benefits, respectful, and a supportive team environment. Cora has a very strong company purpose from their business model to their culture. They are also committed to what they do and Cora has a good work balance.
Pros
Team members
Great Atmosphere
Clinic Manager / Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2016
Great people to work with. Fun, energetic atmosphere! Company encourages personal growth in Physical Therapy by providing CEUs and paying for CEUs. Company has great benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc). I feel part of a team along with the other Managers, the Regional Manager upto the VP of Operations! There's an open door policy which allows for smooth communication. I love what I do and where I do! :)
Great stable company.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2016
Great company and team to work for, able to to see different diagnosis and have mentors to consult and share ideas. Co-workers and management very well prepare and with high standars with costumer service.
Great Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic with coworkers that feel like family
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 5, 2016
I joined CORA in summer of 2015 when my husband and I relocated to Pinellas county. I was initially hired as a full time staff PT. My favorite part of working for CORA is the people that have made me feel welcome and now feel like family. CORA offers competitive pay, mentorship programs, CEU budget, 401k, health benefits, PTO and life insurance. There is also opportunities for promotions as well. I had opportunity to become clinic manager after working for this company after 1 year. Management is very supportive.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive coworkers, CEU budget
great company
PTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 3, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. Grateful for my time with them. Most enjoyable part of this job was the people. I love the diversity of the staff as well as the patients coming through the door.
This was a great place.
Speech Language Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 23, 2015
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues. This place is full of professionals who really care about patients.
Pros
Great
Cons
N/a
Friendly Environment with great therapists
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 30, 2015
Cora Rehabilitation has an amazing staff who are very friendly and personable. A typical day at work consisted of helping the patients with their physical therapy exercises and making sure they were comfortable in every way. I learned a lot of knew skills such as how to execute certain exercises for certain body parts. My management was good, very understanding and compassionate about their job and business. My co-workers were excellent people who always kept it professional. The hardest part about the job would have to be dealing with some difficult patients but that was a rare occurrence. The most enjoyable part would have to be that it was so rewarding, seeing patients come in with tons of pain and leaving so happy and relieved knowing that my staff and I had a big part to play in that happiness.
Pros
Gaining knowledge I didnt have before
Cons
no benefits.
Nice place and co workers
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2014
Good co workers and supervisor, great patients. Fantastic work hrs and location.
It was a good job but not much room for advancement.
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 18, 2013
A typical day at work was never really typical. It was always something different which I enjoyed.