Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
For some pople
Warehouse Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, TXAugust 9, 2018
But not for me. There is nothing more defeating then working hard all day to finish on time, only to be sent to the line of people that were playing around all day. Especially when they have twice as many people already on that line, but somehow still have a ton of backed up orders.

I'd rather work hard and go home.
Pros
When you leave without helping another line
Cons
Warehouse, Lazy poeple, late night
Not what it seems.. Management uninvolved and poor training
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619August 7, 2018
I worked for this company for 4 months. Just to be let go because e they said I failed to want to learn more than what I had already been taught. As a new employee I do not feel it should be my job to come to you and ask for new tasks. You should train me on everything from the beginning. My manager even admitted she had never on boarded someone from outside the company. She didn't even train me a coworker did and not to mention that they expected me to clean up the emails and mess left by the employee whod been there prior. This is a decent company unfortunately the manager over customer care is lacking in many areas and blames her employees rather than growing herself.
Pros
good pay perfect hoursfriendly coworkers
Cons
poor manager, poor training
Worst place ever!!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy!!
Management doesn't care about your safety... loads where loaded poorly!! You will get robded on route...when u first start, u will work 4 days & weekends off, then that will change to 5 days & rotating weekends, then one day off during the week & sundays off, without warning!!
Manager talks down on his drivers when they are not there or if they move on to another job!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Great Place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80011August 6, 2018
If you work hard and continue to learn the business you will be rewarded at Core-Mark. I have seen that most the people that complain don't understand how the business works or don't want to work.
Overworked
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76134August 5, 2018
U can make 18per hr but you have to pick 200cases per hr. Extra hard because they give all the super esay orders to the people who been there for a while.
Plus its has to be stacked like a mosaic because you have included it could be 6 different places that 1 pallet has to go to.
They need 2 restructure there whole system. I kno it can be easier than that.
Plus that building is way 2 small. Plus its and unsafe place to work! I could go on for days.
Pros
Cons
Overworked underpaid and not worth the time
Productive serious work place.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 4, 2018
It’s a great place to work at, with great people, management is alright it was much better before. It may get busy but working with a great team gets the job done. Their day shift is amazing with a solid team.
No set schedule
Warehouse Person (Night) (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 31, 2018
They give youn the work hours but dont go off that they will tell you have to stay till work is done and they dont know when that will be. And then turn around and come back.
Good starter job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hanover township PAJuly 31, 2018
It was a good job, especially for beginners in the warehouse environment. The company pays you for training and they are very patient. That being said the pay rate was not great, but I great job to pick up experience.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low pay
Good Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJuly 27, 2018
Core-Mark has many divisions (30+) across the US & Canada. I will say every company has it's challenges, with that being said, the Ky. Division is a wonderful company to work for overall.
Let's face it, no one can honestly say the work they do and whom it do it for is perfect right!
Yes, we OCCASIONALLY, not often, have late loads, same is true for poorly loaded trucks, because everyone else plays a part and affects someone else's job, right?
Yes, there is OCCASIONALLY long hours, but not all the time. Typically 10-12 and it could certainly be better if everyone would just do their job!
Drivers work day hours, product is shipped in totes so it is easier to maneuver, they don't stock their own product, if a helper is offered, the company pays for it, not the driver. The equipment is newer and well maintained by Ryder, weekends are off and drivers are usually home at a decent hour in the day. Benefits are great, cheap cost!
But yes, it is route delivery so it is physically demanding. You are off -loading 10-12k lbs. of freight daily up and down a ramp. That is the job, period. You are well compensated but it is hard work. You don't complain about the work being hard as a construction laborer do you? I mean, what do people expect?! Or the hours being long if you are a nurse, this is YOUR chosen profession.
So with understanding these types of things, as long as I am treated fairly, compensated well, and my time off is not interfered with, I will take the bad with the good :)
Pros
Good pay, home at decent hours, no truck cams and weekends off
Cons
Loads aren't always loaded the best, don't like 10-12 hour days, customers can sometimes be a pain
Awful Management, Stressful Work enviroment, over worked workers
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 26, 2018
Nights here were dreadful. There is a silver lining in the Mandatory Overtime which means you work 14-15 hours a day. the people here are mostly mean (cant blame everyone though third shift was the toughest.) the supervisors never really cared about their employees, threatened to be fired if overtime requirements werent met and also age discrimination as older people had more of a seniority. Fights are pretty much condoned as the supervisors will see and do almost nothing about it and also threatening coworkers. Honestly if you dont have a job and you make 2 dollars an hour I would keep that beforee even thinking about applying here.
customer serive
Customer Service III (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 25, 2018
I really feel that things can be done a lot better as far as working to helping the customer and meet there needs. The company to me is losing a lot of money
Wouldn't Recommend
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87107July 23, 2018
A day at work stressful, learned merchandising, management was awful would never go to management, workplace was fine loved what I did, hardest part of the job was inventory on a store you barley start, the most enjoyable is getting to know and love your stores.
Pros
Resets
all buisness work more than 12 hours per day
OPERATIONS MANGER (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 21, 2018
always pushing for increased productivity but do not bring in new technology to improve the work place. Routinely asked to work 12 plus hours a day 6 days a week. Supervisors are underpaid! Performance reviews are conducted every year but we are often asked to write our own. Hourly employees are allowed to come late call out repeatedly or no call no show and when they are disciplined upper management overrides the decision of the supervisor. For example several employees have been discharged and then are brought back by division president thus undermining the authority of the supervisors.
Pros
free safety lunch once a month
Cons
hard hot work to many hours and low pay.
Just ugh
Picker/Packer forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 21, 2018
The managers never really understood what was going on because they've never worked the lines, yet their expectations were super high. On top of their water dispensers NEVER working, there was also a lack of air flow that made some days almost too dangerous to work, yet you had too or they'd send you home. And if you try to collect unemployment they'll try to sue you to get out of paying you anymore to get reimbursed what you "stole" from them. All in all, work at your risk.
Pros
Smoking area
Cons
Smoking area
Not a fun work place
Selector/Picker auditor/stocker (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GAJuly 17, 2018
Only thong good a bout this job is the benefit they have manager everybody want to be the boss u nevet movr up in the company once u do move up couple months later u fired if i could give them a star it would be a neg.star
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough pay bad management from the top to the bottom
Not the best overall
Reach Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 17, 2018
They say they r all about family and not they also make promises and dont follow through you really r just a number and if u need time off you get hit bad on attendance
Benefits
Cons
Not enough money and to many bosses
Overall terrible experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
(Las Vegas) Intially the job was ok... we had overtime on the daily basis but nothing overwhelming. Once they started losing contracts they shortened the staff leaving the work load for the remaining staff. 14 hour shifts became the norm and management acted as if it was the fault of employees. I made some money but nothing substantial... the benefits are great but outside of that it’s not worth not having a life.
Benefits
Cons
No work, life balance, pay should be higher for full case positions
Low pay ,long hours and you can get any drug you want there
Arizona-Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJuly 6, 2018
The managers are really bad , the pay is really bad , they take care of the first shift more than anyother shift. Most of the employee are on drugs and managers know about the drug problem but do nothing about. Manager sleep with women employees and no one does anything about it.
Cons
long hours short window to sell within
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 6, 2018
had to use personal car for business with little renbesment had a small window to see all customers ,had to have all orders in by 2pm. outdated order enter system when I worked for them. low pay for job proformace was asked to do
Great Place to Work
Division Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 4, 2018
Very much a family atmosphere. You feel like everyone from every department has your back and wants to see you succeed. Our new Division President is AWESOME! Cannot thank them enough for all the opportunities they gave to me, that helped me succeed in my Career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight