Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Select (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 18, 2018
Management is horrible doesn’t do their job & lies to get people to work. HR lady is disengaged, doesn’t care about any issue if it diesnt involve management. Shifts are treated differently, 2nd shift is not given the same opportunities as 1st shift. Management bases advance and OWED raises off of favoritism. No sense of security or appreciation for workers. Work ethic doesn’t matter if management doesn’t “like” you. It’s almost like a bad high school movie!
Pros
It’s a paying job
Cons
Absolute horrible place to work
flexable
Customer Service/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 17, 2018
this job has flexible hours. you drive your own car from each account. service fresh products in different convenience stores. must be self motivated.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
following your deliveries
Fun and Easy
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy working for CorMark so far, I’m still new to the company . I will say I have a great supervisor when it comes to my scheduling needs. Pay is ok but could be better. The type of work is easy and my Territory is not too bad.
Pros
Flexible and good work hours
Cons
Ok pay could be better
Easy place to work at and make quick money
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work for if your in it for the money. Management doesn’t have a clue what to do half the time though.
The work itself is easy but all repetitive
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Management is lost
Poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 5, 2018
Very stressful. 10 trans Managers in 4 years Overworked warehouse is a mess. You do other people’s work and can’t even do your own job you were hired to do.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Too many to list
Fast Paced and large territory to cover for one Food Service Mgr
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
Fast paced and have to be very organized. If you stick to a game plan one week out with installations and other program placements it is a very, very rewarding position.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
No advancement for F&B Manager
Ya it was a fun place it was forsure
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2018
See work there was great at first then they started demanding that we work 12 and 14 hour days could not do that with my family kid's and other then that it's pretty laidback i loved working there till they started demanding more then ten hour's a day and changing my schedule without asking me if i could do any earlier
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Ya shortbreaks
Good job its flexiable in hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 2, 2018
I liked the job you could keep yourself busy. It was flexible when and where you worked depending on when freight came in. Management let you do your route didn't micro manage.
Pros
Flexiable working scheduleing
Cons
no benenefits
great first job
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 1, 2018
great learning platform for anyone starting in the warehouse industry. people there are welcoming to new team members. hardest part is so many hours for such little pay.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 31, 2018
Challenging but a great place to work you work with some really great people who will take the necessary time you need to help you grow with the company.
Not bad unless in the freezer.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 30, 2018
Being forced into to freezer caused me to get sick often during the summer and they held that against you and if you agreed to work in there once they wont let you leave unless you quite or get fired for too many sick days.
Alright place of employment
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 29, 2018
It was fun but just need better management and better leadership in certain areas of expertise also just better communication between employees and management
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Poor leadership
Stressful because of poor nanagement & lack of budget
Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 26, 2018
Hard work. Little thanks and encouragement from managers. Stressful, people quitting and calling out constantly. No extra people to help drivers when their truck is overloded
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bust but work Always problems and issues due to poor management and lack of money
Fun fast paced
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 25, 2018
I loved this job it was great and fun to do. I had to find something with a little more money. I really miss this job it was the best one I have had in a long time they had great benefits. I would tell people about this place all the time.
Pros
You was always moving and just sitting down all day.
Cons
You had to work I think the ran and snow
Management doesn't care about anything
Selector (Former Employee) –  Township of Hanover, PAAugust 25, 2018
Terribly managed. Cannot recommend anyone work here. Expect a few employees to carry the entire warehouse load daily with no extra compensations. A lot of stress and little to no rewards.
favortism
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 22, 2018
employee allowed to treat others with disrespect and rude when needing help with scanners and other equipment, or just a problem needing help. Supervisor makes excuses when someone complains about employee doing wrong. Not made accountable, because knows that supervisor with let get away with it. Supervisors need to not have favoritism and treat all employees equal. not make excuses for the wrong the employee is doing.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
favortism, - not treating all employees as equal. makes excuses for the favored employee
Nice job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORAugust 18, 2018
I like the atmosphere there. The vibe is good. People tend to help you out in anyway possible the can. Needs to have more overtime and not get kicked out after 8hrs
Pros
It’s a jib
Cons
Not enough hrs for pay
wouldn't
Relief Route Driver & Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 18, 2018
Bad management bad employees worst company I ever worked for . Every man for themselves replenishment team is terrible spend more time eating the product then putting on the shelf
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay
Decent place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2018
The supervisors are very understanding and the schedules are flexible. They pay well considering the level of work and you're allowed to work full time hours.
For some pople
Warehouse Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, TXAugust 9, 2018
But not for me. There is nothing more defeating then working hard all day to finish on time, only to be sent to the line of people that were playing around all day. Especially when they have twice as many people already on that line, but somehow still have a ton of backed up orders.

I'd rather work hard and go home.
Pros
When you leave without helping another line
Cons
Warehouse, Lazy poeple, late night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight