Corbins Electric Employee Reviews

It was great at the time, but ownership changed and it was not the same
General Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2018
It was great at the time, but ownership changed and it was not the same. I worked there on 2 separate occasions. The first time for about 5 years. I loved my job and was transferred to New Mexico where they did not follow the Company's mission. But prior to that it was the best place to work.When I came back the 2nd time there was a change in ownership and it just lost its flair.
Apprentice Electrcian (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
My foreman was an amazing teacher and mentor. Although I would prefer more career advancement opportunities. I felt like there was so much more I could have been learning and wanted to pursue schooling.
Fun place to work. safe work culture
Foreman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2018
Great management, was always held accountable, growing experience. Decent pay, a lot of freedom to make your own choices. Management was willing to help you grow in your career.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
Corbins Electric Sucks
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2018
This company does not live its core values or care about its employees. Bad place to work. Everyone is back stabbers and everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
opprotunity
Cons
management
Great
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2018
great place to work. stupendous i loved it it was always a new challenge couldnt aske for better people to work i would recommend it to any one super
Okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
I learned many things about the company and how machines work and how to work with others. Only bad thing was my manager who had it out for me. I learned how to stock things and inventory things. Hardest part was heavy lifting especially when management didn't want to use forklift to help us out. Putting away heavy objects by hand can be time consuming especially since you have to be careful and coordinated in order to be safe and not hurt yourself in the procress.
Pros
Other co workers
Cons
no option to work through breaks, rules unclear at times
Work your butt off and no one thanks you. Do more with less should be there motto.
Annoymous (Former Employee) –  Intel OcotilloMarch 10, 2018
Core values are a joke. Upper-senior management all know each other somehow someway. This organizations wants a yes person.. they don’t like new ideas brought up. They don’t do reviews ever on employees. Don’t expect to move up in a higher position if you are a hard worker and work your tail off. Corbins Electric don’t develop foremen they just throw them out in the field and expect them to perform. You have to train people and set them up for success which Corbins doesn’t do. Corbins pays journeyman and apprentices low pay. There are only a few good superintendents and managers.
Pros
interaction with crews
Cons
Pay, work a ton and no thank you from anyone, no employee reviews .. you can’t get better if you are never reviewed
Outstanding and unappreciated.
VC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Love this place. I have worked for several truly outstanding companies. This place is no exception. True innovators in the industry. We actually do what other companies only say they do. As one of the guys in the BIM department I see first hand that we are the cutting edge of technology in the industry. We are always trying to push that limit higher all the time.

This is the type of place that is wide open for your advancement if you want it and are willing to put in the effort. It's really up to you.
The company is willing to invest in good people. They offer plenty of training. They won't hang you out to dry the first, second or even the 5th time you are late to work if you are a good employee. Just don't take advantage of the kindness and you will be fine.

Take a chance. Apply and judge for yourself.
Pros
Understanding of the fact that life happens.
Cons
Sometimes gives people too many chances who just are not a good fit for the position.
very stressfull
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2018
too much favoritism, some of the people there were more worried about my work than the standing around they do when they should be busy. nothing was ever consistent with completing a task. Then you get grief for not getting done with it. quite frustrating. overall a good bunch of fellows though.
Pros
long lunches, working on my own
Cons
using all ladders instead of lifts
Wasteland filled with tyrants & bullies !!!
VC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 5, 2018
WARNING: Do not come here. I repeat Do not come here.

Your efforts will be shattered. Dead Management. The Managers are just for name-sake. The company is run by bullies. There are hardly any benefits. Corbins Electric should not even be on any of your options. Less or No appreciation & Lots and Lots of criticism regardless of your positive behavior and good work. The most dreadful company I have ever worked in my career. I am just hanging in here for monetary & personal issues in my life. But all in all, do not waste your time here if you want to have a successful career.
Pros
I wish I could have given None or Negative stars
Cons
Countless
Productive and safe environment
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2018
Morning huddle with information about the day or week. Sign into PTP. Get materials and work areas ready. Start working. 30 minute lunch break. Back to work until clean up. Sign out and huddle up to leave.
Great family feel to the company
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2018
Great company to work for, competitive pay, great benefits, outstanding upper management, constantly pushing you to learn and become a better electrician
Extreme working conditions at the Intel worksites.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 29, 2017
There is a whole new level of safety awareness at the Intel sites that Corbins works at. Several issues come from the time it takes to get materials and approvals for the work asked to be completed. But the pay is fair and there are lots of knowledgable leads to learn from if you exercise lots of patience with the process.
Pros
Inexpensive team apparel
Cons
Lip service and pencil whipping policies to appease Intel Pressures.
Great place altogether
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
Really great place if you want to get into construction definitely do it here phenomenal place great people hard working people are here high end quality construction is here and great job caring about its employees and Osha
Friendly work enviorment
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJMay 29, 2017
The employees and lower management were very friendly and easy to work with. aside from tight time requirements on many job sites it is a fairly stress free place to work.
Horrible Management
Virtual Construction Designer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Management is very poor. They micromanage and scheme behind your back. Very stressful place to work at. Upper management is full of people that look down upon you and have no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
micromanagement, short breaks, upper management.
Work in the field not the office
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
Management is all related or knows each other for numerous years, wont move up unless you are in that group

They will cut ties with anyone who doesn't follow with their "culture" without a warning. Seems like revolving door unless you are management. Its either you are there less than a 1 or been there 5 plus
Pros
Non management workers and pay
Cons
Management, Culture
Great Company depends on who you work for
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
They have a great culture as long as you agree with everything they say. You can have your own opinion as long as it matches with the management, if not you will be fired. Depending on who you work for they will lie to management and when you request assistance from HR they will fire you.

The field is entirely different, the field personnel are amazing! Supers watch out for their employees, they guide and teach them.
Moving in the right direction.
Foreman, Lineman (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time and the shift in culture change. They have put a lot of time and effort into there lean concepts which I really feel it started to make a difference. There is still work to be done and I wish everyone there the best of luck.
An average day could be started all over I've been eighty feet up on the steel to man holes and ditches. Large wire pulls, heavy equipment and crane picks to control wires. The versatility is a plus for me. The co-workers I found feed off of the leadership. If the leadership wants to do good and make things happen then the crew is right behind them. That being said all my co-workers have been a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job for me trying to delegate important tasks without enough time to fully teach. Without a second good lead man it is challenging to be very efficient. The most enjoyable part is diving in the prints trying to think of everything you could possible need describing it to the crew and it falling in place like you pictured it in you head.
Pros
Room for advancement for people who want to achieve.
Cons
Gap in management and field, makes job security feel insecure.
learned safety, and how to bend rigid
Electrical worker (Former Employee) –  Intel ChandlerSeptember 11, 2016
great company to work for. Worked at Intel plant in Chandler AZ. set hours everyday, Run a variety of conduits including rigid, learned to operate boom lifts.
Pros
building
Cons
AZ heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corbins Electric. Our community is ready to answer.