Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

I loved working there
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 19, 2018
I loved the freedom of working there I loved three new people. I liked all my co workers and most of Tyne people at the stores. I liked driving because it got me familiar with the bay area.
Look some where else
Fl - Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2018
Worst place Ive worked at -many lies as to how your job works. Never payed me correctly they own me back pay. They say you are family but love to talk behind your back Lie about the distance you drive. Older cars get no perks but newer car does. By Thur. most come close to 40 hour by cheating on there time cards. But yet no one will come to help you when you still have work. They say no Sat but you work that day . They are so under staff
Pros
Cons
Not worth working at this place
Contract Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2018
Great place to work and develop professional skills. Enjoyed working with great managers and peers, but unfortunately, my position was a contract position.
Supervisor / Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 15, 2018
Good place to work and and develop. They have good benefits and retirement plan . Also room for advancement if you show the drive and ambition to do so.
Good job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMMay 14, 2018
you go to your on your route either order for the store give credits on send out of date produce back or place the order on the shelves rotate products
Pros
work at your pace most of the time
Cons
Sales Rep Pushing Products
Horrible work place
Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 11, 2018
Working here was based on favoritism never worked for a company that would pick sides. Management was horrible never fixed problems when need. Everything was done when convenient for them.
Pros
You work 4 days and have 3 days off
Cons
N/a
Not terrible, needs improvement
Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYMay 9, 2018
Not bad. Just underpaid in our location. Unfair wage evaluation. Need to be more respectful to all employees. Be more considerate to people's personal feelings.
Pros
Always work
Cons
People receiving more pay than others when they haven't been there very long. Unfair wage evaluation
No Application
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
Long hours and after work managers will guilt trip you into working back to back shifts. One week 6 drivers quit. If you have no life and need very little sleep this is the place for you. In 10 months I made $40,000. Was told $60k
Pros
Cons
Management hires people who dont know the job
good job
F/T Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 7, 2018
The day job turned into over nights. But I stayed with it. The trucks were mostly ready for us when we arrived to work. The company was on top of safety. Good work environment. Driving was the best part and seeing new areas. Worst part was lack of sleep
Well established company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 6, 2018
I was here for five years and was an ok job. There was a lot of laveral positions with no pay advancement. I worked as a meteral handler and forklift operator for that five years. Management was also pretty bad in someways.
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Healthcare was good
Terrible unprofessional
Picker (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAMay 4, 2018
Unprofessional, unorganized, Terrible job, Bad communication, Bad pay, Need improvement. Not a great work culture. The hardest part of the job wascommunication from the managers
Great place to work! I love it!
Each selector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2018
I'm a real person that works at core-mark now at the Tampa location I really do love the job I'm a selector with cigarettes sometimes candy or even HBC health beauty care items. Very fast place but right now it's about Safety and quality. They rather us be 100% accuracy than fast. I can honestly say H.R is great she does her job Even the mangers and BIG wigs are very nice people I'm not kissing butt either it's a great job 11.00 to start off. 50cent raise in 90days another 180 days be on time love the job and go home. Some night are very long get rest and come back and do it again . I just want to say thanks CoreMark for giving me a chance I can't complain. So if you looking for a job FULL time with benefits fill out an application tell them Sam send you we get an bonus as well can't go wrong with that free money!
Pros
Job security, wages, nice team of people
Cons
Their working on it I can't complain management is trying to figure out what's better for US
It was a great company to work for
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 3, 2018
Everyone at Core Mark was friendly and very job driven, very competitive but very mentoring as well. I learned a lot from my supervisor as well as my coworkers.
Horrible job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
Any job that doesn’t tell you that you could get rob doesn’t care about your safety. They just want you to come to work and get the truck unloaded that’s there most important thing.
Benefits
Cons
Getting rob and barely get help
productive
Full Case picker, Dryroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
Coremark is a good entry level work place, look this is my last. The company is a large one, you can transfer to any distribution. I'm tired of filling in this box.
Pros
good staff
Cons
life balance
Way too many hours
Line Selector/Quality Check (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
If you have a social life, or even value sleep, DO NOT WORK HERE! After working at Core-Mark for a year, the smallest shift I have ever worked was an 8 hour shift, and the longest was over 24 hours. They do not accommodate for your human needs either. I got sick for 2 weeks from being overworked, and when I needed to have my hours cut to recover from my illness, they denied me, saying that they can't just give one person less hours, when they need people there to work. Don't work here, they will work you until you die.
Pros
paid vacation, bonuses
Cons
extremely long hours, no accommodation
Asst . Transportation Manager
Asst. Transportation Maager (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAApril 25, 2018
A pathetic company with an even more pathetic group of "managers" running it. I was lied to from the interview process right up until the end.No consistent, valuable training provided. no direction except to expect that you get it done. Absolutely no support or "team". environment. A group of 20 -25 year veterans that expect someone walking in to understand what has taken them years to figure out , to expect that you know that in a month or two...and are surprised when you don't. People that have been in their positions too long and undoubtedly would not be able to survive anywhere else. Managers lead by keeping their employees in fear of losing their job.Bullying is rampant...I could go on but I think the point is clear...a horrible company with an even more horrible future.
Pros
leaving
Cons
Management...deceitful and flat out dishonest
New Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 19, 2018
I worked in the freezer and it was very unorganized. Took forever to get a freezer suit and equipment that worked properly in the freezer. They make you work more than 12 hours and you get in trouble if you try to leave.
Core-mark
transportation clerk (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 17, 2018
Some supervisors could use some people skills but for the most part it is a 9 out of 10 company that I would recommend to other people. Great starting place for employment
Great job opportunities
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89014April 16, 2018
Core-Mark is a great company to work for. Management are great communicative and experienced people who want you to work comfortably and well equipped. Customers served are grateful and cooperative for our services.
Pros
Working solo with minimal contact
Cons
could pat a little more caus eof long hours and lots of driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight