Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States1,041 reviews
Found 1,041 reviews matching the search
Mixed feelings.
Alot of hard work. Team driving with a helper. Most route 25hr + with 25+ stops. Pay is fair as long as you get the right routes. If u want something fixed on your truck or trailer you better tag it out or nothing with happen with it. Great place to learn to drive because 99% of the business is gas stations, monuvering into tight spaces and awkward backing angles will deffinatly test you and you will become great in no time. Trying to have a sleep schedule sucks. Spokane division pays by miles and cubes. Should be paid more for the amount of work you put in.
Don’t apply
This company is all about numbers. The benefits are bare minimum... and wages are horrible. You will not get payment or advance in anyway by working harder
Pros
N/a
Cons
Where to start?
Run you to death
They will run you like no tomorrow they lie about time and don’t train properly. Very dangerous dispatch will force you to drive sleepy they have more work then drivers and need to be shutdown and ran properly.
Terrible Pay
Pay is 12.00 an hour, some workers have been at the company for over 3 years and still making barely above minimum wage. 2021 min wage goes up to 11 dollars in Arkansas. Really Core Mark ..
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay
Okay
Bad team leaders. Compensation is very poor. No compensation for gas using your own vehicle.............................................................. the end
Job seekers rely on your experience.
More concerned with the company than you.
Low pay for the work you do. The bottom line is all they care about. Low quality control makes for extra work for others. If they paid people more they would get better results.
It was fine
Over all it was a great work experience i accomplished my Goals I was a top order selector but they didn't have the best Management over all i believe that has now changed
Pros
goos money
Horrible
Drivers are over worked under paid . Human resource & road Supervisor clearly delusional with the work drivers can handle. No sense of unity . Company violates OSHA guidelines to the maximum.
Core-Mark needs change
The rare dealings and communications I had with the corporate offices went well. Pay was decent and company benefits and vacation time were excellent.
Issues within the division were another matter. We lost business due to bad higher management decisions, lack of product and constant nightmarish issues with transportation and deliveries. Sales reps spent too much time putting out fires instead of selling. Between these problems and an inconsistent (and sometimes non existent) bonus system I lost about 11K per year moving to this division(which I never recovered). Not a good morale booster for sales people.

Management was too busy treading water and trying to make the numbers wok too get involved with their employees.

Trying to fix things by staring at numbers on a computer screen in your office is not the answer. I found an amazing lack of communication between management and their customers and their experienced people out in the field for help suggestions or advise.
Coremark is a good place to work.
Since starting work at Coremark I have been impressed with the management willingness to listen and communicate with their staff on a daily basis. The work environment is pleasant mostly. Pay and benefits are pretty good.
I would recommend Coremark to anyone who really wants to work.
Great benefits
They need to work on communications between shifts and managers. The pay is good and they give you a descent raise for anything you are learning. The bosses are relaxed and try to help you out if they see you work good.
Nice place to work
Core Mark has been good to me. They rehired me, fair with hours, good place to work. I was able to work on my own at my own pace, understanding about me taking family leave.
Pays well
As a driver they pay well but they slave you. They dont care about your life outside of work. They never acknowledge when you do good at work, but always quick to write you up for the slightest things
Work environment is flexible and you feel comfortable
Very good organization to work. Staff and management are very friendly and caring. The manager gives full authority to their staff to work with less supervision.
I loved working there. I had the best pair of leads. I dont know if im able to mention names but if
I had kind coworkers,and my pay was pretty decent. There was so much room to advance within the warehouse and I miss working with the company as a whole.
It was a great experience
I had a great experience.And I thank them for a opportunity.It had made me a better person and I had learn a lot. It is a skill I can take to my next destination
Good and flexibility
You had a number of locations that you ordered and rotating stock
Giving credit for outdated merchandise.

Store managers would suggest things to help.with supplying their needs and wants
13 years of service
Coremark preaches family value, family family family. this is not true. its cut throat environment. the only way to get promoted is to kiss up. POOR benefits, POOR retirement.
Was a good company until a few years back.
Was an overall good experience at coremark. Better in the beginning rather than towards the end.i am blessed to have worked there as long asas I did
Pros
Workers
There was good teamwork
Working at Core-Mark Inc/ proved to be challenging and rewarding at the same time. Working with my peers at this organization was very rewarding and time flew by each day. Unfortunately Covid-19 ended my career path at Core-mark Inc
Review
It was a decent company. Good people..... good pay... nice scheduling. Extremely long 13-15 hour shifts. I would go back if need be..............
....
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.5
Ratings from women
1.9
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight