Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard fast paced enviroment
Full case order selector (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2018
Hard job as a full case selector. Long summer shifts and short winter nights. If you are a hard worker and suck up you will get treated better and get certain advantages than most. In other words favoritism. For the most part the warehouse jobs are production based ie: accuracy and speed. As an order selector the type of order you are working on can help or hurt your production. Management is clueless and doesn't listen to employees or care about them. Hands off is their view on how to run the warehouse rather than hands on. Paychecks are all over the place and are never the same. One week you can get a really good check, then the next you will have a really small check.
Pros
4 day work weeks. Sometimes 3 days together. Benefits. 401k.
Cons
Work on holidays. Volume goes down alot during the winter. Favoritism everywhere. Poor pay.
Awful place to work
Select (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 18, 2018
Management is horrible doesn’t do their job & lies to get people to work. HR lady is disengaged, doesn’t care about any issue if it diesnt involve management. Shifts are treated differently, 2nd shift is not given the same opportunities as 1st shift. Management bases advance and OWED raises off of favoritism. No sense of security or appreciation for workers. Work ethic doesn’t matter if management doesn’t “like” you. It’s almost like a bad high school movie!
Pros
It’s a paying job
Cons
Absolute horrible place to work
Entrepreneurial, Growth Oriented, overwhelming opportunities!
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2018
Each Division is run as its own company, receiving guidance and support from the overall head office to achieve the self made plans of each. They live their values of Family, Integrity, Pioneering, Commitment and Customer Centricity, and look to their people to provide the solutions that work best for caring for their people and their customers with little in the way of centralized direction. If you're a thought leader at whatever level of your career, you can definitely progress quickly in this company!
Pros
Little to no politics, different day each day
Cons
hard to stay focused on overall strategy while realizing daily opportunities
All depends on who your boss is
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2018
The culture is unique due some old school management style ( swearing screaming and throwing things in meetings along with personally be-littleing people in front of other) most of that has turned over in the past few years. The margins are horrible and for some reason they thing that every year you should be able to reduce expenses by 3%-5% without any investments in tech. They have always struggled to promote from within and the MOPST important thing is who is your division president. That person controls your world in either a good or a bad way. The pay was decent and they try and take care of the few people who perform.
Cool managers, Melding Co Workers
Picker, Core Mark. Plymouth (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 5, 2018
Managers and Supervisors are pretty chill. Pay is good for what you do. BUT BEWARE of the old and forever workers there. There are a few old hens that like to spread gossip and create lies to management and HR just to stir the pot. Unfortunately this company will do anything to keep staff fully stocked. Meaning, they will re-hire past employees who like to be on their phone during work hours, and do what they can to NOT work, and not get caught. I only had Sundays and Mondays off.
Pros
Cool Managers, Nice Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Slimy Employees
Excellent company with great benefits
Worker (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHDecember 14, 2018
Core-Mark is very new to the area so not a lot of visability yet.
They stress Core-Values with Family the center of their values
Are there long hours at times - yes...but they are new to the area and still in the building mode.As they continue to take on new customers it is a process to get the systems in place - but that is to be expected. Once they can get the workforce settled in - this will be an amazing place to work.
Pros
Benefits, wage, not complicated work, new building, clean and safe environment
Cons
Still working on work life balance
Great Culture and Values
Corporate Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2018
Core-Mark has great core values and a management team that cares about having a work life balance. Flexible schedule for long commutes and good compensation and benefits. Continuing education is valued and encouraged for all team members.
You get out what you put in
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 5, 2018
I have been with Core-Mark for 3 1/2 years now. I started in the warehouse and have since moved to the front office. That transition consisted of many hours of hard work and dedication. I took advantage of the companies Tuition Reimbursement program and received $7,000 towards my continued education. I can personally vouch that Core-Mark likes to promote from within; IF YOU WANT TO BE HERE, THEY WANT TO KEEP YOU HERE.

The Minneapolis division has great leadership and has created a great environment for the employees to work in. I have been lucky enough to always have a great Manager to help guide me and mold me into a better employee/person. These are the type of people that hand out their personal cell phone numbers so you can contact them over the weekend if needed. They truly care about their employees.

I thoroughly enjoy all the contests and events we do as a company. Fantasy Football, Chili Cook-off, Biggest Loser, Safety Poker, Employee Appreciation Meal, and many more. Not everyone participates in all the competitions, but as the title says, YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN.

I’M ALL IN!!
Pros
The Benefits / My Co-Workers / Exceptional Management / Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Great place to work! I love it!
Each selector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2018
I'm a real person that works at core-mark now at the Tampa location I really do love the job I'm a selector with cigarettes sometimes candy or even HBC health beauty care items. Very fast place but right now it's about Safety and quality. They rather us be 100% accuracy than fast. I can honestly say H.R is great she does her job Even the mangers and BIG wigs are very nice people I'm not kissing butt either it's a great job 11.00 to start off. 50cent raise in 90days another 180 days be on time love the job and go home. Some night are very long get rest and come back and do it again . I just want to say thanks CoreMark for giving me a chance I can't complain. So if you looking for a job FULL time with benefits fill out an application tell them Sam send you we get an bonus as well can't go wrong with that free money!
Pros
Job security, wages, nice team of people
Cons
Their working on it I can't complain management is trying to figure out what's better for US
Merchandiser
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 10, 2018
Merchandisers get no recognition but usually does a lot of hard work. Core-mark is cheap and does not pay employees well. I worked there for 6 years and barely made 12 bucks an hour. When the minimum wage went up they did not compensate the employees who been there for years and let them get paid 25 cents more than a new hire.
Pros
Work independantly
Cons
Raises
Very negative place to work at
Freezer Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 6, 2018
Extremely long hours and hostile working environment. Very negative. Rarely got positive feedback. Worked 12+ hours a day often in the summer time. As a supervisor who was salaried; I was only making about $7.00 an hour because of the long hours.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Extremely long hours, negativity, hostility
Awesome benefits and room for growth
Worker (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHNovember 19, 2018
My ideas and suggestions are always welcomed. Management listens to your needs. Great employee referral program. Benefits were cheaper than my last job by far. Very casual clothes and they are very fair to everyone
Pros
Benefits, dress code, new building, good manager
Cons
Work hours can be more than expected
If you really need a job and dont have any more options, come here.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 8, 2018
This is not a bad place to work, but the people there are cut throat. I was a driver and there had been many days when I will go to work and I have to start late because I didn't have a truck. And there had been many times when the warehouse people will load my truck any kind of a way. Meaning that my loads will be screwed up. This happened 2-3 times a week , every week for a whole year. And the only thing the managers would say is that they will take care of it. But, I never saw any results from that. This place would have been a better place to work at if it had more route consistency- routes that stayed the same, more likely than not, better salary-base pay, true team players and no favoritism.
Pros
It pays your bills
Cons
The people that abuse their authority in order to screw you over
Not a fun work place
Selector/Picker auditor/stocker (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GAJuly 17, 2018
Only thong good a bout this job is the benefit they have manager everybody want to be the boss u nevet movr up in the company once u do move up couple months later u fired if i could give them a star it would be a neg.star
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough pay bad management from the top to the bottom
I would not recommend this place to anyone
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 22, 2018
Management is very poor they all have their favorites they don't train you properly just put you on the floor on your own and expect you to know where everything goes, this is a place for lazy people because they get treated better than those who really do.
Pros
good medical
Cons
not much of advancement
Terrible company to work for
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 17, 2018
This company (Division ft worth) is run by dishonest management. They hide markdown items/dollar amounts in hidden files.
When delivery drivers are terminated they are held of the books to show a higher retention rate to corporate h.r.
Managers/supervisors are threaten with thier jobs daily.
The office culture is cut throat and back stabbing goes on daily.
All good management leaves after they realize what type of organization this is. This division needs to clean house from the top down.
I would never recommend this company to anyone to work at.
Pros
Cons
Operated by dishonest individuals
Overall terrible experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
(Las Vegas) Intially the job was ok... we had overtime on the daily basis but nothing overwhelming. Once they started losing contracts they shortened the staff leaving the work load for the remaining staff. 14 hour shifts became the norm and management acted as if it was the fault of employees. I made some money but nothing substantial... the benefits are great but outside of that it’s not worth not having a life.
Benefits
Cons
No work, life balance, pay should be higher for full case positions
Management is horrible
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 8, 2018
Poor communication, limited advancement opportunities, constant issues with pay, inconsistent and illegal routes (drive time exceeds DOT regulations), long hours, little time for family, difficulty getting time off, low pay in comparison to other companies, excessive turn over with all levels including division presidents and management.
Pros
Benefits - Medical Care, Retirement
Cons
Extremely stressful and poor work environment and morale.
It was an ok place to work at.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 15, 2018
Fast-paced work and long hours. Management was chill, relaxed and always checked up on you to see how you were doing. Lots of heavy lifting and teamwork involved in everything you do.
Core-Mark was a great company to work for, and the experience has prepared me for what is to come.
Receptionist/Customer Service/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2018
This was a great company to work for. I mastered standards that I will bring to my next opportunity for employment. I interfaced with management at every level, which sharpened my listening skills. I found the culture to be congenial and yet polished. The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye. I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was learning about every aspect of logistics, and knowing that this is knowledge that no one can take from me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight